change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• theyogamama's Profile Photo

MONTEVERDE activies

Monteverde Apr 5, 2015 at 5:18 PM

We will be in the Monteverde area for 2.5 days in May and want to do these activities: zip line/canopy tour, see the cloud forest and walk the hanging bridges. Can that all be done at Selvatora Park or should we do each thing independently at different locations? I don't mind going to three different places to have the best experience. So.... which is the best canopy tour? Which are the best hanging bridges (I am assuming there is more than one place in the area to do this). Is there something else that we should do in this area (no frog or snake tours)? Thanks in advance.

more
    • visit tortuguero in May

Costa Rica Apr 10, 2015 at 10:00 AM

hey is it recommended to visit tortuguero between 26.5.15 - 3.6.15?

more
    • June visit

Costa Rica Mar 25, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Hi I was planning a mid June visit to CR but am concerned about how rainy the period will be ( I know it's the green season). But is it a light afternoon shower daily or steady rain most of the day. ?It's a long way to go with kids for a rainy vacation. We are looking at Santa Teresa area. Thanks

more
    • kbl's Profile Photo

Transport from San Jose airport to northwest

Costa Rica Mar 21, 2015 at 9:43 AM

Hi - I arrive in San Jose, and will have my first night in Coco (on the North West coast). What's the best way to get there? Are there busses, or some kind of a driver-transport that is more or less affordable and reliable?
      Thanks!
      Koen

more
    • best location with kids

Costa Rica Mar 19, 2015 at 8:57 AM

hi, planning a trip for february with two kids aged 8 and 9 and wonder which area to stay in ? Plan to probably fly into san jose due to cost and ease from nyc and wonder where to go from there..we like activities during the day and some nightlife, must have a variety of restaurants and bars and a walkable little town
      thanks
      janine

more
    • Where to book accomodation on our travels?

Costa Rica Apr 3, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Hello i need to know the best sites for booking accommodation.

more
    • Should I go back to see someone I knew for only a week?

Costa Rica Apr 5, 2015 at 7:49 PM

Hi all,

I've been struggling a little (mostly due to family concerns) with a travel decision..

I recently took a trip to Guanacaste, Costa Rica and stayed at a resort where I met a lot of awesome people. One of the people I met was an entertainer and professional dancer that works at the resort and we hit it off instantly. Throughout my stay, we had a lot of time to talk and interact and really liked each other.

Ever since I arrived back in the US, Maine to be exact, we've been in touch daily via messenger and video calls and have grown to like one another even more.. I have a break between school (finishing a degree at 38 years old) and work and decided to book a flight to go down and see him for a week. The other reasons I want to go is to work on my Spanish and to see more of Costa Rica, because I stayed mostly at the resort.

I consider myself a good judge of character and he seems to be a genuinely good person who I feel I can trust. My family feels otherwise.. They think that it is unsafe to go down by myself and to see someone I've known for such a short time. Like I said, I am 38 and also a pretty independent and street smart gal.

Can anyone give me some advice about this? Am I jumping the gun or being naive? I'm aware the belief that some people want to marry US citizens to get into the country to work.. I'm also very confident in my ability to see if that were the primary motive.. I've even rebutted that comment with, what if I wanted to marry into Costa Rica!?

Anyway, I just really loved it there and New England winters/springs are cold and gray and I really do like this person.

What do you guys think? Ps. I'm well-traveled within the US, but this was my first time outside, with the exception of Canada.

Thank you!

more