Travel Answers
Puerto Galera

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• how much budget you need if you are traveling with two kids and an adult?

by santillanajoemarie Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 10:01 PM

how much budget you need if you are traveling with two kids and an adult?

2 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 3:33 AM
    • transportation going to Puerto galera white beach

by gherselgail Online Now Feb 19, 2014 at 9:27 AM

Is there any plane going to puerto galera white beach aside from banca and ferry,and how long is the trip

4 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    • ferry fare

by sheenacamellahilario Online Now Feb 5, 2014 at 9:00 PM

is a 3 year old girl free for the ferry fare batangas to puerto?

2 Answers Feb 6, 2014 at 7:07 AM
    • van transpo

by lalaine_mecha Online Now Jan 15, 2014 at 7:51 PM

how much is the van fare from sm dasm to batangas pier? we are planning to go to PG

1 Answer Jan 16, 2014 at 1:19 AM
    • Online Packages

by qweerrttyuiop Online Now Oct 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Hi, One of my friends from japan is visiting home and we're planning on going to PG on Jan 6th-8th 2013 and we're still students so we're on a really tight budget. I wanna know if this site is legit they have a good deal but idk if its a scam or not. " mygalera.com/promo-weekdays-..., http://www.whitebeachpuertogalera.com/, seajewelonline.com/PromosAnd...;" also if any of you knows any package deal for or less than 3000/person that would be great, and would we be spending less if we dont avail any of the packages and just look for cheaper hotels on the spot?

3 Answers Nov 2, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    • Ferry Travel

by Alerei Online Now Oct 10, 2013 at 9:52 PM

We will be going to PG White beach tomorrow (Oct 12), since there is a typhoon Santi, is it safe to travel from Batangas Pier to PG?

3 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 4:51 AM
    • Wifi service

by Bondipj Online Now Oct 9, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Hi I am thinking of spending a week at Puerto Galera in November and want to work for some of that time. Various hotels say they have wifi access but does anyone know how stable and efficient it is?

Last time I was in the country, 2011, the internet access was a it dodgy.

6 Answers Nov 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    • August trip

by ysmem Online Now Apr 10, 2013 at 5:15 AM

We are planning to visit Coco Beach Resort this end of August as we will be flying to Manila during that time, is it safe to travel during that period considering its weather condition? we opt to travel on a morning trip (less wave)?

3 Answers Apr 16, 2013 at 3:47 PM
    • mjfenwic's Profile Photo

sabang to white beach

by mjfenwic Online Now Mar 16, 2013 at 11:37 PM

how to get from sabang to white beach

1 Answer Mar 17, 2013 at 5:08 AM
    • jwnchu66's Profile Photo

Family Accommodation on White Beach

by jwnchu66 Online Now Aug 30, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Hi VT'ers,
      Been a while since my last post. Another where-to-stay question I'm afraid.

Done my research and have been to PG before. But the situation is a bit different this time. The missus and I are returning to PH in November (16-19th) and would like to treat her family to PG outing.

We are a party of 9 in total (couple plus five adults and 1 child under 5yrs).

I was thinking one room for missus and I, and another for the clan.

The only place on White Beach that comes close on price and location is the DreamWave Hotel. But I have heard of a few bad reviews about bedbugs and other such tales.

We have stayed at Mandelluke Suites next door, but they don't have a room for 5 adults.

Do you have any experience or suggestions for places?

Reasonable standards for rooms and AC. Not budget but also not expensive either as I'll be paying for all.

We also intend to not pre-book but to get to White Beach and then decide. Is this going to be risky since we are going during or start of peak period?

2 Answers Oct 8, 2012 at 11:01 PM
    • galera getaway

by syehpoi03 Online Now Mar 20, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Hi! Me and my boyfriend are planning to go in a 3 days 2 nights vacation in PG on the first week of june. Im trying to find the best resort where we can stay but reading a lot of reviews makes me confuse..can you help we to find a best resort with affordable price? Thanks in advance!

8 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM
    • fridz's Profile Photo

batangas to Dulangan, Puerto Galera

by fridz Online Now Dec 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM

hi there!
      we're going to Dulangan, Puerto Galera and it's our first time going there. My concerns are: ferry ride from batangas to PG, is it going the same destination/pier in PG? where exactly Bgry. Dulangan is located, nearest pier in that area? and much and do we have to buy in advance?

thanks much

3 Answers Dec 24, 2011 at 5:15 AM
    • nice clean beach, not many bystanders, affordable, pet friendly accomodation and transpo, big waves?

by Lil_e Online Now Dec 10, 2011 at 8:11 PM

planning on vacationing for a few days in pg. saw whitesand beach in youtube and didn't find it appealing. looking for nice beach, clean, with restaurants that serve delicious but affordable food; like most, looking for affordable nice accomodation for 5 adults, 2 teens and 1 kid. we can stay in 1 big studio so long as there's ample number of beds. would like a native style cottage. and also would accomodate pets. what beach resort has this description? and of course, how much will we be spending? also anxious about transpo. will the ferries and banca and roro take in pets? how much will we spend if we brought our vehicle. we were told we can leave it in calapan, after roro, but we can take it all the way to the resort, can't we?

oh, and yes, one more very important question needing an answer. are the waves big during this time of the year? dec. 2011? it rains almost everyday in manila and the adults are worried about traveling by sea and concerned that we might not be able to enjoy swimming if the waves are big or if it is "typhoony"

5 Answers Dec 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM
    • nimato's Profile Photo

First Time To PG

by nimato Online Now Nov 5, 2011 at 6:07 AM

Hi VTers!

We're a group of 3 adults planning to visit PG for the first time. We'd like to stay in a peaceful place/beach that is not so far from crazy Sabang. We'd like to do some water activities during the day like snorkelling, island-hopping and probably, just probably, intro diving. Hiking would also be okay. At night we'd like to explore and enjoy Sabang ;). My querries are:

1. Which beach to stay?
      2. Recommended cheap but clean accomodation.
      3. Recommended restos.
      4. Recommended hangout at Sabang.
      5. How/where/how much to arrange hiking, snorkelling, island-hopping, etc.?
      6. Banca options and prices from Batangas to PG?

TIA fellow VTers!

5 Answers Nov 20, 2011 at 8:35 AM
    • Speaker's Profile Photo

Car Ferry

by Speaker Online Now Jun 18, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Hi, Can anyone give me an idea of how much it would cost to take a car (Honda CRV) on the car ferry from Batangas to Muelle Pier and also is it possible to book a place? Thanks for your help.

• Family getaway

by Destiny2009 Online Now Feb 4, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Hi I'm shali and I've never been to puerto galerA. I would like to go there with my family (8adults, 5kids under 6 years old and 1year old) this first week of June. And I really need some help. I don't have too much money but I want to treat my family. Is there any cheap place to stay in white beach. Like for all of us. My budget is 1000-3000 a night for all of us. And hoping for the air-condition if possible. Do u think that's possible? And one more thing. Is the kids 6 years old under has a fare in banca( from batangas pier going to white beach) and how much??

Thank you in advance for the time to read it and for the response.

4 Answers Mar 8, 2011 at 8:56 PM
    • spearfishing in Puerto Galera

by dgeorge1962 Online Now Dec 11, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Hey, Is there any spearfishing trips etc. available out of Puerto? I'm a keen spearo from Australia and thinking about a trip in April. I only use snorkelling equipment and would prefer shallow dives.

1 Answer Dec 11, 2010 at 11:25 PM
    • born_lippy's Profile Photo

Puerto Galera White Beach Help pls, Budget Travel

by born_lippy Online Now Sep 28, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Hi! My agents and I will go to puerto galera this october 16 (pm) until october 18 (lunch) i have questions and i hope you can help me fellow vters

1. Do you have any contact person for van rental from makati to batangas port for 15 pax?

2. Do you know any house/apartment/room for rent for big groups that are not expensive?

3. Travel time of Ferrys

Thank you!
      born_lippy

• kiddoc58's Profile Photo

ANY DIVERS AROUND!?!?!?

by kiddoc58 Online Now Aug 3, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Hi, I'm considering a ten day trip to PI in mid September for diving. I only have OW cert(PADI), and not many dives since being certified two years ago. I was originally thinking of the Visayas, but I really would rather not use my travel time just to get to a more remote locale, (such as Cebu, Bohol or Sipalay, maybe next time), so now I'm thinking of PG which is relatively close to Manila and the airport.

What about PG and the surrounding area? Does anyone have an opinion about diving in the area? I hear that Sabang is good with other spots also nearby.

Any recommendations for diving site, operator/centers, rooms, eats and nightlife would be greatly asppreciated. I'm looking for someplace not too busy. I'm traveling alone and I don't need a 5* resort, clean and cheap would do just fine.

Thanks fellow travellers

5 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 7:16 AM
    • Tamaraw Beach Resort; how to get there?!

by Decathlete Online Now Jun 14, 2010 at 4:05 AM

Hey,
      we are going to stay at Tamaraw Beach Resort in Aninuan for a few days in late June. We'll arrive in Manila and the question is how to get to the resort?
      I guess we'll just take a bus from Manila to Batangas and then hop on one of the ferries to Puerto Galera. Does anyone know if we'll have to take another boat from there to Tamaraw Beach? I tried to get in contact with the people from the resort but I didn't get any reply.

And one question about the weather: I know it's gonna be rainy season and it could be sunny or pouring down the whole day or just anything in between...but what can you "usually" expect? I wouldn't mind a rain shower every day as long as it's not too bad...

Thanks in advance, any advice is welcome!

6 Answers Sep 25, 2010 at 1:02 AM
    • Rainy Or Sunshine still

by rojuvane Online Now May 31, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Hello,
      balak sana naming magpunta this week sa puerto...oks pa ba? nde ba maalon ang dagat at maulan ngayon jan...kasi dito sa manila maulan sa hapon. mga tga puerto galera ano masasabi nyo? may mga kasama kasi kaming kids....thanks all

4 Answers Jun 2, 2010 at 11:18 AM
    • M/V Brian

by vikki23 Online Now Apr 13, 2010 at 8:27 AM

may i know the schedule of M/V Brian? From Batangas Pier to PG. thanks

1 Answer Apr 13, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    • Puerto Galera to Batangas Pier to Laiya

by glennortiz Online Now Apr 3, 2010 at 8:21 AM

hello there, if you would please kindly helped me on how to go to Laiya from Puerto Galera going through Batangas Port? Are there any public transportation in Batangas Port that would bring me directly to Laiya, Batangas? Suggestions please.. thankyou

• April 2, 2010

by forumera Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Will there be a trip on April 2, 2010 from White Beach to Batangas Pier?

• Anti- Malaria tablets

by manfromdelmonte Online Now Feb 15, 2010 at 9:51 AM

I will be coming to the Philippines from the uk in March for one month and will be staying in Puerto Galera, Borocay, Leyte, Bohol and Manila will I need to take anti- malaria tablets?

4 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    • waterbearer214's Profile Photo

Best deal for travelling alone

by waterbearer214 Online Now Feb 6, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Hi guys! I'm planning to spend my birthday (Valentines Day) in Puerto Galera. I am not familiar with the place since I have not been there yet.
      I need to know:

1. How to get there from Manila?

2. what's the best deal (cheapest) accommodation I could get since I am traveling alone. I don't need a fancy one.

3. Is Puerto Galera expensive on Valentines Day?

4. I have no contacts there yet neither do I know any hotel to stay. Is it ok to just go there directly and look for a hotel or do I need to book in advance?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions/help you could extend. I still have 1 week to plan for my getaway.

Thanks and God bless!

1 Answer Feb 8, 2010 at 3:33 AM
    • floresnpj's Profile Photo

RE: Tamarraw beach resort or white beach resort

by floresnpj Online Now Jan 26, 2010 at 10:25 PM

HI everyone. Would like to seek help from eveyone...
      We are 4 in a group, and we're planning to go to Puerto gallera on March 2010.
      My questions are:
      1) which is better tamaraw or white beach?
      2) any contact person we may contact because we plan to get a room or a place that has a kitchen so we can cook our food & were also planning to have a island hopping & visit the tamaraw falls.
      3) we are all beach lovers so i want to inquire also which beach is better & more clean...
      4) if there is a package for a room + island hoping?

also, Kindly email me at npjaramillo@yahoo.com

Many thanks & i will be waiting for your help guys.

6 Answers Jan 27, 2010 at 8:13 PM
    • At Can's Beach Resort

by MikeM2 Online Now Jan 17, 2010 at 3:12 AM

"At Can's Beach Resort" in Sabang

Has anyone stayed at this resort in Sabang and can give a trip report - I like the idea that they have rooms with kitchens - at

1 Answer Jan 20, 2010 at 1:47 AM
    • Sunset at Aninuan Beach Resort

by manfromdelmonte Online Now Jan 10, 2010 at 7:46 AM

I am thinking of staying at Sunset at Aninuan Beach resort, has anyone else stayed there? if so what's it like and how did you book?

4 Answers Jan 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    • Villa Sabang

by MikeM2 Online Now Nov 24, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I have stayed at this resort before but I note from an associated web site that the resort has been sold to new owners.

Unfortunately there was no further information on the new owners or how to make bookings.

Can anyone provide the latest news/information on this resort?

Many thanks