Puerto Vallarta Travel Answers

change location

Nuevo Vallarta Paradise Village Safety

by claycinda Online Now Apr 27, 2011 at 8:40 AM

I am planning a trip to Paradise Village in September. I believe this resort is safe but one has to get there from the airport and then travel outside the gates for groceries, etc. I read that one needs to be sure the taxi you are riding in is legit. I recently saw the photos of the dead (skinned men)in Tepic (an hour from NV) and was mortified. I know the killings were drug related but the violence seems to be extraordinarily brutal and may, in the future, know no boundaries. Also, I am buying a condo on El Tigre Golf Course (Sensara) and I am concerned about the long term safety. In addition I believe the developer is out of money. Does anyone know the status? I am considering cancelling my contract with them and travel to Nuevo Vallarta Paradise Village using my points for all future travel.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Nuevo Vallarta Paradise Village Safety

by Bellisuka Online Now May 12, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Hi Claycinda:

Yes that tepic news was terrible, but is no way near Nuevo Vallarta that is like three hours aways but is not really a concern you should have. Nuevo vallarta is Beautiful and the grat thing about is the security from the beginning is supported by the state police. People are driving on their golf cars to everyplace, Is like a liitle piece of heaven. It´s quite and and has a lot of sight seeing. The restaurants are incredible and plus you have a private mall for any basic shopping you need. At the end of your trip you will realize that is a lot of bad news out there but you will never get to hear it. The last thing you do in Puerto Vallarta is watch the news.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by claycinda Online Now May 19, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Thank you for your reply regarding safety at Nuevo Vallarta especially from Tepic. Also, I was wrong about the developer of Sensara. The project will be done in four months.

by JimmyMartoca Online Now Jun 7, 2011 at 1:17 PM

I am a Puerto Vallarta native (actually Bucerias) and I understand your concern. However, our bay is perfectly as safe as any other city in the world and probably safer than most. Do not worry about the drug wars. If you do not deal drugs or are into kidnapping or are asoldier for drug lords it is rare to get hurt by them. They do not mess with the community because they need them for protection. Sometimes people get cought in the crossfire but it is non intentional and even then it is in other cities NOT HERE.
    About Sensara, do not pay them until they give you a deed and you check it with your attorney. Check the progress in the development. if no progress or building going on it may be time to cancel. i am not sure but those are the two main indicators. Many developments are now stopped since everyone has been affected by the violence news. The tourism hs stopped and coupled with the US economic woes this is a perfect storm. However, the area is blessed and your investment in the area is safe. we have been through influenza, wars, devaluations, recessions and people just love it here and will keep coming.
    If you want I can show you other options for your investment if Sensara does not check out.
    Good luck and please be absolutely confident our bay area is perfectly safe to live and invest. I have a wedding venue here and i have seen the US and Canada tourism drop but the Mexicans flock here to get married because they know the drug war is not here. So come down already and have some margaritas!!
    Jimmy

by bobiray1 Online Now Aug 22, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Are you by any chance leaving from Calgary. I need those willing to carry an extra suitcase filled with new clothing into the poor areas. have people willing to pick them up at airport. West jet has humanitarian policy allowing one extra without cost.
    I feel your area is very safe. I have been going to PV for 15 years and feel extremely safe.
    Bobi

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines