Puerto Rico, Island of Travel Answers

change location
2giants's Profile Photo

First Time Visit

by 2giants Online Now Jul 20, 2011 at 5:20 PM

We're looking for suggestions for a first time visit to Puerto Rico. We like beach front, laid back kind of places where we can eat like a local. We don't want an all inclusive or high rise. We have no idea where to even start looking. What are your suggestions for the best beach to hang out on in late October? Diving, snorkeling, and just plain relaxing is on our list.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: First Time Visit

by JackDarcy Online Now Jul 22, 2011 at 2:11 AM

If you are visiting for a first time on a tour that I think you should have a car on rent as well as chauffeur so that wherever you want to travel you will feel ease to travel at any places.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: First Time Visit

by ckay87 Online Now Mar 7, 2012 at 6:39 AM

I just booked a condo in Luquillo. It is on the beach and central to most everything we want to do. A short drive to the rainforest and Fajardo where we will take the Bio Bay excursion. Less than an hour from San Juan. From all I've read or heard from friends who have lived there, it's a beach town, not big city at all. Lots of kioskos (local food stands). Beautiful beach right out front of our condo in Playa Azul and walking distance to other beaches with different levels of surf. Fajardo, minutes away, is supposed to have lots of marinas with lots of excursions for your dives. Those excursions go to the islands of Culebra and Vieques as well, where the diving is supposed to be supreme.

This will be my first trip to PR, but I am planning obsessively and am in LOVE with my choice of Luquillo. Sounds like it fits your bill as well.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Puerto Rico, Island of