Puerto Escondido Travel Answers

change location

Arco Iris Hotel

by DebTim Online Now Jan 17, 2005 at 4:29 PM

Can anyone describe what the rooms look like at Arco Iris? I can't find any pics anywhere. I hear the hotel is great and food is fine, but just wondering about the room and kitchenette. Bright, clean, spacious, comfortable beds.....I know, I know, it's Mexico!!! But any info will be appreciated. Going there in Feb/Mar so am excited! Deb

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • gomexico's Profile Photo

Re: Arco Iris Hotel

by gomexico Online Now Jan 26, 2005 at 8:58 AM

I've stayed in this hotel, several times - but during the past 5 years. However, I continue to hear from friends who stay there that the place is the same as my last visit. The rooms are nice, clean, roomy, etc. I don't know if all rooms have kitchenettes, but the ones I've rented have each had that feature. My beds were always comfortable (seemingly good matresses) and that the rooms are bright - there are large windows - but, I really didn't spend much time indoors during daylight, because there's a fantastic beach at the front door! There's a nice pool, and one of the best restaurants/lounges (open-air) in PE on the upper level - with an awesome view of the ocean and sunset. Most guests are foreigners, and the hotel and the staff tend to give service that international travelers have come to expect. This is definately not Mexican beach hut-type of place. I hope this helps. Enjoy the trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gomexico's Profile Photo

Re: Arco Iris Hotel

by gomexico Online Now Jan 26, 2005 at 9:00 AM

I forgot to add to my comments, above - that there are some photos of the hotel online, but not of any rooms (don't know why). Here is what I've found: puertoescondidoinfo.com/hote... http://www.oaxaca-mio.com/arcoiris.htm Additionally, you'll find lots of reviews of the hotel over at www.tripadvisor.com, just search the hotel name.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines