change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• laurennnnnnnnnnnn's Profile Photo

Iguazu Falls

Puerto Iguazú 3 hours ago

Does anybody know how I would get from Puerto Iguazu to Iguazu Falls (Argentinian side), and also the next day I will be visiting the Brazilian side, where would the best place be to visit next in Brazil? I am planning to travel through all of Brazil so preferably somewhere close to Iguazu Falls to start off with, also would you recommend visiting other places around here such as Chile, Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia, etc. Thank you!

more
    • Skiing in September. Mendoza or Bariloche

Argentina Apr 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I am planning a ski trip in September around Mendoza and/or Bariloche, but I am not sure how the snow condition and the weather there is. Will ski resort already close in the mid-September? How about the backcountry skiing in September? Hope there is someone could give me some suggestions.
      Thanks in advance!!
      zugi

more
    • Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

North Argentina

Argentina Apr 1, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I'm planning a three weeks journey to north Argentina from the end of July and beginning of August.

I'd like to visit Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Iguazou and Alta. In Iguazou I'd like to visit also the Jesuit Mission in Argentina, Brasil and Paraguay.

Any suggestions how long to stay in each place? Is it safe to travel alone renting a car?
      Any information/suggestion is welcome.

Thanks!

more
    • Cicerones de Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Yesterday

Does somebody know about Cicerones de Buenos Aires? I heard they give free walking tours

more
    • Car Rental

El Calafate Mar 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Has anyone tried ON Car Rental for a 4X4?

more
    • laurennnnnnnnnnnn's Profile Photo

buses in buenos aires

Buenos Aires Yesterday

Does anybody know how and where can you get a luxury coach for travelling from a hotel near Ministro Pistarini International Airport to Iguazu falls? Thanks.

more
    • Punta Tambo

by AlRosenbloom Online Now Jan 26, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Is Punta Tambo doable for a person in a wheelchair? I see that there are gravel paths and not sure whether this is loose gravel (hard in a wheelchair) or whether the gravel is tighter. Thoughts? Thanks.

3 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 9:25 PM
    • Peninsula Valdes

by flyaway66 Online Now Nov 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM

What is the best way to get from EZE to Puerto Madryn. How many days would you recommend staying to see the peninsula. Where should we be on Christmas? Thank you.

3 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    • clothing and shoes needed for visit in November

by barcoty58 Online Now Sep 3, 2011 at 6:39 PM

What kind of clothing and especially shoes do I need to a visit to Puerto Madryn to see the penguins and for a whaling adventure?

2 Answers Sep 4, 2011 at 2:42 AM
    • Punta Tombo Admission Fees

by onthegogal Online Now Dec 3, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Does anyone know if they accept US dollars or credit cards?

7 Answers Dec 4, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    • Car Rental to Punta Tombo

by onthegogal Online Now Nov 28, 2010 at 7:31 AM

Hi,

There are 5 of us wanting to pre-arrange for a rental car (no guide) to go to Punta Tombo in January. We'll be docked from 7 am to 6 pm on Thursday, January 6, 2011. Any idea of the cost? Recommendations or suggestions for a company near the pier would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

2 Answers Nov 30, 2010 at 10:34 AM
    • Penguins, Whales, Glaciers, Torres del Paine

by birdlover_wi Online Now May 16, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Hi there!

We want to hit all the abouve things and was looking for some advice on reputable tours. What is our best approach for seeing all of them while we are there? We will be going in November for about 10 days. We saw this tour from "Planet Earth, the way it used to be" which sounded perfect....anyone used them before?

travel.patagonia-argentina.c...

1 Answer May 17, 2010 at 5:02 AM
    • oromer's Profile Photo

What to see at Peninsula Valdez in March

by oromer Online Now Nov 28, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Im going to Argentina in March, and I Will like to visit Puerto Madryn and arounds to watch the wild-life.
      I know its not the best time for whales, but does anyone know what kinds of wild-life can I see at that time?

thanks

2 Answers Nov 28, 2009 at 4:43 AM
    • Tel50's Profile Photo

The Welsh in Patagonia

by Tel50 Online Now Nov 1, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Hi, we are visiting Puerto Madryn on a cruise ship in January. Being Welsh the only places we want to visit are Gaiman or Trelew. There is an excursion from the ship but it visits penguins as well and we just want to go to visit the Welsh. Any suggestions as to how we get there? Thanks

5 Answers Nov 5, 2009 at 8:20 AM
    • bpwarne's Profile Photo

Driver/guide needed for Puerto Madryn tour

by bpwarne Online Now Mar 3, 2009 at 7:57 PM

We are looking for a driver/guide for a day tour of Puerto Madryn and the surrounding area. We would probably like to go to Punta Tombo to see the penguins and possibly Gaiman, the Welsh colony. We will be either two people or a group of 6-8. If you can recommend one, please help. I know you can rent a car and drive there yourself but we arrive on a cruise ship and do not have time to go to the airport to pick one up and drop it off. There does not appear to be a pickup dropoff rental spot in the town of Puerto Madryn itself.
      Thanks in advance,
      Bob & Patty

3 Answers Mar 5, 2009 at 1:00 AM
    • what to do in Puerto Madryn

by bean4bean4 Online Now Jan 19, 2009 at 10:56 AM

I'll be on a cruise and for about 8 hours in P.M.

I was told the city as such has not much to offer. Is it worth visiting the city?

what temperature should I expect on February 10th?

Is it possible to see penguins in Peninsula valdes?

I want to see penguins and other animals. What would you suggest between :
      -punta loma and tea in Gaiman
      - punta tombo and
      - peninsula valdes

thanks

2 Answers Jan 24, 2009 at 3:56 AM
    • peninsula valdes- punta lombo

by bean4bean4 Online Now Jan 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Can anyone help me with this one. Is punta lombo natural reserve a part of peninsula valdes? If not, which one is the most interesting?

Also, I know it may be difficult to answer but I'll also visit Punta Arenas in Chile a few days before going to Puerto madryn. In Punta Arenas I can visit the Magdalena Island or the Otway bay to see penguins. As I don't want to see the same thing twice, which one would you recommend between Magdalena Island, Otway bay, lombo natural reserve or peninsula valdes??

thanks

3 Answers Feb 22, 2009 at 11:58 AM
    • Car parking in Puerto Madryn

by mouthfromthesouth Online Now Jun 12, 2008 at 10:12 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to rent a car to go to Peninsula Valdes. On my last day before heading out to BA by bus, I will be in Puerto Madryn. What are the parking restrictions like there?

3 Answers Jun 17, 2008 at 9:49 AM
    • Travelling to Peninsula Valdes

by mouthfromthesouth Online Now Apr 17, 2008 at 4:58 AM

Hi all,

Planning to drive around Peninsula Valdes from Puerto Madryn. How much time do I need to see the whole area and do you recommend a 4WD to drive on the gravel roads there? Also, can you tell me which rental firms are best to hire cars from?

Many thanks

3 Answers Apr 19, 2008 at 10:48 AM
    • Peninsula Valdes tours or tour guides

by dorhon Online Now Nov 6, 2007 at 10:39 AM

Four of us will be in Puerto Madryn Feb. 13. We'd like to see as much of the Peninsula Valdes as possible on that day, including Punto Norte and the penguins at Estancia San Lorenzo. Does anyone know of a tour company or a person who might offer tours to that area? We've found day tours, but none go to the destinations we mentioned. The guide books are confusing.
      Thanks.

7 Answers Jan 13, 2009 at 3:47 PM
    • SteveDarden's Profile Photo

Puerto Madryn hotel recommendation

by SteveDarden Online Now Nov 4, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Perhaps my research is poorly done, but it seems that good quality + value hotels are hard to find in the Peninsula Valdes area. Any advice on favorite hotels in roughly the US$ 100-150 range for a week mid-November would be appreciated.

The Hotel Territorio looks superb at250/night!! I tried Dilos for a resv at Bahia Nueva, but the reply was negative.

5 Answers Nov 8, 2007 at 3:31 PM
    • raandaka's Profile Photo

Punta Tombo and Reserva Natural Cabo Dos bahias

by raandaka Online Now Sep 18, 2007 at 3:58 AM

We're planning to visit Punta Tombo in late November(with a hire car). I'm looking for information / advice re whether it is possible / would be realistic / or indeed whether worthwhile to continue from Punta Tombo down to the Reserva Natural Cabo Dos Bahias (some 35kms south east of Camarones) and get back to the Trelew / Welsh villages area in a day trip, (I realise it would be a long day), or whether it would be better to stay overnight in Camarones?

Also, is Reserva Natural Cabo Dos Bahias recommended in terms of offering experiences over / above / different to that on Valdes and Punta Tombo?

Many Thanks!

• carloarg02's Profile Photo

Punta Tombo?

by carloarg02 Online Now Aug 20, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Hello,

We're renting a car in Trelew and would like to drive up to Punta Tombo.

I know it's a gravel road - how much time should we budget to drive from Trelew to Punta Tombo?

We're a couple of photographers so we were hoping to watch either the sunrise or the sunset with the penguins. With the car we'll have that flexibility but...

Are there any restrictions on entry time? It is a park where you're kicked off at a certain time, or you can come and stay at whatever time you want?

Also what's the closest area that would have a hotel? Looks like Rawson would be the closest area where we can spend the night after watching the sunset with the penguins?

Thanks!!!

Carlos

6 Answers Oct 12, 2009 at 3:42 AM
    • Travel from Puerto Madryn to Bariloche

by Chloe1984 Online Now May 29, 2007 at 4:53 AM

We are travelling around S.America in June for one month, and need to know how best to travel from Puerto Madryn to Bariloche, in order to then go on and do the Cruce de Lagos. Is there a direct bus or do we have to change along the way? How long will this take, and are there any places worth seeing on the route? Approximate costings would be helpful too! Thank you :-)

2 Answers May 29, 2007 at 10:11 AM
    • How best to get to Punta Arenas

by dgonttheroad Online Now Oct 24, 2006 at 9:49 AM

Hi
      Wondered if anyone know if there is any way to book a bus ticket from Puerto Madryn through to Punta Arenas in Chile? I realise I'll need to change in Rio Gallegos but hoped that there may be a company that does the whole route with a connection in Rio Gallegos. Best I can find at the moment is an overnight Andesmar bus from Puerto Madryn to Rio Gallegos and then busespacheco.com/servicios.h... from Rio Gallegos to Punta Arenas.
      Thanks for any help you can provide.
      GD

1 Answer Oct 24, 2006 at 9:59 AM
    • Weather in Puerto Madryn, Argentina

by mrm15 Online Now Oct 4, 2006 at 8:47 AM

Can anyone give me general temps(F) for Puerto Madryn, Argentina in mid-october?

1 Answer Oct 5, 2006 at 1:46 PM
    • Alternative day tours to the penguin colony at Punta Tombo?

by E.C. Online Now Jan 4, 2006 at 3:27 PM

Hi,
      During my cruise we'll stop at Puerto Madryn, and my available time is 6:30AM to 4:30PM. I'm looking for day tours to Punta Tombo cheaper than the cruise option. Have you hear about some tours like this?

Thanks!

4 Answers Jan 12, 2006 at 6:29 PM
    • Puerto Madryn to Bariloche by bus

by dartravels Online Now Oct 18, 2005 at 5:55 PM

Hello,

We are traveling to Argentina in December/January. Most of our travel will be by bus.

We are flying to PM and would like to head to Bariloche from there. Does anyone know a bus company that has an overnight bus for this route? Preferably one with a website...

Thanks.

5 Answers Oct 20, 2005 at 7:40 AM
    • pucela777's Profile Photo

whales in December?

by pucela777 Online Now Sep 14, 2005 at 12:46 AM

Hi,

We will be in Argentina the last two weeks of December, and I am not sure if it is worth travelling to P. Valdes or we should concentrate on other destinations such as Bariloche, or Ushuaia (apart from the "not to be missed" Iguazu, P.Moreno and Buenos Aires). Any advice?

One of the main issues is whether or not there will be whales to be seen by that time. Guidebooks say they are there till December, but I would like to know first hand if it is possible to see them so late in the season.

Thank you,

Miguel

5 Answers Sep 14, 2005 at 2:15 PM
    • intramax's Profile Photo

the best month to go

by intramax Online Now Jul 21, 2005 at 9:39 PM

Hi there, I'm staying in B.A. for some time, but i would like to visit the Peninsula... i can choose between going in august september or early oktober, which month is the best for seeing wildlife??

thanks a lot, mark

4 Answers Jul 25, 2005 at 4:22 PM
    • visiting pto madryn

by maishai Online Now Mar 13, 2005 at 11:11 PM

I'm planning a family trip (2 adults + 2 children 10&14 years old) in july 2005 need tips for a 18 days trip points of interest: pto madryn-bariloche-calafate-ushuaia-.
      1.Is it posible to find places to sleep without reservation in advance?
      2.what are the best transportation methods for my trip?
      3.how much time is reasonable for each place ?
      thnks

6 Answers Mar 15, 2005 at 1:09 PM
    • MariusG's Profile Photo

tour of Peninsula Valdez

by MariusG Online Now Sep 8, 2004 at 2:57 AM

Greetings, We plan a tour of Peninsula Valdez for a couple of days in November - staying at Puerto Madryn and visiting the various animal reserves. I would appreciate some advise of the following questions are: (1) is this a good time for such tour, (2) can we find in Puerto Madryn local travel agents for it or we should arrange it in advance, say in Bariloche, or perhaps the best idea would be of renting a car and driving around (3) what are the recommended ways of arriving there from Bariloche – bus (how many hours and how frequent) or, again, renting a car. Thank you, Marius

10 Answers Jan 27, 2006 at 1:30 AM
    • Has anyone taken a day tour to the penguin colony at Punta Tombo?

by travelinggrandma Online Now Jan 2, 2004 at 9:32 PM

My husband and I, both seniors, will have a day in Puerto Madryn while on a cruise. We are currently signed up to take an excursion to the penguin colony at Punta Tombo. We have read great things about it, but it involves a 2 1/2-hr. bus trip in each direction -- on mostly gravel roads. Has anyone done this? Would the ride be too uncomfortable for 70-year-old bones? Did you think it was worth the trip? If we decide not to go see the penguins, is there anything to see in Puerto Madryn?

2 Answers Jan 3, 2004 at 4:18 PM