Provincie Zuid-Holland

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Bike hire in Leiden

Leiden Apr 10, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Where is the best place to hire bikes,about 8, for 3 days from 20-22 May?

How much and what deposit?

more
    • bus 858 schedule

Keukenhof Apr 14, 2014 at 3:15 AM

When does the last Keukenhof Express 858 bus leave the gardens to go back to the airport?

more
    • Combi Ticket

Keukenhof Mar 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I plan to visit Keukenhof before I go to Bruges, Belgium. I will be landing at AMS and plan to take the Keukenhof Express Bus from Schiphol.

Adults: from Schiphol Airport/Leiden Central station/Haarlem € 23,00

Can I use the Combi Ticket to travel from Schiphol (number 858 bus) and then go to Leiden Central (number 854 bus) instead?

more
    • cost effective transportation from AMS to Keukenhof?

Keukenhof Apr 7, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Hi, I see the cost on viator for the Keukenhof is much more than the price of admission. Is there a more cost effective way to transport from the city of AMS to the flower show? It shows tickets are pretty low (15) but the transportation via viator is around $64.THANKS!

more
    • bus 858 schedule

Keukenhof Apr 14, 2014 at 3:15 AM

When does the last Keukenhof Express 858 bus leave the gardens to go back to the airport?

2 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 8:20 AM
    • Bike hire in Leiden

Leiden Apr 10, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Where is the best place to hire bikes,about 8, for 3 days from 20-22 May?

How much and what deposit?

1 Answer Apr 10, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • cost effective transportation from AMS to Keukenhof?

Keukenhof Apr 7, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Hi, I see the cost on viator for the Keukenhof is much more than the price of admission. Is there a more cost effective way to transport from the city of AMS to the flower show? It shows tickets are pretty low (15) but the transportation via viator is around $64.THANKS!

7 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 4:29 AM
    • Combi Ticket

Keukenhof Mar 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM

I plan to visit Keukenhof before I go to Bruges, Belgium. I will be landing at AMS and plan to take the Keukenhof Express Bus from Schiphol.

Adults: from Schiphol Airport/Leiden Central station/Haarlem € 23,00

Can I use the Combi Ticket to travel from Schiphol (number 858 bus) and then go to Leiden Central (number 854 bus) instead?

1 Answer Mar 25, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • transport in Hague

Scheveningen Mar 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Could you help me and write me dawn how I can get to the easyHotel Den Haag City Center from the rail station in Hague?
      Marieta Marinova

5 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 10:19 AM
    • how to get to Schoonhoven

Schoonhoven Mar 1, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Is there train service to Schoonhoven?

3 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 7:07 AM
    • CarolineL8's Profile Photo

Europoort Tour Boar - need to reserve?

Hoek van Holland Mar 1, 2014 at 8:41 AM

We want to see the Rotterdam port area from the Het Keringhuis information center. Can we just show up at the Keringhuis jetty and hop onto the Europoort Tour Boat or do we need to reserve online? The online website is not provided in English so I don't know all of the questions being asked or whether I'm reserving the correct tour and time from Keringhuis. Appreciate help with this. Thanks!

5 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • Few days in Leiden

Leiden Feb 28, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Thanks everyone for the train ticket info

I will be arriving Leaden from Rotterdam about 10 am ( by train) in morning 16 April and booked in to hotel (3 nights)..I intend to buy the combi ticket to Keukenhof...for the first day( 16 April) day..return to Leiden

For the next day If I want to see the flower feilds do you think I should return to Keukenhof and rent a bike and ride around there ( I need a tanden or a three wheeler for my partner to ride) or should I have bus rides from Leiden.that run through the country side(flower fields) to somewhere nice that rents bikes(if so any suggestion for the second day)
      On the 3rd day I was thinking

43 bus to Den Haag Central
      The tram to to Madurodam ( model village)
      tram return to Den haag central Metro to Zuidplein Rotterdam
      90 bus to The Mills of Kinderdijk
      90 bus return rotterdam Then maybe.return Leiden via Gouda

I will be going to Amsterdam hotel for 2 nights on 19 April in the evening

Any ideas /comments wuld be most appreciated

Geoff ....Hong Kong

1 Answer Feb 28, 2014 at 5:59 AM
    • buy rail tickets with credit card netherlands ?

Leiden Feb 22, 2014 at 6:29 AM

can purchase rail tickets in the netherlands at the ticket machines using a credit card(visa or master)..I cannot find this uptodate answer anywhere

Thank you Geoff (Hong Kong)

5 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 12:10 AM
    • sunshine in April

The Hague Feb 9, 2014 at 1:38 PM

About how long is the sun up. Times if you please.

2 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM
    • Name of the upside down cafe in the maarkt square

Delft Jan 7, 2014 at 7:03 AM

Could you tell me the name of the cafe/ bar in the Maarkt near the gemeente house? The interior is an optical illusion, the floor is on the ceiling, a telephone table on the wall etc

3 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 4:37 AM
    • directions from centraal station to peace palace

The Hague Dec 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM

what is the route and best way to get from central station to the peace palace? I am assuming by tram or bus, but do not know which one to look for when I come out of the
      station, or if I need to transfer.
      thanks.

3 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM
    • shakakthar's Profile Photo

tulip bulb fields

Lisse Nov 13, 2013 at 11:13 PM

i am planning to visit holland with my family just to see tulip bubfields in first week.of april 2014
      i dont want to get disappointed going so far and seeing them in budding stage.
      1. is first week of april right time??
      2. are there any other places other than keukenhof gardens to see these multi coloured fields around amsterdam?
      3 since it is high season i expect to be overcrowded is there any specific timings in a day where i can escape from the crowd like early morning or afternoon or weekends etc.
      4. the entrance ticket to gardens is also valid for those bulb fields?

9 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 1:36 AM
    • ACER LAPTOP MAINS POWERADAPTOR

Leiden Oct 18, 2013 at 4:55 PM

where to buy an Acer laptop power pack in Leiden please

2 Answers Oct 19, 2013 at 7:29 AM
    • jill92's Profile Photo

Bus from Rotterdam to Amsterdam

Rotterdam Oct 16, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Is there a bus service between these cities? I know there is a good train service but am looking for a cheaper option.
      Thank you.

14 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    • Buying cheap or second hand electronics?

Leiden Oct 12, 2013 at 4:47 AM

Hi I am looking to buy a cheap or second hand camera in Leiden. Is there a shop that houses used or second hand products?

4 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 5:53 AM
    • Dog friendly?

Rotterdam Oct 11, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Are there any bars / restaurants (preferably near the Station) that are Dog Friendly? We are stopping over there for a few hours tomorrow, and have our dog with us.

thanks

3 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    • BerendRdam's Profile Photo

Just curious!

Rotterdam Oct 11, 2013 at 5:09 AM

I'm living in Rotterdam all my life (19 years so far) and the last few years I see a lot more tourists in my city. Most of the time tourists go to Amsterdam and don't have one kind word for Rotterdam or they don't even know the city exists.
      My question is:
      -Have you ever been to Rotterdam and what did you like or didn't like?
      -No I've never been to Rotterdam and will you ever visit Rotterdam?

15 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    • REPLICA SHOPPING TROLLEYS AND BASKETS

Gouda Oct 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I visited Gouda a year or so ago and in a small mall there was a shop selling a small 'winkel wagon' (shopping trolley), along with other items - candle holders, toys etc -I can't remember the name of the shop - any ideas please? thanks

2 Answers Oct 11, 2013 at 12:03 PM
    • Is there a story about the statue "Jackass"?

Rotterdam Oct 8, 2013 at 5:41 AM

Saw the Assmann statue "Jackass" on a recent trip. Fascinates me. Did some searching and found the artist's site. His site advises this was a commissioned piece, in 1998, for the "voormlige Regentesse Bridge". Through the Internet magic, I found several photos of that bridge but the Jackass statue is not seen, perhaps because it is currently in Gouda (?) There is no signage to indicate its meaning or the artist. Is there a story about this work and its location? I'd guess it would have been somewhat controversial.

Any info would be appreciated.
      dsecard@roadrunner.com

9 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    • Shopping near grand hotel huis ter duin

Noordwijk aan Zee Sep 21, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I will be visiting the 6th of October. I am hopeful for sunshine, but in the event of bad weather I would like to wander around the area.
      Is there much to do? Shopping? I also enjoy looking in food markets.
      Is there debris on the beach in this area. Like pretty rocks, shells, sea glass?
      Thanks!

5 Answers Sep 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM
    • Maasluis - Rozenburg ferry payment

Rozenburg Aug 29, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Can I pay with a credit card for the Maasluis - Rozenburg ferry crossing?

7 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
    • INDIAN RESTAURENT

The Hague Aug 19, 2013 at 10:25 AM

IS THERE ANY INDIAN RESTAURENT IN THE HAUGE?

4 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM
    • Dangerous places in Delft

Delft Aug 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Where are the dangerous places in delft? the reasons? what to do about it.....thanks a lot

3 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 2:07 AM
    • Children in The Hague

The Hague Jul 21, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I am travelling to The Hague with my two year old son in December. Any suggestions ?

3 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM
    • Book on Noordwijk

Noordwijk aan Zee Jul 11, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Hello
      In December this year, myself and my family will be permanently moving to the Noorwijk area. Could you please recommend a book that I could purchase to learn about the area and its surroundiings?

9 Answers Jul 12, 2013 at 11:12 PM
    • Gym/Training

Brielle Jul 8, 2013 at 7:06 AM

I am going to live in Brielle from aug-oct. Is there any gym, fitness och sportsclubs there? Or do I have to travel a bit to get to one?

2 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM
    • Moving to The Hague

The Hague Apr 24, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I am moving to The Hague in June. I have tried to find information online but I find them a bit confusing. Some seem just very old. Then I decided to look for a recent guidebook on the Hague because I thought that maybe it was worth spending a little bit of money to have uptodate information since I am going to spend there at least 6 month (I am moving there for an internship at the ICC (btw anyone else is going there in the same period?).
      But I had not luck. I have found only guidebooks either on Amsterdam or to the Nethterlands in general (which according to the index it has only 6/7 pages at most). Is it possible that there is not guidebook specific to The Hague yet? Or it is just me that can't find it?
      Any info on the subject and from people moving to The Hague is appreciated.
      Chris

6 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM
    • schoonover descendants visiting Netherlands soon

Schoonhoven Apr 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM

my husband was born in USA but can trace his ancestors back to the 1500's to holland. His name is spelled Schoonover and we think his ancestors are from the town of Schoonhoven. We will be in Amsterdam end of may, 2013 with our 4 adult children and I am wondering what would be the best way for us to visit the town of Schoonhoven? Is there a tour we can take? Can anyone suggest a good way to learn about and visit the town of Schoonhoven--library? museums? points of interest? With or without a tour guide?

8 Answers Apr 22, 2013 at 1:03 AM
    • Blooming yet?

Keukenhof Apr 17, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Are the tulips blooming in the fields of Keukenhof yet?

3 Answers Apr 18, 2013 at 8:45 AM