Puerto Peñasco Travel Answers

change location
VatoLoco's Profile Photo

Puerto Penasco

by VatoLoco Online Now Mar 31, 2003 at 2:19 PM

All, I will be going to Puerto Penasco, Sonora. Has anyone been there lately. I will be there the weekend of the 25th of April. Anything in particular to check out? Estare en Puerto Penasco, Sonora. An estado ahi. Estare ahi el fin de Semana del 25 de Abril. Aparte de la playa, hay algo mas interesante que ver? Gracias

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: Puerto Penasco

by mjmlee Online Now Mar 31, 2003 at 3:07 PM

Rocky Point is OK. Lots of good seafood . the beach is so so. Further south at Guaymas or San Carlos - much nicer. At Rocky Point, it is stroll the beach, eat drink and be merry and watch the fireworks at night. Enjoy

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • VatoLoco's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Puerto Penasco

by VatoLoco Online Now Mar 31, 2003 at 9:08 PM

Hey, but tell me more. Did you go there yourselfe? When? Also, do you know how far is "Las Trincheras" from Puerto Penasco? I am into ruins I everytime I travel to Mexico, I have to visit its Archeology. Thanks for answering:+)

• Re: Re: Puerto Penasco

by mjmlee Online Now Apr 1, 2003 at 2:51 AM

Hi, we were in Rocky Point primarily to see Mexico. No, I have no idea where Las Tri...... is. A friend of mine might know. He hikes Baja quite a bit, and often follows the trails of Father Kino. Archaelogical digs in Puerto Penasco.. interesting.

• VatoLoco's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Puerto Penasco

by VatoLoco Online Now Apr 1, 2003 at 11:44 AM

Wow who is Father Kino. I haven't heard from him.

• Re: Re: Puerto Penasco

by enriqueo Online Now May 26, 2003 at 4:21 PM

Hello Vato loco, I hope you enjoyed Puerto Penasco. I live close and I love it. Now, for your info, Father Kino was a priest and missioner in the 1600's. He established more than 15 mission in the middle of the dessert, since Arizona to Baja California. I live in Caborca, here's one of the most beatiful mission of his trails. You can see a pic at http://www.nps.gov/tuma/Caborca.html Trincheras is 1.5 hours from here. I have been there some times. By the way, if you ever want to visit, please let me know. I can arrange your trip.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines