Puerto La Cruz Travel Answers

change location
Seradoms's Profile Photo

Local beaches for day trips?

by Seradoms Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I am staying in Lecheria with an expat friend who works days, thus I am on my own for great daytrips! Can someone please recommend beaches to head to, the best way to get there, and the cost? Looking for any of the following: good snorkeling/diving, relaxed younger crowd, nice views!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • cheesecake17's Profile Photo

Re: Local beaches for day trips?

by cheesecake17 Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM

You can go to "el puerto" (which means Puerto la cruz) get to Paseo colon , and right at the end where you see the big blue cross. Head toward the beach and you will see a little office kinda of building .You will see a sign PARQUE NATIONAL MOCHINA...

you can get boats that take people to 3 different island(Puinare, el saco, el faro)..all 3 beaches got shelter /chair for rent and also they sell food.. Hours to leave are usually from 9am -430pm..when you buy the ticket they ask you which time you want to came back...I think it was 2:30 or 4:30(last boat)..

I prefer PUINARE out of the 3...El saco es horrible, a very narrow bay .El faro is not to bad , they got lots of iguanas walking around, they will even come up to you while you eat..:-) talk about close encounter..:-)

Another choice would be EXPLOSUB they leave from the marina near hotel maremare...or el doral beach hotel..I am sure your friend can direct you ...

these beaches do not rent snorkel you should bring your own..

Other beaches are down the coast to Cumana, ARAPITO and PLAYA COLORADA are nice beaches too but you need a car.

another famous beach..would be Los roques...you would have to fly there..

have fun and be safe in my home town.. cheesecake17

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • amal231's Profile Photo

by amal231 Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I have been to Explosub last year, its really a great place to visit.

by cheesecake17 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 12:18 AM

@amal231.....you must mean you USE explosub....because is a company that chatter boat to and from the island around Puerto la Cruz...They are most based in Lecherias nowadays but they used to have an office in the Paseo colon. cheesecake17

• Seradoms's Profile Photo

by Seradoms Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Thanks guys! Another one I was looking at was getting to Arapito (possibly by taxi?) and then taking a boat to La Piscina? What do you think?

by cheesecake17 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM

that is possible but make sure you get a trusting taxi...Another island you may look into which is much near is isla de plata which you can reach by GUANTA its on the same way to arapito...

but honestly due to all the crime going on (day and night) I would reallly recommend you go to any of the beaches of Mochima Park( puinare, el faro, el saco)..thur el paseo colon or lecheria dock..they are a "bit more" realible/responsible..

always keep your valuable safe never leave anything unattended...

cheesecake17

by cheesecake17 Online Now Feb 18, 2013 at 2:51 PM

also..those beaches (mochima park)are very quite during the week but gets very crowded on the weekends, semana santa (easter)is coming up so lots of people (local and out of town folks) flocking the beaches during that time....

cheesecake17

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Puerto La Cruz