Puerto Montt Travel Answers

change location

Combined boat & bus trip to Bariloche/ARG

by hebel94 Online Now Jan 10, 2005 at 4:49 AM

Hello all, I am investigating the possibilities of getting from Puerto Montt to Bariloche via the combined boat & bus trip. Could someone help me out with my questions? - Is it possible to do the trip individually or is taking a travel agency mandatory? - What did you pay for your trip? - Is it advisable to book in advance? Cheers, Axel

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • nefi's Profile Photo

Re: Combined boat & bus trip to Bariloche/ARG

by nefi Online Now Jan 10, 2005 at 7:19 AM

Hello Alex. This Nestor from B.A. I ran like a travel agent in the city. You mean the “ Cruce the Lagos” from Puerto Montt to Bariloche. The price is USD 140 per person and the departure are everyday (full day trip) Check more information at the web www.crucedelagos.cl Yes, for this season is good if you take the reservation in advance.. Other way could be if you take a Bus from Puerto Mont to Bariloche )ANDESMAR or VIA BARILOCHE) but the Bus is going via Ozorno and Villa La Angostura (the cost is about USD 20 per person, one way OK do not hesitate to write if you have any question Chauuu Nestor

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • 1elhuaipe's Profile Photo

Re: Combined boat & bus trip to Bariloche/ARG

by 1elhuaipe Online Now Jan 27, 2005 at 12:45 PM

The agency that operates the combined bus/boat trip is called Andina del Sud, and at least from Chile is the only place you can book. I run a hostel in Puerto Montt and work with them, and they charge U$D 160 no matter if you book it directly at their desk or from an agency, either big or small. It is advisable to book in advance, but you can still do the payment in Puerto Montt one day before the trip. If you need someone to book the trip for you, just e- mail me and I will do the arrangements. My e-mail: angelmoheights@tie.cl Like the guy from Argentina said, there are also buses running back and forth with 3 companies: Via Bariloche, Andesmar and Cruz del Sur, all of them charging about U$D 20. Further questions, just ask! Paulina. http://www.angelmoheights.tie.cl

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines