Travel Answers
Puerto Rico

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is it safe to visit Puerto Rico after floods?

Puerto Rico Aug 28, 2015 at 8:09 AM

I am reaching San Juan PR Saturday(29th August) after noon. I saw Puerto Rico has been hit by floods. It may be devastating out there by then. Is this the right time to visit? Is there any precautions I need to take and how to deal with the people? I cannot cancel the trip since I already paid full amount.

more
    • Island-lover-shari's Profile Photo

Salsa dance teacher

San Juan Aug 2, 2015 at 7:32 PM

My dance partner and I are intermediate salsa dancers. We want to take a few private lessons while in Puerto Rico. Any recommendations and pricing info?
      Thank you so much!!
      Shari

more

Salsa dance teacher

San Juan Aug 5, 2015 at 5:13 AM

My dance partner and I are intermediate salsa dancers. We want to take a few private lessons while in Puerto Rico. Any recommendations and pricing info?
      Thank you so much!!
      Shari

more
    • Is it safe to visit Puerto Rico after floods?

Puerto Rico Aug 28, 2015 at 8:09 AM

I am reaching San Juan PR Saturday(29th August) after noon. I saw Puerto Rico has been hit by floods. It may be devastating out there by then. Is this the right time to visit? Is there any precautions I need to take and how to deal with the people? I cannot cancel the trip since I already paid full amount.

Salsa dance teacher

San Juan Aug 5, 2015 at 5:13 AM

Thank you so much!!
      Shari

3 Answers Aug 6, 2015 at 6:11 PM

Salsa dance teacher

San Juan Aug 2, 2015 at 7:32 PM

Thank you so much!!
      Shari

Non-swimming activities

Puerto Rico Jul 30, 2015 at 3:39 PM

A friend and I are talking about going to Puerto Rico. He doesn't do well in the heat and sun, and he doesn't want to swim. He is not a shopper either. What are some fun activities that will make a three or four night trip worthwhile?
      He loves music, especially blues, and he loves to dance, Latin, blues and freestyle.
      Thank you for any input you can offer!!
      Shar

5 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 8:38 AM
    • San Juan Travel Guide

San Juan Jul 25, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Can you recommend the best San Juan, Puerto Rico Travel Book? Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 3:45 PM
    • transportation

San Juan Jul 24, 2015 at 10:18 PM

coolHi, what is the most economical way for tranfers to hotel& airport,going to San Juan& inter continental hotel?

3 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 12:18 PM
    • Hi plz what can me or my sister do

San Juan Jul 11, 2015 at 5:03 AM

Hi my sister and niece went with our uncle k to San Juan well he's started acting different tords her and my niece now he abandoned them both what can she do to get help getting back to the states she doesn't have a passport?

3 Answers Jul 11, 2015 at 6:36 AM
    • Transfers or taxi to the pier

San Juan Jun 13, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Transfers or taxi to the pier

7 Answers Jun 13, 2015 at 6:50 PM
    • uneev's Profile Photo

Rainforest to Vieques Island

Puerto Rico Apr 10, 2015 at 7:38 AM

Hello all,

Staying in the condado area on our upcoming trip. We were thinking of driving down to the rainforest sat morning and then figured instead of coming back to san juan, we might as well do some stuff around there so we dont drive back and forth. I thought checking out the bio bay might be worth it. Ive heard that the tours in Vieques are better. How can we get from the rainforest to vieques. Can we drive down to Fajardo, park there and take a ferry or a boat tour?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Joy

2 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 8:35 AM
    • Traveling with young children.

Isla de Vieques Mar 21, 2015 at 12:07 AM

I am a mom and want to travel with my two young children ages 6 and 7. Do you think Vieques is a safe place to travel with young children?

1 Answer May 12, 2015 at 9:34 AM
    • Bus from San juan airport to near Posada hostel

San Juan Mar 11, 2015 at 10:52 PM

Is there a bus I can take from the San Juan airport to near the Posada hostel in old San Juan ?

1 Answer May 12, 2015 at 9:38 AM
    • Josh-Portland's Profile Photo

What to do on a weekend in PR?

Puerto Rico, Island of Mar 3, 2015 at 1:07 PM

From what I've read, many typical "tourist" spots are crowded on the weekends, so we will plan on visiting them during the weekdays (we'll be in PR for almost 3 weeks staying in Loiza by the beach).
      But what are some good ideas for things to do or places to go on a weekend? Maybe get out of town and drive to Ponce or Rincon?
      Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

2 Answers Mar 3, 2015 at 4:25 PM
    • San Juan to Aguadilla

San Juan Mar 1, 2015 at 8:11 PM

I'm looking for a cheap safe way from San Juan to Aguadilla or Isabela. can anybody help me out ?

2 Answers May 12, 2015 at 9:40 AM
    • clothes store

San Juan Feb 28, 2015 at 11:24 AM

Does any one know the name of the plus size clothes shop in san juan

• Sunday - Thursday Nights; Best Nightlife

San Juan Feb 21, 2015 at 9:46 PM

So I will be staying in Condado on Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed and Thurs night and was wondering where the best nightlife is on these non-weekend nights? Something lively with a DJ or live band ? thanks

1 Answer Feb 22, 2015 at 7:38 AM
    • Car rental

Puerto Rico Feb 20, 2015 at 11:13 AM

I'm looking to rent a car in Old San Juan to explore outside of that area. The reviews I have read online (yelp, in particular) have been horrible. Reviews state horribly long waits, jacked up fees etc. I am looking to rent from companies familiar with me such as Budget, Hertz etc, but all have two stars online. Any feedback would be appreciated!

9 Answers May 22, 2015 at 6:05 AM
    • Weekend get away -want to impress male guest

Puerto Rico Feb 1, 2015 at 8:38 AM

I have been to Puerto Rico several times because my family lives there. However, I haven't been able to explore the hidden gems of Puerto Rico. I am inviting a male friend to join me Friday to Sunday and want him to experience Puerto Rican culture and cuisine. I want to pack in as much fun as I can that would be the most memorable and more of what a male would want to do...

4 Answers Feb 8, 2015 at 9:38 AM
    • jmhultin's Profile Photo

Ideas? Where to spend our last night

Puerto Rico Jan 26, 2015 at 10:41 AM

We'll be spending about 12 days in PR in February - 2-4 days in each of the following: Old Town, El Yunque, Vieques and Culebra. We have about 24 hours with a rental car (landing about noon in Ceiba, and departing next day from SJU). Without pounding the road too hard, any suggestions for that last day/night? We're not too keen on big resorts, especially all-inclusives.

5 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 7:39 AM
    • Dgunty13's Profile Photo

Do you feel safe in Fajardo as a tourist?

Puerto Rico Jan 24, 2015 at 10:01 AM

I'm planning my wedding @ El conquistador for next year & my family keeps finding articles about puerto rico being unsafe. We are from a suburb near Chicago and I keep reassurimg them it will be fine as long as we stay near the resort. Does anyone have any experiences in this area to speak to? I appreciate the reassurance! Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 7:43 AM
    • uneev's Profile Photo

Private boat tour

Puerto Rico Jan 19, 2015 at 7:35 AM

I am visiting PR in April with 11 of my friends. One of the days I wanted to do a private boat/catamaran tour for 5-6 hours. We are staying in the Condado area. Any recommendations on who I can work with to do a private charter but reasonably priced?

Thanks in advance.

6 Answers Jan 19, 2015 at 5:03 PM

Need for Passport?

Puerto Rico Jan 17, 2015 at 12:58 PM

I'm a US citizen and resident, planning a trip to PR. Is there ANY reason to take a passport?

3 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 7:44 AM
    • Beach close to airport

San Juan Jan 10, 2015 at 7:50 PM

We have a long wait for our flight back home and would like to check our luggage then go to a beach to hang out until our flight leaves. Not sure what beach is close enough and safe enough. Also, can you just walk onto any beach or do you have to be staying at a hotel there? Will it be easy to get a taxi back to the airport? Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 1, 2015 at 7:52 AM
    • Fun Bars/Food

Puerto Rico Jan 9, 2015 at 10:26 AM

I am going with a group of 11 people on Monday, Feb. 23, 2015. Our cruise ship is in port from 3pm to 10pm. Can anyone one suggest authentic Puerto rican food? We are also looking for fun bars (for over 30 yr olds) to spend the rest of the time in port.

Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 6:48 PM

Safe parking at Ceiba airport?

Puerto Rico Jan 5, 2015 at 8:27 AM

We'll have a rental car on the big island, but taking a two-night side trip to Vieques by air from Ceiba. I have heard that leaving a car may not be safe. Can anyone tell me if I need to find a "secure" lot, or is basic airport parking adequate?

1 Answer Jan 5, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Bio bay tour - Boat or kayak?

Isla de Vieques Jan 5, 2015 at 8:01 AM

Trying to decide which tour to take. I hope to take a lot of photos, and figure that handling paddles and camera would be a hassle (not to mention the angst of tipping with a good camera). We can get our recreational paddling in during the day at another venue. On the other hand, a boat with 22 passengers (per Island Adventures Tours) sounds a bit crowded.

Any advice would be welcome. Abe's appears to be the premier kayak tour outfit? By a stroke of luck, we'll be there at almost the darkest phase of the moon.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2015 at 3:23 PM
    • unsafe areas in puerto

San Juan Jan 4, 2015 at 9:04 PM

Unsafe areas in Puerto Rico,high crime

9 Answers Jan 6, 2015 at 1:59 AM

El Yunque road closure

Puerto Rico Dec 31, 2014 at 9:33 AM

I understand there is a road closure due to a landslide on highway 191 through El Yunque, but I can't find specifics on just where that closure is. Can anyone help me?

3 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 1:41 PM
    • fabteacher's Profile Photo

Restaurants?

Guanica Dec 26, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Any suggestions as to good simple restaurants as well as good but but more upscale restaurants? Thanks very much!

1 Answer Dec 26, 2014 at 8:38 PM
    • Boosmom's Profile Photo

bus service in isla verde Puerto Rico

San Juan Dec 23, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Juzt wondering where to get OFF the bus if I ever manage to get on a bus heading to old san juan. Thanks

3 Answers Dec 24, 2014 at 7:31 AM
    • rent a friend.

Puerto Rico Dec 14, 2014 at 5:01 AM

In some countries there is a service called a "rent a local friend". Is there in Puerto Rico?

3 Answers May 12, 2015 at 9:44 AM