Puerto Jiménez

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• best/safest route to drive

by mooziel Online Now Oct 17, 2013 at 5:15 PM

What would be the safest route to drive through central america to end up in Puerto Jimenez, Costa Rica. We want to enter into Mexico from Texas, assuming that would be the shortest/safest route to drive. Any suggestions would be welcome

2 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 7:18 PM
    • Costa rica south pacific hotels.

by carlacarpenter Online Now Sep 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM

planning on Uvita, MataPalo or similar to surf with our beginner teenagers. Any recommendation on great places to stay? Price pretty flexible. Also stay at one place or jump around? Car or plane? We only have 7 days...sadly

3 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 7:39 AM
    • Beginner surfing

by carlacarpenter Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Want to go to the Osa and wondering where is the best place for beginning surfing for our teenagers and great hiking?

5 Answers Sep 16, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    • ErickC's Profile Photo

codigo postal

by ErickC Online Now Jun 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM

cual es el codigo postal para puerto jimenez de costa rica , provincia puntarenas ´

1 Answer Jun 13, 2013 at 5:58 PM
    • Security in PJ

by snatchblock Online Now Aug 16, 2008 at 5:52 AM

Hi, I am sailing from Norway to Australia at the moment, and have to leave my family, and boat somewhere safe for two weeks, can anyone give me an idea if PJ, or indeed anywhere in that area is safe? My children are 11 & 9 yrs old.
      Many thanks for any comments/suggestions.
      Buc B

1 Answer Oct 2, 2008 at 7:10 PM
    • Osa Peninsula advice - Where to go, lodging and adventure tours?

by NYNicki Online Now Mar 24, 2008 at 1:41 PM

Osa Peninsula advice - Where to go, lodging and adventure tours?

Hi all, We are heading to CR end of May and considering Osa as a place to visit for about 4 -5 days. We are looking for adventurous activities, beautiful beaches, an authentic/rustic experience and moderate prices. My questions to you are:
      1 - Which part of Osa (jimenez, drake bay, etc) best accomplishes this? (adventurous activities, beautiful beaches, an authentic/rustic experience and moderate prices)
      2 - Is there any suggested lodging that is moderately priced and lends a clean but nature-oriented experience?
      3 - What are some of the best activities for two highly curious, eco-loving and adventurous people?

Thanks for offering your help!!

3 Answers Mar 27, 2008 at 9:50 PM
    • More PJ Questions

by kbizkits Online Now Dec 28, 2004 at 7:57 AM

I've heard that there are sicknesses transmitted by mosquitos, and that DEET should be applied continuously -- Is that true, and if so, any other precautions need to be taken? What about poisionous insects?

3 Answers Jan 3, 2005 at 4:24 PM
    • Puerto Jimenez Advice

by kbizkits Online Now Dec 27, 2004 at 1:11 PM

Traveling to PJ in a few weeks for a 7 days fishing trip. One of the people in my group of 4 has been there, but I'm looking for advice of my own.. We are staying in a privately owned home.. Looking for advice, tips, etc, what to expect, how to handle situations, how secure is the area to forign travelers, medical/food/water tips, etc... Thanks.

1 Answer Dec 27, 2004 at 6:09 PM