change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• almanso's Profile Photo

what to do travelling with a 2 year old

Concepción Apr 3, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Hi, I just booked a trip to Concepcion (friday afternoon to sunday afternoon) and i'm travelling with wife and 2 year old son. i've seen that there is a big park with waterfalls within the city, the famous ship Huascar and the university area to visit.
      would you recommend any other place in the city or around that would be worth a visit (with a 2 year old)?
      i can see that the best recommendation to eat is in the marlet or around it.
      any bad areas in concepcion to avoid? any nice areas to book the hotel?
      Thanks!

more
    • Buses from Salta to San Pedro

San Pedro de Atacama Apr 11, 2014 at 9:06 PM

Are there any comfortable air conditioned buses with leg room travelling from Salta to San Pedro? I know there is 1 restroom on the bus, but do they make frequent stops to stretch your legs and stop for a bite to eat and use their restrooms? It looks like it take 12- 14 hours? How much do the buses cost and which one would you recommend? Thanks.

Larra

more
    • storyin's Profile Photo

local jewellery shop, artist?

Punta Arenas Apr 3, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Hola,
      Is there any special, nice local jeweller, jewelry shop in Punta arenas?

Please recommend me, I would like to visit and buy something.

Gracias.

more
    • Trekking the W route in late April

Torres del Paine Apr 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Hi,
      I am a solo traveller looking to trek the W route from 24-28th April and wanted to ask if it is best to book refugios in advance? Many of them seem to have finished for the season (or floes on the 30April) and it's hard to see what I will need to book. Do you think it is possible to book everything in Puerto Natales? Or is it better to book some in advance and risk only a few? I am happy to camp if that is the only option but would prefer a basic bed if possible.

Also this is at the beginning of a three moth trip and I will have a very large travel ruck sack. Is there somewhere where you can store bags before entering the park?

Help and tips much appreciated especially from anyone who has done this trip solo.
      Thanks! Vicky

more
    • resturants

Arica Mar 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM

what are some names of restaurants in Arica Chile?

more
    • Is isla herschel sefty !?

Isla Herschel Apr 15, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Hello everyone :)
      Just I want to ask if its sefty ?
      And is there good places to visit?

Thank you ..

more
    • Zbig58's Profile Photo

Accesibility

Torres del Paine Mar 20, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Hi
      We are going to spend 3-4 Easter days in TDP (18 - 20/21 April). Is it possible to see best places (glacier, Torres etc. ) without long hiking (driving a car), in such short time. We would like to stay in the Puerto Natales, rent a car and jump to the Park every day. Does it make sense?

more
    • Earthquake info

Iquique Apr 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM

M8.0 earthquake- 83km NW of Iquique,
      What is happening there? Are things ok?
      Can info from here in Canada be of any help?

more
    • Self-Drive to Uyuni?

San Pedro de Atacama Mar 30, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hi, my friend and I will be in San Pedro de Atacama for only four days. We would like to make a trip to the Salar de Uyuni and to stay in the Palacio de Sal, but we don't have time to take the usual 3 day tour. We will have a rental car while in Atacama. Is it possible for us to drive ourselves to the Salar de Uyuni from San Pedro or Calama? (Assuming we can sort out the legal details with the rental company.) Meaning can the drive be reasonably done in one day and back the next day? Are the roads relatively passable? If we don't have a satellite phone, are we likely to die a slow and painful death?

more
    • 24 hours in santiago

Santiago Apr 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM

We arrive from Sydney into Santiago for just 24 hours before be catch a connecting flight to Peru. Where is bets to stay that is near the airport but still near the city that we can enjoy and explore for the day ?

Would downtown be a good idea ?

more
    • Mapuche culture

by FabiolaPal Online Now Sep 5, 2013 at 3:14 AM

I'm travelling to Pucon with students and want to arrange visits with Mapuche communities between Oct. 14-18, 2013. Any recommendations for how to do this most welcome.

1 Answer Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • Visiting Pucon in August

by Shevans Online Now Jun 13, 2013 at 9:38 PM

A buddy and myself are planning a guys trip to Santiago in late August. We were thinking of taking an overnight bus ride to Pucon, and to stay there for 3-4 days. Would this be a good time of year for two guy to visit the town who are looking for adventure activities and a good night life? Is white water rafting a possibility or is it too cold? What other types of activities could we do other than skiing?

1 Answer Nov 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • traveling to Pucon on March 27th, 2013 - next week!

by bijou76 Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Hi i will be traveling to Pucon to do rafting, climbing the volcano and the baths and then on to Puerto Montt. Does anyone know what the weather will be like or is right now? Day and night time please. Thank you.

1 Answer Mar 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM
    • Climbing Villarica

by jamielynn13 Online Now Apr 13, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I'm visiting Pucon the last week of April, and I'm wondering what the weather conditions are at this time. I'm especially interested in climbing the volcano, is this feasible to do at this time of year, and for an inexperienced climber?

2 Answers Feb 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    • Traveling to Pucon March 22

by hugg0029 Online Now Feb 15, 2010 at 8:30 AM

My girlfriend and I will be traveling to Pucon from Santiago on March 22. We have a few questions. First, do we need to book a bus ticket in advance from Santiago? Second, we are planning on staying for 8 days, we would like to climb the volcano, hike the national park, and go rafting, what else would you all suggest? Is there anywhere near Pucon that you would suggest visiting also? Thank you for any help.
      Ryan from MN, USA

7 Answers Mar 19, 2010 at 9:10 AM
    • datzmon's Profile Photo

da2002it@yahoo.com

by datzmon Online Now Sep 23, 2009 at 9:58 AM

Hello,
      Transportation from Pucon to Bariloche (Argentina). Is any transportation?
      if yes, please your notes.
      Thank you in advanced
      David

3 Answers Sep 30, 2009 at 12:24 PM
    • Pucon / Lanin / Barioloche info...

by julia_burns Online Now Nov 5, 2008 at 8:03 PM

Hi all...

I am travelling to Patagonia in the end of November / beginning of December... At the end of my trip I wase planning on spending some time in or around Barioloche and Pucon...
      Any info or advice on the following would be fantastic!!...

- sky diving / para gliding... I really want to go sky diving / para gliding during my trip, and have heard that this region is great for it... Could anyone reccomend the best area/town for it, and maybe even a great company to do it with... Obviously I want to confirm safety procedures and good record, but also want to experience the most intense and extreme scenery possible!!

- climbing volcan Lanin... I also want to summit volcan Lanin at the end of my trip...based on what I read in lonely planet "Trekking in Patagonian Andes" the climb takes 2 days and is not tremendously difficult or technical for someone experienced in trekking/climbing and in good shape (both of which I am)...however as I understand it you are required to go up w a guide?? And also I am travelling alone, so I would need to join up w a partner regardless... Has anyone done the trek?? ...anymore information regarding hiring of a guide, reccomedations, and logistics/advice would be super helpful and really appreciated!!

thanks so much!!!

Julia

12 Answers Dec 21, 2008 at 9:52 PM
    • Tour operator recommendations for Pucon/Villarica vulcano

by Jolinia Online Now Jul 23, 2008 at 2:59 AM

Hi all,
      I will be travelling through Chile in November and will be in Pucón for 2 nights and 1 day. I will probably arrive in the evening of day 1, have one full day in Pucon on day 2 and leave in the morning of day 3.
      For the day in Pucon I was thinking of a day trekking tour to Villarica vulcano. I've found several tour operators offering similar tours.

Could you recommend a tour operator you have had good experiences with?

Due to my tight schedule I won't have time to compare tour operators in Pucon, so I'd like to book the tour beforehand. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
      -Jolinia

1 Answer Aug 1, 2008 at 10:49 AM
    • Pucon, Chile to Bariloche, AR

by ihndavid Online Now Apr 16, 2008 at 9:10 AM

Anyone know of ideas how to get from Pucon, Chile to Bariloche? I've heard that you can take a bus to Puerto Madryn, and then to Bariloche, but is there a direct bus that goes from Pucon to Bariloche? Any help would be great!

5 Answers Apr 16, 2008 at 4:24 PM
    • Punta Arenas to Pucon?

by mkarora Online Now Dec 10, 2007 at 1:17 PM

I am trying to travel from Punta Arenas to Puncon on a tight time table and am having difficulty finding flights. Do you recommend flying from Punta Arenas to Puerto Montt, and then driving from Puerto Montt to Puncon? Any other suggestions? Thank you!

1 Answer Dec 29, 2007 at 12:59 PM
    • Eder2006's Profile Photo

Train or Bus ticket

by Eder2006 Online Now Sep 10, 2007 at 12:17 PM

Hi people,
      I"m going to visit Pucon in October 8, From santiago. I tried to buy bus ticket on internet, but for people without credit card by chile isn't possible. So i would find out whether buying ticket, at bus terminal, in the same day isn't difficult. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for any advice.
      Eder

2 Answers Sep 24, 2007 at 11:21 AM
    • Eder2006's Profile Photo

Puerto Montt to Pucon

by Eder2006 Online Now Aug 28, 2007 at 8:20 AM

Hy,
      I'm going to Puerto Montt and i'd like to know Pucon.Are there some public transportation beetwen the cities? How does it take? How much?
      Thank you

2 Answers Aug 30, 2007 at 11:08 AM
    • Termas Huife or Termas San Luis or Termas Panqui

by baberuth Online Now Mar 11, 2006 at 9:28 PM

Hello - looking into Termas Huife, San Luis or Panqui and wondering if anyone has any recommendations on one over another. Termas Huife seems most expensive, is it worth it? Termas Panqui seems very rustic - how funky is it?
      Termas San Luis seems in the middle - any experience with any of them? Thanks - Ruth

1 Answer Mar 12, 2006 at 3:08 AM
    • fossettes's Profile Photo

Drive time / Climate

by fossettes Online Now Mar 2, 2006 at 4:37 AM

Hello Oh-worldly-ones!

Can anybody give me an idea of how long it would take to drive from Valparaiso to Pucón?

Also, we will be visiting in April. What type of weather should I expect in Pucón at that time.

Thanks,

Kelly Anne

1 Answer Mar 2, 2006 at 9:27 AM
    • blissdivine's Profile Photo

Pucon in November

by blissdivine Online Now Aug 30, 2004 at 5:14 PM

Is it worthwhile to visit Pucon in November? How many days would be good here? What is the weather like around this time? If yes, can anyone recommend reasonable hotels? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Answer Sep 6, 2004 at 10:05 PM