Puerto Vallarta

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nightclub crawl

by emoore1106 Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 8:16 AM

I want to do a nightclub tour with pickup at my hotel, plaza pelicanos. which tour would do that?

more
    • Where the locals go

by Sylfloegg Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 8:50 PM

My husband, teens and I will be visiting PV. We are renting a condo in Old Vallarta. Need restaurant recommendations where the locals eat. We prefer to experience Mexico and its people like locals and avoid the tourist traps.

more
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Why are there no longer tours to Talpa de Allende?

by briantravelman Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I was looking at tours to Talpa de Allende, and the website says the tour is temporarly unavailiable. It says it is unavailiable during the rainy season, mid June-October. Though I checked the tour once in April, and it said the same thing. Than I went out of curiosity, to see if it would let me book for a date when it's availiable, and it didn't. It's telling me to choose another tour. And there are other tours that are also seasonal, but it lets me go on them no problem.
      Why are there no longer tours to Talpa de Allende? Is it because of safety issues, or is the road out? Does anyone know?
      I read reviews of this tour, and people said it was great, so IDK why it suddently got cancelled.

more
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Why are there no longer tours to Talpa de Allende?

by briantravelman Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I was looking at tours to Talpa de Allende, and the website says the tour is temporarly unavailiable. It says it is unavailiable during the rainy season, mid June-October. Though I checked the tour once in April, and it said the same thing. Than I went out of curiosity, to see if it would let me book for a date when it's availiable, and it didn't. It's telling me to choose another tour. And there are other tours that are also seasonal, but it lets me go on them no problem.
      Why are there no longer tours to Talpa de Allende? Is it because of safety issues, or is the road out? Does anyone know?
      I read reviews of this tour, and people said it was great, so IDK why it suddently got cancelled.

9 Answers 29 minutes ago
    • Where the locals go

by Sylfloegg Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 8:50 PM

My husband, teens and I will be visiting PV. We are renting a condo in Old Vallarta. Need restaurant recommendations where the locals eat. We prefer to experience Mexico and its people like locals and avoid the tourist traps.

2 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 8:12 AM
    • nightclub crawl

by emoore1106 Online Now Jul 9, 2014 at 8:16 AM

I want to do a nightclub tour with pickup at my hotel, plaza pelicanos. which tour would do that?

• Scam or not,what do you think?

by Jomama65 Online Now Jun 12, 2014 at 12:32 AM

I'm thinking of booking 4 tours for 7 people n this tour agency Vallarta Tours has given me a price of $1200. Tours are, El Eden,Dolphin Signature swim, Marietta's snorkeling,private fishing boat. He wants the whole amount up front. What do you think?

2 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • rentedcow's Profile Photo

Rental Car?

by rentedcow Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 7:15 PM

To rent or not to rent a car? We are from the USA, my family is planning on going to be in and around PV for 12 days. Looking at car rental prices on Kayak.com it appears that car rental prices in July are rather reasonable. My wife says no to a car rental, and I say why not. So, I would appreciate your comments.

5 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 7:26 AM
    • rentedcow's Profile Photo

Day trips outside of Puerto Vallarta

by rentedcow Online Now Jun 2, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Hello any suggestions on day trips outside Puerto Vallarta? Thanks

6 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    • Bringing items into Mexico

by Missyincc Online Now May 28, 2014 at 7:36 PM

My wife and I are moving to PV and will be driving a vehicle from Texas at the end of July. We have read that we are allowed $75 each before being charged 16% duty for values of goods beyond that amount. Does that imply a charge of 16% above what is allowed (2 pairs of binoculars, laptop computer, etc.) or 16% above anything over $150 of value?

2 Answers May 29, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    • Bachelorette

by Kpaige Online Now Apr 24, 2014 at 7:29 PM

My girlfriend is getting married down in PV and I'm hoping to have a sex toy party for her in the beginning of the night - do those even exist down there??

1 Answer Apr 25, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • Pesos how much to bring for a weeks stay?

by Bigdog68 Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 9:53 PM

How much money to bring for a weeks stay in PV

2 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • Driving Rental Car

by stevemurray424 Online Now Mar 26, 2014 at 11:30 PM

I am traveling to Puerto Vallarta in June, staying at Now Amber, looking to rent a car so I can get back and forth to Marina Vallarta and Vista Vallarta golf courses. First question is, any concerns for crime/violence having gringo with clubs in rental car, looks like Vista is up in the hills a little bit? Second, any major reasons why I wouldn't want a car. Have not driven Mexico before, but I am confident I can figure it out without, pending no crazy suprises. Thanks, Steve

3 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 8:29 AM
    • susiemargare's Profile Photo

puerto vallarta maps on VT, Q evidently deleted earlier (?)

by susiemargare Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 3:07 PM

hi --

this discussion began in the travel forum from TomS148, who wanted a comparison of two hotels in puerto vallarta, mexico -- the playa los arcos hotel and suites beach hotel versus the plaza pelicanos club beach resort. currently this Q&A sequence is at Playa Los Arcos OR Plaza Pelicanos Club - Puerto Vallarta Travel Forum. my response to his Q is the fifth one.

as you will see if you read my response, the VT site/map for a search for "plaza pelicanos club beach resort" brought up a listing for "plaza pelicanos grand beach resort" (i could not find a listing for "plaza pelicanos club beach resort" on VT) and listed the address for the "plaza pelicanos grand beach resort" as calle diego rivera #120, a location about nine or ten blocks east of the beach on the south side. however, that listing also states that the hotel is in the "las glorias" neighborhood, which is on the beach about 10-20 blocks north of downtown. obviously this hotel cannot be both on calle diego rivera and in the "las glorias" neighborhood.

the expedia and travelocity sites both show the "plaza pelicones club beach resort" as located at calle jose clemente orozco #121, which is in the "las glorias" neighborhood, north of town, and also on the beach. therefore my final conclusion was that the VT map associated with the "plaza pelicones resort" -- whether "beach" or "club" -- was incorrect, showing as it does a street address that is in a neighborhood that does not include that street. i summarized all of this info in my response to tom's original inquiry.

then i posted a new Q (entitled "VT maps, puerto vallarta, mexico") in the travel, technical help, miscellaneous, and MAG forums asking VT staff to take a look at the confusing and inaccurate results i got from VT when answering tom's original Q. the originals of that new Q have evidently been deleted from all but the miscellaneous forum, maybe so that VT staff could try to untangle this mess. i haven't received anything from VT telling me what happened to that new inquiry, so i just don't know what to think.

to be on the safe side, i think i will post this Q in all three of the remaining forums, and we'll see what stays and what disappears. i have no objections to duplicate Qs being deleted or placed in a more appropriate forum, but i'm perplexed as to what happened in this case, and evidently so are several other people. i know this all sounds horribly tangled, but i hope everyone can follow what i've tried to explain. (by the way, i still haven't gotten a VT staff response to my original "VT maps, puerto vallarta, mexico" inquiry!)

at any rate, i will post this Q (entitled "puerto vallarta maps on VT, Q evidently deleted earlier (?)" in each of the forums and see what happens.

thanks for your patience, everyone.

-- susie margaret

• TomS148's Profile Photo

Playa Los Arcos OR Plaza Pelicanos Club

by TomS148 Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Hi! I'm deciding to book for next week between Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach & Spa and Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort. Both all inclusive and around the same price. Which one would you recommend, have anyone of you gone to both. I read many reviews and I can't seem to decide :( Thank you very much and I can't wait to visit Mexico and Puerto Vallarta for the first time :):):)

10 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 8:21 AM
    • Looking for a good(economical) fishing experience

by DeeDee10 Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 4:03 PM

My family and I(husband and 3 children) will be travelling to PV in 2 weeks. We would like to try our hand at fishing without it costing $1000 for all 5 of us. Any tips or suggestions??

4 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 8:40 PM
    • Wrist bands for clubs

by minihoohoo Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Is there a wrist band available to get into the clubs, that offer free admission and booze?

1 Answer Feb 12, 2014 at 9:36 PM

turtle sanctuaries in or near PV

by susiemargare Online Now Feb 10, 2014 at 5:17 AM

hi --

does anyone know about turtle sanctuaries in or near PV?

in writeups about hotels on multiple websites, i see references to turtle sanctuaries in or near PV, but i haven't been able to find details on location, relevant dates, price, etc. does anyone know of any tours that go to turtle sanctuaries or specific hotels/locations that have turtle-related programs? i did a google search on turtle sanctuaries but still couldn't find enough info to act on, except for a reference to a 10-hour expedition that costs $400 USD for up to 10 people (vallartainfo.com/tours/astri...). i could swing the $40 if nine other people went but don't know how i could arrange to be on a tour where nine other people were already booked.

i will be in PV during the last two weeks in may and am staying on the south side. i have been to PV many times, can generally find my way around PV, am familiar with the bus system, and speak enough spanish to communicate in a manageable (tho admittedly rudimentary) way.

thanks very much!

-- susie margaret

2 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 10:27 AM

condo at olas altas #246, old town

by susiemargare Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 8:37 PM

i am considering renting a condo for two weeks on the third floor of this seven-story building. for reference, daiquiri dick's is in one corner of this building. i believe the actual name of the building is the plaza dorada, and the condo owner's name is ted; his last name starts with O (i don't want to publish his full name over the internet). his wife's name starts with B.

does anyone know anything about this condo or this owner? the description on other websites sounds fabulous.

any reason i should not go ahead with this rental? i will be there in the last two weeks in may.

thanks -- susie margaret

3 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    • castoldi14's Profile Photo

Puerto Vallarta in June

by castoldi14 Online Now Jan 21, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Hello, I am looking to have my wedding in the beginning of June in Puerto Vallarta as that is the only time I can do it. I wanted to get some insight on weather conditions in june. I know it is the start of the rainy season but heard it rains for 1-2 hours then stops. Can anyone provide any information on this. Thank you : )

5 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 9:16 AM
    • castoldi14's Profile Photo

Wedding in June

by castoldi14 Online Now Jan 20, 2014 at 8:29 PM

Hello, I was looking on some insight as to how the weather is in Puerto Vallarta in the month of June. We had to move our dates around and so my fiance and I are now getting married June 7th 2014. We have not signed contract yet so just trying to get a feel for the weather during this time and what to expect. Thank you : )

2 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 8:14 AM
    • tigersharkjs's Profile Photo

Traveling with a Service Dog

by tigersharkjs Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 9:05 AM

My husband is disabled and we travel with his service dog. Most restaurants in PV graciously welcome us. The problem is with hotels. We are very fortunate in the US to have the Americans with Disabilities Act, a Federal law which guarantees access to disabled people and their service dogs. Sadly, in Mexico, disabled people have no such protection. We are looking for a beach front hotel in Old Town which will accept our service dog. I have emailed a few which I know of, but I do not know all of the hotels in that area. Does anyone know of such a hotel, where the service dog will be accommodated? Many thanks for any help.

8 Answers Jan 30, 2014 at 6:07 AM
    • New nightclub in Puerto Vallarta

by mitchellmyers Online Now Nov 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM

There is a brand new club that just opened with a stage, cabaret and a piano bar. Thought it was Act III or something but can't find it. Thank you

2 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    • marylaser's Profile Photo

How to contact new owner of El Dorado Restaurant, Puerto Vallarta?

by marylaser Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Until recently, I've been emailing "the manager" at El Dorado to make plans for a May 2014 wedding. The restaurant appears to be under new ownership and closed (for remodeling?). The website has been suspended and the emails bounce :-( Anyone out there have current news about El Dorado, the new owner ad how to contact them?
      TIA!

4 Answers May 22, 2014 at 6:20 PM
    • marylaser's Profile Photo

El Dorado Restaurant

by marylaser Online Now Nov 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I have been trying to contact Ana Paula at El Dorado Restaurant for a week. I was told by a local florist that the restaurant appears to be under new ownership and is being remodeled. Can you confirm? Is there a new contact?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
      Mary

• travel 9/22

by saracuthbert Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM

is it safe to travel to puerto vallarta on 9/22? has the storm impacted this area? thank you!

1 Answer Sep 19, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    • unoloco55's Profile Photo

Safest route driving from Texas to PVR

by unoloco55 Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I have been to Puerto Vallarta several times and traveled by air. I want to drive down if is safe, I know about entry and driving only during the day , would this be an adventure or a nightmare ? Thanks All

3 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM

safety, best time to travel to PV, B&Bs?

by susiemargare Online Now Jul 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM

hi, all --

first, i've seen several forum Q&As on safety in PV, but i can't seem to find anything recent that is applicable. i've never felt unsafe there, but is it still generally safe for tourists? i've been there many times (but not in several years), am used to the bus system, and generally know my way around downtown, the romantic zone, and the northern hotel zone. i'm used to traveling alone and have traveled alone to PV several times. other than precautions i would take in any big city (don't go out by myself late at night, for example), are there any areas, hotels, restaurants, etc., that i need to avoid?

second, i want to go when i can get a lot of sun and it doesn't rain during the day (except for very short periods). however, my budget is limited, so i don't want to go during the "high season," when hotels especially are very expensive and crowded. when does "high season" start and end? how desirable are sept, oct, and nov, or should i wait until spring?

third, does anyone have recommendations for bed-and-breakfast places that might be reasonably priced?

i speak rudimentary spanish (i can get around, ask where things are, order food, etc.) and plan to stay for at least a week, maybe two.

thanks!

4 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM
    • time of season

by tj1977 Online Now Jun 9, 2013 at 3:35 PM

whats the best time ofseason to go to Puerto Vallarta?

2 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    • MandeeJC's Profile Photo

Sea River Towers

by MandeeJC Online Now Apr 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Has anyone stayed at Sea River Towers and how was the experience? What were your highlights of your travels to the region! TIA

• bus ride

by awoods7657 Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM

can I get to the westin hotel by bus

3 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 3:04 AM
    • sunnysarah's Profile Photo

Spa afternoon stagette ideas

by sunnysarah Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I'm the maid of honour for a wedding in November in PV. We are all staying at the Now Amber. The bride would like to have a spa afternoon with about 10 girlfriends the day before the wedding.
      Does anyone have suggestions for me for a nice spa? Or any other nice things to do?
      Appreciate any info. I know lots of people marry in Puerta Vallarta so I am hoping that someone else has done something similar?

2 Answers Apr 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM
    • Bus Trip from Manzanillo to Puerto Vallarta

by mjanney Online Now Feb 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM

We have a place to stay for 2 weeks in Manzanillo, and then plan to take a bus trip to Puerto Vallarta and stay there for a week before we fly out of PV. We have been to both cities and are looking for some advice for our last week road trip to PV. Is there an interesting inexpensive place to stay a night or two between the cities? We love to snorkel, have our own gear, like casual safe environment with locals, speak very little Spanish. How is the bus travel? Will they let us off in between? Any info about a clothing optional beach on the way. Our trip is planned for Feb 20 to March 13, 2013.

1 Answer Feb 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM