Puerto Escondido Travel Answers

change location

Distance between Huatulco and PE

by bthale60 Online Now May 29, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I'm thinking of flying into Huatulco (cheaper and less stops) then driving to P. E. Is it safe? How far is is? How about buses? I have been to Huatulco and love it, but want to go to a small beach town

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo

Re: Distance between Huatulco and PE

by ViajesdelMundo Online Now May 29, 2011 at 6:40 PM

a good bus link is this:

differentworld.com/mexico/bu...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Greggor58's Profile Photo

Re: Distance between Huatulco and PE

by Greggor58 Online Now May 30, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Its been a few years...and looks like the previous poster has given you a link for bus transport..but sure..theres a lot of small town beach destinations along the whole coast there..smaller and more chilled than Escondido...depends what you like though..
    I flew into Acapulco once upon a time and went south from there..through Escondidio and further on to a GREAT little town..San Augustinillo and Mazunte..

Here...this is a handy website for destination information along that Coast..theres lots of good info here..

http://www.tomzap.com/oaxaca.html

Safe ?? You likely just need to be smart about what and how you do things...as is the case EVERYWHERE!!

Have fun if you make it.. :o)

• Re: Distance between Huatulco and PE

by not-a-KNOT Online Now Jun 21, 2011 at 9:49 AM

hi. totally safe. i am living in mazunte practicing yoga there with a small yoga community, agama. mazunte is a small beach town half way between the huatulco and puerto escondido. may even be a better choice than puerto. from hutaulco airport, you either taxi it (i think you can get shared taxis to puerto in the airport) or walk out of the airport and grab a bus or collectivo (shared taxi down)or even private taxi which is cheaper out of the airport (300 to mazunte, 500? to Puerto) without crossing the street. the first town is pochutla from which you can also transfer if you go by bus. for mazunte, that would be where you transfer but for puerto escondido you would pass it. anyway, totally safe and inexpensive ways to do it also and for sure safe. have fun!!!

• Re: Distance between Huatulco and PE

by not-a-KNOT Online Now Jun 21, 2011 at 9:51 AM

about 2 hours, maybe a little less. mazunte or zipolite are other choices which are half way. zipolite being more party like and mazunte being quieter, with things like the turtle museum, agama yoga, la ventanilla (crocodile reserve), etc.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines