Puerto Galera Travel Answers

change location

questions about sikat bus and ferry

by jade_ryane Online Now Jul 25, 2006 at 4:38 PM

hi! i've read about this sikat bus and ferry

any info on how big the sikat ferry is? (capacity),it's safety?
and where do they land? (muelle,sabang or balatero?)

after the sikat ferry ride,how do i get to whitebeach?
how much would it cost? (both land and sea options.)
how long is the travel time?

does supercat operate in that area? is it much faster than
the others? how much would it cost?

ummm... was the hour long boat trip nauseating for you?

thanks!!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • julia_r's Profile Photo

RE: questions about sikat bus and ferry

by julia_r Online Now Nov 16, 2006 at 1:53 AM

hi

the trip is not nauseating...unless you are really that sensitive, then take bonamine before the ride... the trip at times is less than an hour depending on the currents of the sea, we suggest you ride the boat in the morning because its more wavy in when it gets late.

im not quite sure of the boats coz when i went there i landed in bastangas where we road small boats with a capacity of 30 pax (maximum) @ (Php150/head) which brings us to the directly to the beaches. however on our way back to manila, there was a storm in and the small boats do not travel anymore, they said they are having difficulties reaching the shore line so we hired a jeepney that brougth us to a port in oriental mindoro (galera is a part of mindoro)where bigger boats travel, it doesnt look like a beach, its just a port. the names, gosh i dont remember anymore. its an hour of land travel. its also good coz we were able to see the falls...and the city of the place.

just to give you some ideas,hope it helped.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • stuart308's Profile Photo

RE: questions about sikat bus and ferry

by stuart308 Online Now Mar 5, 2007 at 6:35 PM

Hi,
    I've used Sikat quite a bit.
    When I first used it there was a specific boat which seemed to be owned by the company that owned the bus. This was a modern cabin type vessel which berthed in Puert Galera. However the last couple of times I've been, the passengers from the Sikat bus are loaded on board a boat for which ever destination you want, eg Puert Galera or Sabang. The one going to Sabang was the more traditional large outrigger boat.
    Both boats seemed to be about the same speed.

• Re: questions about sikat bus and ferry

by puertogalera Online Now Nov 20, 2008 at 2:37 AM

Sikat ferry is a package trip to Manila Puerto Galera Manila, but you can travel all the way from manila to Puerto Galera via Batangas Pier, You can take bus from Buendia LRT Bus Station to BAtangas City Pier then from BAtangas City Pier OUtriger Boat travel every 30 minutes in the morning and the last trip is at 4:30PM. Puerto Galera has 4 points of entry White Beach, Balatero Pier, Muelle Pier and Sabang. There is only on bir Ro-Ro boat that travel to Puerto Galera usually leaves at 12:00 noon and dock at Balatero Pier. and outrigger boats arrives on the other point of entry. Only balatero and Muelle have piers and the rest they land on the beach. For more information visit my site www.puertogalera.net.ph

Thanks and Have a nice trip

Best regards

Boyet Galang

• Re: questions about sikat bus and ferry

by puertogalera Online Now Nov 20, 2008 at 2:37 AM

Sikat ferry is a package trip to Manila Puerto Galera Manila, but you can travel all the way from manila to Puerto Galera via Batangas Pier, You can take bus from Buendia LRT Bus Station to BAtangas City Pier then from BAtangas City Pier OUtriger Boat travel every 30 minutes in the morning and the last trip is at 4:30PM. Puerto Galera has 4 points of entry White Beach, Balatero Pier, Muelle Pier and Sabang. There is only on bir Ro-Ro boat that travel to Puerto Galera usually leaves at 12:00 noon and dock at Balatero Pier. and outrigger boats arrives on the other point of entry. Only balatero and Muelle have piers and the rest they land on the beach. For more information visit my site www.puertogalera.net.ph

Thanks and Have a nice trip

Best regards

Boyet Galang

• MayP's Profile Photo

Re: questions about sikat bus and ferry

by MayP Online Now Jan 6, 2014 at 11:03 PM

It is best to take regular bus going to batangas pier then puerto galera. just came back from puerto galera using si-kat bus and the lady guide is very strange. Her mouth won't stop when angry like a pelengkera. She doesn't know how to work under pressure. She has to show her anger to the passengers. The position she has doesn't fit her because she doesn't have much patience and unfriendly. She doesn't make the passengers comfortable. They should get a better person for the position - better costumer service skills .

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Puerto Galera