Puerto Iguazú Travel Answers

change location

Advice on travelling to Brazilian side of falls

by karen.millen Online Now Oct 30, 2011 at 3:01 AM

I arrive at IGR (Argentine) at 1500 for a 2 night stay. Departing at 1800 (same airport) on 3rd day. On the last day travelling from Puerto Iguazo will I have time to tour falls from Brazilian side and still have time to get catch plane (not sure how long crossing the border takes and I will have to do that twice). Is there somewhere at IGR to leave luggage so that I can travel lightly for the falls visits.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Advice on travelling to Brazilian side of falls

by newsted1981 Online Now Nov 1, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Hi, in Puerto Iguazu bus station you have buses to the Argentinean every 30 minutes (it takes around 20 to get there) and it's not too expensive. I think you can also reach Brazilean side by bus otherwise by taxi (be ready to bargain).

Have in mind that Brazil has a a recipocity policy therefore if your country asks Brazilian citizens for visa you will have to get one as well (example: USA, Mexico) in Brazilean consulate in Puerto Iguazu. They issue 2 days visa so have that in mind if you are American citizen.

I believe Argentinean side is nicer and you need to give at least 6 hours to it. It's quite easy to visit and there are signs, guides and maps everywhere and even a little train to take you everywhere.
    The Brazilean side you can see in 3-4 hours if you want to have the main views. Personally I wouldn't rush to do both the same day. I'd go early in the morning to Argentinean side the first day and dedicate only morning-midday to Brazil following day.

If you need to produce a Brazilean visa it'd be better for you to go to Brazilean consulate fill papers, pay and pick up your passport later (2 years ago limit time to make document was 10 am).

If you want to see a little bit more there's also some tours for the river and a bird reserve near Puerto Iguazu. In the bus station they will kindly give you any information you want in the tourist office.

Enjoy your trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Advice on travelling to Brazilian side of falls

by karen.millen Online Now Nov 1, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Thank you. That's very helpful. As a UK citizen I don't think I need a visa for Brazil (or Argentina) but I will make sure to check.
    Regards
    K

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines