Puerto La Cruz Travel Answers

change location

Ground transportation (bus/shared taxi) from Bolivar Intl. Airport to Puerta La Cruz Dec. 25

by 18daniel18 Online Now Dec 13, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Is there holiday schedule for ground transportation from Caracas to Puerto La Cruz and also does ferry from PLC to Margarita operate on holiday schedule as well? Where is station in Caracas (if not at airport) for ground transportation to PLC?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: Ground transportation (bus/shared taxi) from Bolivar Intl. Airport to Puerta La Cruz Dec. 25

by hossmar Online Now Dec 16, 2008 at 10:51 AM

Hi! There might be but it will be very hard to find a ticket. You must try to check in advance with a private bus line, like Aeroexpresos Ejecutivos or Expresos Occidente. The ferry does operate, but I don't think you'll find a ticket, those tickets are almost always sold by these days. There are not bus terminals at the airport, you must travel to Caracas and then choose a private bus line, or the public "Terminal de Occidente". I think you'll have to take a pirate bus or taxi, but I doubt you can get the ferry.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Ground transportation (bus/shared taxi) from Bolivar Intl. Airport to Puerta La Cruz Dec. 25

by 18daniel18 Online Now Dec 16, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Thanks very much for reply. Does that mean that all tickets for ferry from Puerto La Cruz to Margarita will be sold out and not obtainable next Thursday, or Friday morning? Is there way of ordering in advance by credit card with some local travel agency, since i'm presently in U.S.?

• luis.ydler's Profile Photo

Re: Ground transportation (bus/shared taxi) from Bolivar Intl. Airport to Puerta La Cruz Dec. 25

by luis.ydler Online Now Dec 17, 2008 at 6:59 PM

Transportation services in main cities are usually sold out by Christmas and New Year's eve. You should follow Hossmar's advice and pirate a taxi or bus. Tickets, as far as I am concerned, can be purchased by phone at Conferry's Customer Service: 0501-CONFERRY, local. I don't know if this number might be accessible outside Venezuela. You can try buying or reserving online at: extsw1conf.conferry.com/extr.... Register first, and then follow the whole process. It's in Spanish, so it might be of no help if you do not understand at least basic Spanish.

by hossmar Online Now Dec 19, 2008 at 8:57 AM

Sadly Conferry is well known in Venezuela for providing a bad service. I tried the webpage and currently it's not working. As you are traveling without a car, you might have a chance to find tickets. There's another option, but it's a pretty complicated one. There are small boats leaving from Chacopata to Porlamar. You would have to take a bus to Chacopata from Puerto La Cruz terminal, and in Chacopata you'll take a small boat. The bus might take around 2 hours to get to Chacopata, and the boat takes 40-50 minutes to get to Porlamar. So, it'll be faster than taking the ferry. But be prepared for the boats as they are small and crowded. An advice, try to check with the locals if the boats are operating on the day you are traveling before going to Chacopata.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Puerto La Cruz