Travel Answers
Puerto Limón

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is cliff jumping at the Nauyaca Waterfalls possible in January?

Costa Rica Dec 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Traveling to Costa Rica at the end of January. My itenarary includes a trip to the Nauyaca Waterfalls. There is a place there to make a 75ft jump into the water at the base of the falls. During the time of the year when I will be there (dry season?) will there be enough water to do the jumps at the falls?
      Thanks, Brian

more
    • Is cliff jumping at the Nauyaca Waterfalls possible in January?

Costa Rica Dec 14, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Traveling to Costa Rica at the end of January. My itenarary includes a trip to the Nauyaca Waterfalls. There is a place there to make a 75ft jump into the water at the base of the falls. During the time of the year when I will be there (dry season?) will there be enough water to do the jumps at the falls?
      Thanks, Brian

more
    • wiz1's Profile Photo

transportation

Costa Rica Dec 20, 2014 at 5:18 AM

does anyone have information on car rentals at the airport and other locations around jaco. how much should it be? where is the best place to rent a car. also is there scooter rentals anywhere.

more
    • Transportation from Juan Santanaria International to Lafortuna

San José Dec 15, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I wondering what is the best way to go La Fortuna from the airport. My flight arrived at 3:45pm.

Marina

more
    • wiz1's Profile Photo

what type of money is used

Costa Rica Dec 7, 2014 at 9:05 AM

what form of currency is accepted in costa rica

more
    • simiritch's Profile Photo

Driving in Costa Rica

Costa Rica Nov 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM

Hola!
      Ok, we are about to leave for San Jose, then Quepos, with a couple day stop in Cartago for work first. I am braving it by renting a car out of the airport. Two questions please:
      1. For some reason I am kinda nervous about driving in and around San Jose. I speak a bit of Spanish and normally I am an excellent driver (live in LA and have driven in many places). Are there any different rules or customs that will get me in trouble? Should I take this more seriously than just going for it?

2. My first leg will be driving from the main airport and then down towards Cartago. I see what looks easy in taking Highway 1 to Highway 39 to Highway 2. But I am looking at Google earth and see they have many alternate names. My question is if they post the highway names very well, or should I write down and look for every one of these Calles y Avenidas?

Should I just take a taxi! Or should I just not worry, It mostly makes sense????

Thanks ahead for any advise.
      Rich.

more
    • orokooyaro's Profile Photo

Costa Rica

Costa Rica Dec 16, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Anyone been to Costa Rica lately? Tips on road travel please.

more
    • Suzanne123's Profile Photo

Anyone in the area?

by Suzanne123 Online Now Nov 19, 2004 at 9:45 PM

Just passing along some information from a Red Coss website. There has been a higher than usual rain fall during this rainy season. Last week there was some flooding in the area. Use caution for travel to the area. I don't know how much rainfall is usual or if bridges are down often in the months from May to November, but there are some down now.

12 Answers Nov 24, 2004 at 2:12 PM
    • Aerial Tram & Transportation

by Pedzi Online Now Jan 18, 2004 at 8:52 AM

We will be in Costa Rica for one day only via a cruise ship. We are interested in taking the Aerial Tram tour but don't want to pay ship prices. Does anyone have a suggestion? Are there tour vans available at port of Puerto Limon to take this tour? How much do they cost in taking a tour this way (if available)? Is this the best tour to take for a one day only excursion in Puerto Limon? Also, where and what is the best shopping for this area?

1 Answer Dec 23, 2005 at 11:37 AM
    • Shore Excursions From Puerto Limon

by Joanandjoe Online Now Oct 22, 2003 at 12:38 PM

I will be visiting Puerto Limon from a cruise ship in November. None of the ship's excursions sounds good, and the town apparently isn't a good bet for people who don't speak Spanish. Some people have suggested that we go to a "red tent" near the dock and hire a driver. Does anyone have suggestions about what to do in or from Puerto Limon?

9 Answers Jun 13, 2004 at 7:13 PM
    • december-january?

by lillis Online Now Jun 21, 2003 at 5:09 AM

We are going to C:R. in dec-jan. for the first time. We were thinkng of the 1:st week in Puerto Viejo and the rest of the time on the pacific sida (Manuel Antonio is one place so far). But- now comes my queston: Is it really raining a lot in dec. in P.V. area so it is not worth going there, because my family looooves to snorkel, and when it rains a lot is is hard to see the beautiful underwater world. Please- help me, I would appreciate that so much! Lilian from Sweden

5 Answers Nov 15, 2003 at 10:19 AM