Puerto Maldonado Travel Answers

change location
zizland's Profile Photo

Finding a good local tourist agent

by zizland Online Now Mar 15, 2007 at 8:57 AM

Hello --

I'm planning a visit to the rainforest and wanted suggestions for a good local tourist agent to buy a trip from. I'd prefer to spend my money locally versus to an international agency.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

a.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • RBCal's Profile Photo

RE: Finding a good local tourist agent

by RBCal Online Now Mar 15, 2007 at 1:53 PM

I used Lima Tours. They are based in Lima not Puerto Maldonado but I thought they were very good.

www.limatours.com.pe

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • wirakocha's Profile Photo

Re: Finding a good local tourist agent

by wirakocha Online Now Apr 23, 2007 at 6:21 AM

HI MY NAME IS LUIS LOPEZ AND I LIVE IN NEW YORK, BUT I HAVE A TRAVEL PACKAGES FOR PERU ALL DESTINATIONS, AND I HAVE AN APARTAMENT FOR RENT IN LIMA FOR DIAS O WEEKS, WITH ALL COMODITIES.
    IF YOU WANT I CAN HELP YOU TO PLAN YUR TRIP I NEED TO KNOW THE DATES AND THE PLACES YOU WANT TO VISIT SINCERILY. LUIS

• cosmopolit's Profile Photo

Re: Finding a good local tourist agent

by cosmopolit Online Now May 23, 2007 at 10:59 AM

Hi there,
    I've been to Corto Maltes for 3 times, they have a place in Puerto Maldonado and 30 min. down the river there are wonderful bungalows in the amazonjungle.
    check this out
    http://www.cortomaltes-amazonia.com

Rgds
    Arthur

• Re: Finding a good local tourist agent

by kira11 Online Now Feb 7, 2008 at 5:49 AM

Hi,

3 years ago, I went to the rainforest in the Tambopata region with a company called "Rainforest Expeditions" www.perunature.com

The profit of 2 of their lodges goes to the local community and they train people from this local community to work as guides. In a few years the lodges will be run by the community people themselves.

The tour was excellent, we saw many animals and birds and got to know much about the rainforest thanks to very good guides.The food in the lodges was delicious. I can really recommend Rainforest expeditions.

Best regards,
    Kiki

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Puerto Maldonado