change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Puerto Colombia

• Snorkelling around Puerto Colombia / Choroni

by vaclavv Online Now Oct 17, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Hi. We plan to spend few days at Puerto Colombia / Choroni near Maracay at the PN Henri Pittier, Venezuela –mostly snorkelling.

1. Could anybody please recommend good snorkelling spots around there which can be reached on foot only (i.e. without a need to hire a boat)? I know there are several beaches reachable on foot, but I cannot find any details about their suitability for snorkelling - there should be the Playa Puerto Escondido, Playa El Baul, Playa Tipire, and Playa El Diario to the west, and the Playa Grande and Playa la Cieneguita to the east of Puerto Colombia.

2. We also consider renting a boat and spent a day on some of the beaches reachable only by rented boat (lanchas). Could anybody please recommend which of the near beaches are the best for snorkelling? Possible candidates seem to be Playa La Calera, Playa Valle Seco, Playa Chuao, Playa Cepe, or Playa de Aroa.

Thanks in advance for help.

4 Answers Jan 28, 2010 at 12:09 AM
    • Marco_Martin's Profile Photo

APARTMENTS IN PUERTO COLOMBIA

by Marco_Martin Online Now Jun 11, 2006 at 11:01 AM

WE'D BEEN FOR TWO TIMES IN PUERTO COLOMBIA, AND WE'VE FALLEN IN LOVE FOR THAT LOVELY PLACE. NEXT TIME WE'D LIKE TO SPEND THREE MONTHS THERE, AND WE'RE SEARCHUNG FOR A HOUSE OR AN APARTMENT TO RENT. IS THERE SOMEONE THAT HAVE INFORMATION? THANKS IN ADVANCE . MARCO. FROM ITALY