Puerto Limón Travel Answers

change location
Suzanne123's Profile Photo

Anyone in the area?

by Suzanne123 Online Now Nov 19, 2004 at 9:45 PM

Just passing along some information from a Red Coss website. There has been a higher than usual rain fall during this rainy season. Last week there was some flooding in the area. Use caution for travel to the area. I don't know how much rainfall is usual or if bridges are down often in the months from May to November, but there are some down now.

Quote & Answer
12 Answers
  • zweiblumen's Profile Photo

Re: Anyone in the area?

by zweiblumen Online Now Nov 20, 2004 at 1:04 PM

There has been a lot of rain indeed, many villages on the caribbean coast were flooded. As if this wasnt enough there was an earthquake this morning, eight people killed in the pacific coast area.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Suzie3's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Anyone in the area?

by Suzie3 Online Now Nov 20, 2004 at 2:07 PM

Not a good time to be traveling sounds like. Last I had heard it was 4-5 people died from heart attacks due to the quake. Thanks for the update. The new bridges to Manuel Antonio were cracked and shook up quite a bit but I hear they are still passable.

by zweiblumen Online Now Nov 21, 2004 at 9:59 AM

The rain has been exceptionally high even for Costa Rica, fortunately there have been several warm fine days and the heavy relentless rain of last week seems to be over. I would be surprised if the OLD bridges into Manuel Antonio survived the quake, consisting as they do (did?!) of rotting planks of wood and rusty girders! I think the worst is over now, the water levels on the rivers has definitely dropped in the last few days and it's certainly safe to travel. Wish I could stay here a few days longer but alas I fly home to the UK tonight.

• Suzie3's Profile Photo

by Suzie3 Online Now Nov 21, 2004 at 10:40 AM

Sorry your trip is over. I always find it hard to say goodbye to CR. The bridges being referred to were actually new ones. I hear they are still passable. Have a safe trip home.

by zweiblumen Online Now Nov 21, 2004 at 10:46 AM

I've had a wonderful fortnight here in Costa Rica, seen so much wildlife, plus the floods, a volcano erupting and an earthquake .. talk about value for money! I'm looking forward to getting my photos printed off, hopefully there should be a lot of good ones of birds, monkeys and a volcano!

• Suzie3's Profile Photo

by Suzie3 Online Now Nov 23, 2004 at 11:47 AM

I hope you got some good ones too! I'll be looking for them.

by zweiblumen Online Now Nov 23, 2004 at 3:12 PM

Took well over 300 photos of which I deleted at least 70 before printing the remainder which was 260. Of the 260 only 106 have passed my strict album standards! I'll be starting my Costa Rica pages when I get over the jet lag!

• Suzie3's Profile Photo

by Suzie3 Online Now Nov 23, 2004 at 10:01 PM

If that red eyed tree frog is an example of the types of pictures you took I can't wait! Our trip down there is in 11 weeks and I am so ready to go.

• Suzie3's Profile Photo

by Suzie3 Online Now Nov 23, 2004 at 10:02 PM

Get some rest. That jet lag can wear you down. Last time I flew to London I put every item I had on to keep warm and slept for 2 days.

by zweiblumen Online Now Nov 24, 2004 at 1:07 PM

Yes the red eyed tree frog is a picture I took at the parque viborana near Turrialba. So he's not really a wild red eyed tree frog he was an actor/model frog who posed to order. Others in our group picked him up and let him climb all over them and it was most amusing when he peed down someones jacket!

• Suzanne123's Profile Photo

by Suzanne123 Online Now Nov 24, 2004 at 2:08 PM

Very funny. I'm thinking of going to Costa Rica in February, and I can't wait. I think I've visited every website there is on Costa Rica!

• Suzanne123's Profile Photo

by Suzanne123 Online Now Nov 24, 2004 at 2:12 PM

Does anyone know why it is impossible for me to send an e-mail to addresses there? I've sent 30 e-mails and all came back to me stating the host was not available.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines