Puerto Madryn Travel Answers

change location
bpwarne's Profile Photo

Driver/guide needed for Puerto Madryn tour

by bpwarne Online Now Mar 3, 2009 at 7:57 PM

We are looking for a driver/guide for a day tour of Puerto Madryn and the surrounding area. We would probably like to go to Punta Tombo to see the penguins and possibly Gaiman, the Welsh colony. We will be either two people or a group of 6-8. If you can recommend one, please help. I know you can rent a car and drive there yourself but we arrive on a cruise ship and do not have time to go to the airport to pick one up and drop it off. There does not appear to be a pickup dropoff rental spot in the town of Puerto Madryn itself.
Thanks in advance,
Bob & Patty

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • cgf's Profile Photo

Re: Driver/guide needed for Puerto Madryn tour

by cgf Online Now Mar 4, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Usually PuntaTombo is done as a day tour but not a lot of time would be left to something else. I beleive the road is paved nowdays, when i did it was not.
    you should look for an incoming tour operator, I remember surturismo surturismo.com/home.asp?MRC=...
    ask them, they will pick up you and take you in guided tour where you want to go.

p.s. I wrote surturismo but is not the only one.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bpwarne's Profile Photo

by bpwarne Online Now Mar 4, 2009 at 12:34 PM

The surtismo page appears to only be fortravel agents. While you can peruse various itineraries, you cannot purchase.

• cgf's Profile Photo

by cgf Online Now Mar 5, 2009 at 1:00 AM

surturismo is an incoming travel agent and they might organize "tailor made" any tour, try to write them. Of course they have whole tour, but a whole tour is also made by many little local tour. :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines