Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• storyin's Profile Photo

local jewellery shop, artist?

Punta Arenas Apr 3, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Hola,
      Is there any special, nice local jeweller, jewelry shop in Punta arenas?

Please recommend me, I would like to visit and buy something.

Gracias.

more
    • Trekking the W route in late April

Torres del Paine Apr 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Hi,
      I am a solo traveller looking to trek the W route from 24-28th April and wanted to ask if it is best to book refugios in advance? Many of them seem to have finished for the season (or floes on the 30April) and it's hard to see what I will need to book. Do you think it is possible to book everything in Puerto Natales? Or is it better to book some in advance and risk only a few? I am happy to camp if that is the only option but would prefer a basic bed if possible.

Also this is at the beginning of a three moth trip and I will have a very large travel ruck sack. Is there somewhere where you can store bags before entering the park?

Help and tips much appreciated especially from anyone who has done this trip solo.
      Thanks! Vicky

more
    • Is isla herschel sefty !?

Isla Herschel Apr 15, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Hello everyone :)
      Just I want to ask if its sefty ?
      And is there good places to visit?

Thank you ..

more
    • car rental

by indep99 Online Now Feb 16, 2010 at 2:31 PM

hello,
      can someone please tell me a car rental company that is reliable and cheaper than hertz? i got a good price from ppu expeditions but i dont' have any review from them and they are asking for my passport # and credit card number which i find a bit uncomfortable giving away

2 Answers Feb 16, 2010 at 2:50 PM
    • anvgap's Profile Photo

North from Puerto Natales

by anvgap Online Now Jan 9, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Hi!
      We are travelling south to north Chile from mid-october and we're getting a bit stuck in the planning stage beyond PN. We don't drive and don't fancy the ferry. We've heard there is a bus from Punta Arenas to Peurto Montt but suspect that it only goes in Jan/Feb. Any info/advice?

6 Answers Oct 29, 2011 at 12:56 AM
    • bus transportation from Puerto Natales to Calafate

by ncdpifh Online Now Jan 3, 2010 at 1:39 AM

I am traveling from Puerto Natales to Calafate by bus on Feb.11th, 2010.
      Do I need to buy tickets in advance? What bus companies do this route?

5 Answers Sep 8, 2012 at 4:56 AM
    • Supermarket Puerto Natales

by moets Online Now Nov 5, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Hi,

Before we went to Torres del Paine we want to buy some food for our trekking. Does anyone know the supermarket is open on Sunday? If so, what are the openingtimes?

8 Answers Nov 12, 2009 at 9:33 AM
    • Are there buses fromPuerto Natales, Chile to El Calafate, Argentina ?

by Gulwadi Online Now Jul 16, 2009 at 2:12 AM

Hi,

Planning to travel Puerto Natales, Chile to El Calafate, Argentina, are there any buses and how frequent ? how much does it cost ?

Thanks

1 Answer Jul 16, 2009 at 2:45 AM
    • bus availability in winter

by silviocri Online Now Mar 16, 2009 at 3:19 PM

Hi.
      Bus from Cile (i.e. Puerto Natales) to El Calafate are available in winter, for example the 30th July ?

If yes, I need more details on the bus company included, if possible, the web site or the email contact.

Many thanks en advance !

Silvio Cri

1 Answer Mar 17, 2009 at 6:04 AM
    • Rental Car recommendation

by srujan45 Online Now Oct 22, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Hi,

Would anyone have recommendations/experiences with Transpatagonia Car Rental (http://www.transpatagonia.cl)? The quote I received, and upon some basic negotiation is

TransPatagonia Car Rentals -350.00
      Motorcars Car Rentals -420.00

Options include Free mileage, TAX, Insurance, International Insurance, Documents to cross the border

ANY OTHER GOOD CAR RENTAL AGENCIES?

Thanks
      Srujan

4 Answers Nov 6, 2009 at 10:26 AM
    • Travel to Torres del Paine

by dclair Online Now Nov 10, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Do you know if one can go from P. Arenas to Torres del Paine in one day by bus. I assume that you would have to change buses in P. Natales - yes?

Thanks so much,

David

5 Answers Oct 27, 2008 at 1:41 AM
    • reynes's Profile Photo

Hotel Recommendations

by reynes Online Now Sep 21, 2007 at 3:22 PM

We're planning a trip to Puerto Natales/Torres del Paine area. Can you recommend a reasonable 3 star hotel that charges between90-150 for a double room for 2 people?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 22, 2007 at 12:43 AM
    • Is it possible to walk around In Torres del Paine

by auliarizal Online Now Jul 7, 2007 at 2:11 AM

Hello,

At the end of September we will go to Puerto Natales bij our self and
      like to do the W-circuit walking in the Park.
      Is it possible to do it in our own ? Or is it not wise at all.

Thank in advance,

Aulia

1 Answer Jul 7, 2007 at 2:26 AM
    • w hike with rental cars in torres del paine

by tdptraveler Online Now Feb 23, 2007 at 9:14 AM

We are planning to hike the W in Torres del Paine in March. We are flying into Punta Arenas and would like to rent a car and drive on our own from there to the park (rather than be stuck with the bus schedules). If we park at one end of the W and hike to the other, is there any bus or shuttle service that can take us back to our car at the end of the trek? Does it matter if we start at the Lago Grey side of the W or at the Lago Amarga side? Do you know where we can find information about any such shuttles/bus transports within the park? Thank you!

1 Answer Feb 23, 2007 at 9:59 AM
    • Puerto Natales-El Calafate Bus

by pat1967 Online Now Jan 23, 2007 at 6:38 PM

Hey guys! Me and my girlfriend will be travelling from puerto natales-el calafate in March and we are looking for the cheapest bus service. We know that Bus Sur and Bus Cootra do the route but we can't find any up-to date prices or a timetable. Can anyone help?

2 Answers Jan 4, 2009 at 9:17 AM
    • Flight from Puerto Natales to El Calafate

by MarJane Online Now Dec 28, 2006 at 2:11 PM

We want to fly from Puerto Natales to El Calafate, but are leary of a small 10 passenger plane. What type of plane did you use? Contact persons for the flights? Or, if you drove, did you have any problems with the border? What paperwork is needed?
      Thanks

3 Answers Dec 30, 2006 at 4:54 AM
    • Day Tour to Torres Del Paine

by graysky111 Online Now Nov 11, 2006 at 5:21 PM

How much is it usually? and What time the tour usually come back?
      Can you recomend some tour companies? Because I will be arriving at P.N at 10:00 pm. And i want to do the tour the next day.
      Thank you
      I am in Punta Arenas now. haha.

2 Answers Nov 11, 2006 at 11:56 PM
    • bus to PN from Punta Arenas

by radarro Online Now Nov 5, 2006 at 8:12 AM

hello everybody:)
      I'll be arriving to Punta Arenas by plane from Santiago and then, after few days we want to move to Puerto Natales and TdP national park. could anyone help us and give some tips about the best option how to get there? are there any direct buses from Punta Arenas to Puerto Natales? how long such a way can take? what are the costs?
      i would appreciate very much any tips
      Marcin

3 Answers Dec 28, 2006 at 2:14 PM
    • Last question regarding getting IN and OUT of the park and about the W trek

by suziq999 Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 11:19 AM

Hi all, last question, I promise! :D

We are coming in by bus from El Calafate. Is it possible to get to the park on the same day by catching another bus? We would prefer not to stay the night in Puerto Natales because of a tight schedule. Can anyone point me to a bus schedule or other companies that might transport us? The same question goes for a return trip, do buses leave late at night or early in the morning for PN such that we can catch the bus back to E.C?

Second question - how do you get to start the trek? Will the bus from PN drop us off at various starting points? I thought to start the W you had to catch a boat across the lake... will this be open in the evening if we come in late from PN? Is there a website with these times? Or can we start the W at another place?

Our timing is that we are coming in Dec 1 from El Calafate and need to return on Dec 7 to El Calafate and hopefully do the whole W in that time period. I hope we are realistic!

4 Answers Jan 3, 2009 at 7:26 PM
    • Last question regarding getting IN and OUT of the park and about the W trek

by suziq999 Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 10:01 AM

Hi all, last question, I promise! :D

We are coming in by bus from El Calafate. Is it possible to get to the park on the same day by catching another bus? We would prefer not to stay the night in Puerto Natales because of a tight schedule. Can anyone point me to a bus schedule or other companies that might transport us? The same question goes for a return trip, do buses leave late at night or early in the morning for PN such that we can catch the bus back to E.C?

Second question - how do you get to start the trek? Will the bus from PN drop us off at various starting points? I thought to start the W you had to catch a boat across the lake... will this be open in the evening if we come in late from PN? Is there a website with these times? Or can we start the W at another place?

Our timing is that we are coming in Dec 1 from El Calafate and need to return on Dec 7 to El Calafate and hopefully do the whole W in that time period. I hope we are realistic!

3 Answers Oct 24, 2006 at 12:48 AM
    • English speaking tour guide to Torres Del Paine

by vamiami Online Now Sep 24, 2006 at 7:41 AM

WE'll be in Puerto Natales in Feb 2007
      WE have a car and a driver but we r looking for an English speaking guide to join our van on Feb 17&18 ) to tour torres del Paine
      any recommendations?
      vamiami@vtmail.com
      thanks

• buses

by willissandra Online Now Aug 6, 2006 at 3:30 PM

Hello,

I would like to find out if there is a direct bus service between Puerto Natales and Puerto montt, or possibly a route with minimum connections.Can you help?

4 Answers Aug 17, 2006 at 8:42 AM
    • wildnerness camping on the paine circuit

by sea102 Online Now Feb 22, 2006 at 6:34 PM

hello,
      i'm interested in doing as much wilderness and free camping on the paine circuit as possible. if you have tips, choice site recommendations, or other information, i would greatly appreciate it!

• Boleslav's Profile Photo

W trek- what direction is better?

by Boleslav Online Now Feb 11, 2006 at 12:04 PM

Does anybody have a recomendation whether to start at Hosteria Las Torres and go west or to start at Refugio Grey and go east (due to winds, other challenges?) thank you

2 Answers Apr 13, 2008 at 8:13 PM
    • jtnhogs's Profile Photo

Latest bus from PN to Torres del Paine

by jtnhogs Online Now Jan 28, 2006 at 3:55 PM

Can someone please tell me the latest bus that departs Puerto Natales going to Torres del Paine? My wife and I are arriving from El Calafate and hope to continue onward to Torres del Paine on the same day.

I expect we'll be in Puerto Natales by 1300 or so. Is there a bus that will depart for Torres del Paine later than 1300?

4 Answers Feb 19, 2006 at 12:40 PM
    • Buses from Torres del Paine

by tallulah_b Online Now Nov 4, 2005 at 7:11 AM

What time are the buses from Torres del Paine to Puerto Natales?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Nov 7, 2005 at 10:10 AM
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

reservation or not .....???

by vtveen Online Now Oct 21, 2005 at 8:06 AM

We are planning a visit to Puerto Natales early December this year.
      We wonder if it is necessary to make reservations for day trips to Torres del Paine as well as the boat trip to the Balmaceda and Serrano Glaciers. Or can we just wait till we arrive in Puerto Natales (one day before we intend to do the first trip).
      Thanks
      Jaap

1 Answer Nov 7, 2005 at 10:14 AM
    • Boat to Torres del Paine

by BillTong Online Now Aug 19, 2005 at 12:32 PM

I have heard that there is a boat going from Puerto Natales to Torres del Paine (and vice versa). Can anyone give me details about this and the cost?

1 Answer Aug 22, 2005 at 1:06 AM
    • 007phil's Profile Photo

Weather in May

by 007phil Online Now May 6, 2005 at 2:44 AM

Hi
      My partner and I (from NZ living in London) are planning to travel to chile and to the Puerto Natales area, and hope to include some trekking. Our problem is that we can't get there untill about May 15 is it getting a bit cold for walking at that time. I have done a reasonable amount of mountian climbing etc so i don't see safty etc as a problem I am just worried if my girlfriend will still enjoy it?

1 Answer May 8, 2005 at 10:41 AM
    • Torres Del Paine, Lake Region

by zombies Online Now Mar 11, 2005 at 12:14 PM

Can someone please suggest the best itinerary based from Puerto Montt (I'll be flying into Puerto Montt from Santiago) and involving any combination of day
      trips (boat, car, bus) to puerto varas, osorno,
      petrohue, chiloe, puella through the lagos (I can't go to Bariloche,
      because I don't have an argentine visa; unless I can get an argentine visa at
      the border).

I have around 3-4 days to spend around Puerto Montt, after which I
      want to fly to Punta Arenas (don't want to risk taking the Navimag,
      because it looks like the weather is dicy) and visit the Torres Del
      Paine for another 4-5 days (Is it possible to include trips to the bernardo and
      serrano, and the isla magalleno?). I'll be flying back to Santiago
      from Punta Arenas. I can rent a car or so, can spend around3000 for 2 people excluding flights (the lesser the better :)

Thanks very much for your help.

Cheers 'n Regards,
      Ganesh.

7 Answers Mar 20, 2005 at 12:40 PM
    • Hosteria Lago Tyndall near Torres del Paine any comments and suggestions?

by flifish Online Now Feb 20, 2005 at 4:19 PM

I'm making my fourth trip to Chile and finally getting around to Torre del Paine. Having trouble figuring out where to stay near the Park. I'll be there in winter so any trekking i do will be VERY short. Maybe to the vehicle and back again. LOL. They offer what seems to be a good winter package. Transportation to and from the lodge, meals, and tours of the area. Has anyone stayed there?

2 Answers Apr 22, 2005 at 5:48 PM
    • brendazart's Profile Photo

torres del paine -- March & weather site on web???

by brendazart Online Now Jan 31, 2005 at 3:36 PM

Hi, Can anyone tell me of a weather site for Torres del Paine? We are going in March, and I cannot find a weather site for this area on the web. Also, has anyone stayed at the Explora Hotel? How well does a person have to ride to do the horseback tours? Any info you have about the tours and what you experienced there would be GREATLY appreciated! I can walk for miles, but I am not a climber or a trekker. Thank you.

4 Answers Feb 8, 2005 at 8:19 AM
    • Marie-France's Profile Photo

Doing the "W" in Torres del Paine - do I need to book anything in advance?

by Marie-France Online Now Jan 16, 2005 at 8:51 PM

I'll be in Puerto Natales in early March and am hoping to hike the "W". I'll be travelling alone, but of course don't want to be hiking by myself. My question is: can I just arrive in Puerto Natales at that time of year, and book an organized trek (with a small group) that leaves within a couple of days? Or should I do this in advance? If the latter, what company do you recommend I e-mail? Thanks!