Puerto Colombia Travel Answers

change location

Snorkelling around Puerto Colombia / Choroni

by vaclavv Online Now Oct 17, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Hi. We plan to spend few days at Puerto Colombia / Choroni near Maracay at the PN Henri Pittier, Venezuela –mostly snorkelling.

1. Could anybody please recommend good snorkelling spots around there which can be reached on foot only (i.e. without a need to hire a boat)? I know there are several beaches reachable on foot, but I cannot find any details about their suitability for snorkelling - there should be the Playa Puerto Escondido, Playa El Baul, Playa Tipire, and Playa El Diario to the west, and the Playa Grande and Playa la Cieneguita to the east of Puerto Colombia.

2. We also consider renting a boat and spent a day on some of the beaches reachable only by rented boat (lanchas). Could anybody please recommend which of the near beaches are the best for snorkelling? Possible candidates seem to be Playa La Calera, Playa Valle Seco, Playa Chuao, Playa Cepe, or Playa de Aroa.

Thanks in advance for help.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • scubagilve's Profile Photo

Re: Snorkelling around Puerto Colombia / Choroni

by scubagilve Online Now Oct 19, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Hello, I am glad that you avenge to venezuela, choroni is a beautiful people with agreeable people, but the majority of her beaches are of oleje strongly, if you want to practise snorkel to diary in a real paradise at the time you must know the park morrocoy Specially cayo (key) sombrero, boca seca, playa sur. looks at this link of youtube youtube.com/watch?v=qZnvAWhC... Many regards francis

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Snorkelling around Puerto Colombia / Choroni

by vaclavv Online Now Oct 19, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, Venezuela is too much full of very interesting and diverse sites and I just cannot see them all. So I will have to do with Puerto Colombia.

by vaclavv Online Now Jan 27, 2010 at 1:58 AM

Hi. I may be too late to answer this post, but ...

I have been there last December and put on the internet a rather detailed report including information about snorkelling spots - if interested, check it out at my site: vaclav-trips.webs.com/venezu...

Have a good trip.

by vaclavv Online Now Jan 28, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Eh, great - I just now noticed I was answering my own old post.

Well, nothing wrong with the link - just please understand the above reply as an after-trip information for anybody also interested in this topic.

Sorry for the mess.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Puerto Colombia