Puerto Viejo Travel Answers

change location
Lidrokz's Profile Photo

Chimuri Beach Cottages ,Playa Negra, Puerto Viejo de T

by Lidrokz Online Now Aug 20, 2006 at 12:12 PM

Has any one ever stayed at the Chimuri Beach Cottages in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Limon?? If so....what did you think of it?
Thanks
Lidrokz

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • 2_Canadians's Profile Photo

RE: Chimuri Beach Cottages ,Playa Negra, Puerto Viejo de T

by 2_Canadians Online Now Sep 21, 2006 at 8:07 PM

I have not stayed there but was considering it durring October to December. If you hear anything please do let me know!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Lidrokz's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Chimuri Beach Cottages ,Playa Negra, Puerto Viejo de T

by Lidrokz Online Now Sep 23, 2006 at 9:09 AM

Hi fellow Canadians!
    We'll be there (at Chimuri) from Nov. 17 -24 so maybe we'll see you there if you are still there yourselves. If you get a chance & are there before us....maybe email us & let us know what YOU think. We're already booked in so we are going to stay there no matter what.Have fun....Puerto Viejo is one of our favorite places in Costa Rica....we've been there 3 times in the past 2 years.

Re: Chimuri Beach Cottages ,Playa Negra, Puerto Viejo de T

by Lidrokz Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 10:41 AM

Hi I am answering my own question now...
    We have been to CR & are now back home. We did indeed stay at the Chimuri Beach Cottages & had a great time. It is very close to the water (just across the road). The rates were good & we felt safe there a well. The owners were very friendly & helpful. The cabins are rustic & there were a few bugs but its very hard to find a place with out some bugs! Its not too far from town & a nice walk. They are equipped with kitchens as well. We stayed in Cottage #3. It had 2 bedrooms with bug nets over the beds. One room had a double bed & the other had 2 singles.

• Re: Chimuri Beach Cottages ,Playa Negra, Puerto Viejo de T

by minamn Online Now May 9, 2007 at 1:45 PM

so chimuri beack cabinas was a good place to stay? happy to hear this because me and a friend has booked the cabin 2 from september and we will be staying until january. I have been in puerto viejo one time this january, and I loved it. So, now I am going back.. is it ok to walk into town? And is it ok to walk or take the bike back at night or is it dangerous and dark?Maybe safer taking a taxi(we are two girls in the twenties).

Re: Chimuri Beach Cottages ,Playa Negra, Puerto Viejo de T

by Lidrokz Online Now May 11, 2007 at 9:50 AM

Yes….we enjoyed our stay at the Chimuri. It’s rustic so don’t expect 5 star accommodations but it is comfy & safe. As for walking to town, I can’t see it being a problem but as you would any where in the world in this day & age be cautious when out at night. We encountered no problems but you can never be too careful! Definitely rent bikes while your there. Check around though & try & get a cheaper monthly rental. It’s really not far to town but it is hot & humid & riding is faster of course. Riding to town isn’t dangerous….it’s a dirt road so most vehicles are going slow. There are street light on the road to the Chimuri but the closer you get to it the darker it is so make sure you have flashlights. No need for a taxi from the Chimuri to & from town. The owners are very nice…Colocha & Mauricio. You say you will be there until January….the whole east coast is a fantastic area! Check it out from top to bottom. So much to see! You can also use Puerto Viejo as a base to explore the rest of the country as well. Just take a local bus to almost any where you want to go. They are very cheap. We have been to the area several times so if there is anything in particular you would like to know just ask & I will try & help. Have fun & enjoy….that is what the Caribbean coast is all about….relaxation!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines