Puerto Plata

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Puerta Plata or Punta Cana?

by sandy472 Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 4:52 PM

If you are a single person, which area is better to stay, Puerto Plata or Punta Cana?

1 Answer Mar 30, 2014 at 5:08 PM
    • Any hotels have 1000-1500 rooms in POP area? Could look at other areas of DR if needed.

by ClearChoiseMusic Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I thought that Lifestyle Tropical along Confresi Palms would be it looks like each only has 212 rooms and 70 suites. I am looking for somewhere to have a large event. The ideal hotel would have a large stage with lighting, good service, all inclusive a most, and a great value. Not looking or needing fancy, value is more important. Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Mar 20, 2014 at 7:29 PM
    • Looking for a Guide/Assistant for week

by ClearChoiseMusic Online Now Mar 20, 2014 at 5:06 PM

I am actually coming down for the second in the last few months. The first time was just kind of scoping out ideas for a project that Im working on. This time its going to be business. I speak very little spanish and will need someone to translate at times, as well as drive us around to various hotel sites. Any recommendations? My email is toddking30@yahoo.com

1 Answer Mar 20, 2014 at 5:35 PM
    • Live music

by GaryHGray Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 8:35 PM

Good Evening,
      We are staying at the Lifeatyles resort in Puerto Plata. Is there any places near bye that have live music ?
      Thanks Gary

1 Answer Jan 28, 2014 at 2:43 AM
    • Hiring a inexpensive driver

by pastorguy Online Now Oct 22, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Is there a particular company I can hire an economical driver to show me around?

• Cofresi Palm Beach or Blue Bay?

by angrn5502 Online Now Oct 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM

My friends and I are looking to book a trip to Puerto Plata early next April. There will be 5 adults (early 30's), 2 couples and 1 single. Initially we were planning to book Cofresi Palm Beach through CheapCaribbean. But now we have the option of going through my grandma's timeshare company at Blue Bay, for 1 extra night and a slightly lower cost. We can choose between "Silver Deluxe" or "no concierge." If we went with this resort, what more is available with the Silver Deluxe, and would we really need it (a concierge)? We are having a difficult time deciding which is better for us. We would prefer less dining at buffets (seems like this point is for Cofresi, but I don't know about availability to reserve), pools (what are pool hours?), beaches, and plentiful drinks (variety and included alcohol) and activities (included as well as paid for). We do not necessarily plan to go off resort, although we are not opposed to it, and may rent a car to do some self-guided sightseeing. Which resort is nicer and has more options for people in their early 30's?

1 Answer Oct 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM
    • tourist cards

by nlcollins53 Online Now Jul 19, 2013 at 11:47 AM

can we purchase these before we go or only in puerto plata? and the luggage fee, is that for carry on luggage as well as checked luggage?

2 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 2:45 AM
    • janke_M's Profile Photo

Transporation and things to do

by janke_M Online Now Feb 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM

i have seen on here stuff to do anyone have a favorite?

Also any clue how much a taxi is from POP airport to Cofresi Beach?
      the hotel shuttle is 55 one way just wanted to compare
      thanks!

1 Answer Feb 11, 2013 at 2:47 PM
    • janke_M's Profile Photo

Resort

by janke_M Online Now Dec 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM

We just booked a trip staying in the Life Style Crown Residence Suites, can anyone give advice on how to get from the airport- cost ect. and what might be close and a good experience close to the resort... THANKS ;)

2 Answers Dec 14, 2012 at 6:34 AM
    • merryway's Profile Photo

getting around from Iberostar Resort

by merryway Online Now Apr 7, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Hello,

I will be staying at the Iberostar Costa Dorado in May. I was wondering how to get transit without going through the resort. Usually resorts have higher taxi prices.

Is there a bus stop or scooter pick up near the resort gate?

Any reliable drivers or guides I could hire? Looking to visit Sosua, Isabel de Torres and Porta Plata Malecon.

How far to Santiago de los Caballeros? What would be typical taxi fare? Any buses from Costa Dorado?

Thanks,
      Merryway

• wedding in puerto plato

by sillybride Online Now Mar 8, 2012 at 4:26 AM

i got married in puerto plato and lost my marriage certificate.does anyone know how i can replace it.

1 Answer Mar 8, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    • Shopping prices?

by perfect4u1983 Online Now Jan 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I am coming from Seattle and I wonder about the shopping prices here. People say that prices are great, but looking at the Harrison's website prices are the same as in the US. can anyone tell me what to expect to pay for certain things, or where prices are cheaper? Thanks!

• massot's Profile Photo

Is it a good hotel?

by massot Online Now Aug 29, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I have checked the hotels in PP, but I did`nt found
      Be Live Grand Marien. I fly tomorrow to this destination.
      Please, some opinion?
      What abour to rent a car during 3o4 days?
      It is easy to cross the border to Haiti?
      Thanks!

Dr Romà Massot
      Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain

1 Answer Aug 29, 2011 at 9:52 AM
    • Strad's Profile Photo

Some one please recommed some decent hotels in Purto Plata?

by Strad Online Now Aug 23, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Some one please recommed some decent hotels in Purto Plata?

I thank you in advance for your help!

Strad

3 Answers Aug 24, 2011 at 6:35 AM
    • NiciJ's Profile Photo

If I have spare luggage allowance, should I bring something for children?

by NiciJ Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM

I am travelling to Dominican Republic next week and will be staying in an All Inclusive hotel for two weeks, but I don't plan on taking too many clothes, and will basically be chilling within the hotel only (just need to rest and recuperate) but should I have spare baggage allowance, would love to bring some nice things for some local children... I have read that DR has some very poor areas, and whilst I don't have much spare cash, if coloring books / pencils / notebooks etc would help a local school, I'd be happy to oblige.
      Am I just being daft, or do you think this might make a difference to someone?! I got the idea from an advert for a website called "www.packforapurpose.org" but my hotel is not one of the 4 listed in DR on this website.
      What do you think?!

4 Answers Aug 7, 2011 at 11:25 PM
    • SpicyLaura's Profile Photo

Travel time from Santiago to Puerto Plata

by SpicyLaura Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 8:33 AM

I'm reading a lot of conflicting reports on the distance (in time and mileage) between Santiago and Puerto Plata. We will need to make the journey a number of times on our trip and I'm trying to determine just how long it will take to take a bus between the two communities. Can anyone help me?

3 Answers Aug 12, 2011 at 9:32 AM
    • marriage certificate

by tracymu Online Now Mar 8, 2011 at 5:14 AM

Hi I got married in dominican republic and need to get a replacement marriage certificate. I need a full address for the registrars.I think it is office munific de puerto plata san felipe de puerto plata can anyone confirm this so i can write to them

• Driving from Puerto Plata, DR to Port Au Prince, Haiti

by sxanness Online Now Jan 24, 2010 at 11:58 AM

I am looking for someone with recent experience of driving from Puerto Plata, DR to Port Au Prince, Haiti. How long, how rough a road, how much cost, did they rent or hire a driver, etc.

Any information would be vital and very much appreciated/

2 Answers Aug 7, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    • Anyone going to stay at Bahia Principe San Juan week of Dec 24-31 2009?

by RickyCe Online Now Nov 20, 2009 at 4:57 AM

Anyone going to Bahia Principe San Juan week of Dec 24-31?

I'm travelling there last week of Dec 2009. going solo , wondering if any other travellers may be doing the same and want to get together there....

i'm male 50....

Been to DR before and want to see some of the sights around the area when I'm there

Richard

• carloarg02's Profile Photo

Options for flying Puerto Plata back to the US ? Opciones para volar Puerto Plata a EE UU?

by carloarg02 Online Now Sep 15, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Hello,

We'll be in a resort around Puerto Plata next week and since my wife is pregnant and has had a history of pregnancy problems, we wanted to be ready to fly back to the US if an emergency arises. So I've been trying to figure out what flights back to the US are available.

Vamos a estar en un hotel de Puerto Plata la semana que viene, y ya que mi esposa esta embarazada y ha tenido problemas con embarazos en el pasado, queriamos estar preparados si alguna emergencia pasa. Asi que estaba tratando de averiguar que vuelos van desde Puerto Plata a los Estados Unidos.

So far these are the only 3 daily flights that I've been able to research / Estos son los 3 vuelos diarios que he encontrado:

Continental, 1:10pm, New York, 4 hrs
      Jetblue, 2:50pm, New York, 4 hrs
      American Airlines, 4:30pm, Miami, 2hrs

Do you know if there's other flights from POP to anywhere in the US, or is there another big nearby airport? Saben si hay algun otro vuelo ademas de esos desde el aeropuerto POP hacia los Estados Unidos, o hay alguno otro aeropuerto internacional cerca?

Thanks/ Gracias!

Carlos

1 Answer Sep 16, 2009 at 12:10 AM
    • cotto vs. margarito

by mannyac Online Now May 24, 2008 at 8:09 PM

Senores: Estare en la RD 7/26. Me gustaria ir a ver la pelea contra Miguel Cotto vs. Antonio Margarito en HBO PPV. Sabras donde lo tendran ensenando? Gracias. MAC

3 Answers Jun 20, 2008 at 5:35 AM
    • dorada club resort

by redwedding Online Now Oct 17, 2003 at 4:04 AM

hi we are going to the dorada club resort in dec for our honeymoon and was wondering if anyone had been to this hotel and any do`s and don`ts for us to consider.is it true if you go out of the compound of a night it is dangerous? is it also true that all the locals are let in the compound at weekends and wreck the place and cause havoc.these are just a couple pf things we have read on reviews. any advice would be very grateful.many thanks

8 Answers Nov 30, 2003 at 4:11 AM
    • acohiba's Profile Photo

puerto plata

by acohiba Online Now Feb 12, 2003 at 5:37 PM

I am going to puerto plata in the summer. I've been there before but stayed with family in the city. Right now I am looking at Villa Taina or Hotel Kaoba and wanted to know if anyone had information or as to how they would rate these two hotels? or if they knew of a better place to stay in that area?

4 Answers May 22, 2011 at 4:16 PM
    • gwarner's Profile Photo

March 2003

by gwarner Online Now Dec 27, 2002 at 8:02 AM

Could someone provide some nice hotel,activities and sights in this area.

5 Answers Mar 14, 2003 at 1:34 PM