Provincie Vlaams-Brabant

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• New Years Eve 2014/15

Brugge Nov 27, 2014 at 12:28 AM

Hello, my friend and I are taking our partners to Brugge for the first time over New Years Eve this year and we are looking for somewhere to spend the majority of the night. We are 25, love beer and looking for somewhere that opens late late. Ideally a pub rather than a club.

I am grateful for any suggestions and thank you in advance :)

more
    • Antwerp to Paris Airport

Antwerp Nov 28, 2014 at 2:37 AM

Anyone can send me links to get a train from Antwerp to Paris one way, if its possible to have a midnight train on the 10th Jan or early morning on the 11th Jan. Please let me know!

more
    • Any cheap train from Brugge to Antwerp?

Antwerp Nov 28, 2014 at 2:34 AM

Could anyone send me any links to get train ticket from Brugge to Antwerp in January 8th 2015 for only 1 way?

more
    • Miniature Teddy Bears

Brugge Nov 19, 2014 at 9:17 AM

The last time I was in Bruges back in 2011 I came a cross a small shop that sold miniature teddy bears (I think it is in a courtyard or small square). I am visiting again in December and would love to go back but can't remember the name of the shop or the street that it is on. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

more
    • Mardai24's Profile Photo

Nice Area>

Brussels Dec 8, 2014 at 1:59 AM

We're staying on Rue du Midi 135, at the Bedford hotel in early January. Is this a nice area?

more
    • muratkorman's Profile Photo

Some restaurant suggestions

Brussels Dec 4, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Hi everyone,
      I have been in Brussels for a while and I would like to hear about some restaurant suggestions from you. Preferably reasonably priced restaurants which are value for money. You can share the links to your tips and I can check. Thank you.

more
    • Train schedules from Lille to Bruges...where are they?

Brugge Dec 1, 2014 at 3:18 AM

Hi! I'm planning a trip to Bruges for Christmas, but I'm not seeing any train times on the SNCF website! I want to go from Lille to Bruges, and several months ago I looked on SNCF and saw that trains run frequently. I know there are direct trains and some that go from Lille through KORTRIJK. But for all dates after Dec 13, all I see is one train a day to Bruges, going through Paris!!! This is ridiculous, and it's really expensive. Someone at SNCF told me that maybe it's because they just haven't received the train times yet and they will post them later, when they get them. This is fine with me but I want to make sure! I'd be fine with buying my ticket the day of, if only I can be sure there WILL be trains! Does anyone know if this is normal? How can I be sure there will be trains running? Is it possible there aren't going to be trains because of the Christmas holidays???

more
    • Ghent to Paris Airport

Gent Nov 21, 2014 at 5:42 PM

How can I get a train or bus from Ghent to Paris airport in a midnight situation or early morning? For example its either i leave on the midnight on the 10th of Jan or early morning on the 11th Jan as our flight from Paris to London is on the 11th Jan 13:35pm? Please help!

more
    • Trip on a budget

Brussels Dec 14, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I want a quick visit to belgium, probably in January. The flights goes to and from Charleroi airport. I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I want to see the main cities of belgium and nice views - Brussels, Bruges and Ghent.
      Where should I stay for a home base? (from which city is the best to take trains?) how many hours will it take to go to each place, because it will be a single day trip... and how much is it supposed to cost? (I'm 30 so no discounts for me).
      Do you think that 4 days (3 nights) for this trip will be ok?
      Thanks for helping :)

more

Popular Provincie Vlaams-Brabant Travel Answer Locations

• Bra specific store?

Leuven May 26, 2014 at 2:19 PM

Where is the best place to buy bras and underwear?

4 Answers May 27, 2014 at 8:58 AM
    • Organist of O.L.V. kerk in Diest

Diest May 25, 2014 at 7:59 AM

can you please tell me who is the currant organist of the Onze Lieve Vrouwenkerk in Diest and how I can contact him please? it is for my brother Ciarean Goyvaerts, we are grandchildren of Victor Goyvaerts who used to live in the house next to the churh in de Bruidstraat and was singing in the choir till he was 88 years old, my brother is an organist in Northern Ireland, our father Theophille Goyvaerts was organist and koster in the church of St Anneke in Antwerp, we are looking for information about the organ works and details of that, thank you for any help you can give us, Brenda Taylor-Goyvaerts

2 Answers Oct 7, 2014 at 1:41 PM
    • Organist of O.L.V. kerk in Diest

Diest May 25, 2014 at 6:36 AM

can you please tell me who is the currant organist of the Onze Lieve Vrouwenkerk in Diest and how I can contact him please? it is for my brother Ciarean Goyvaerts, we are grandchildren of Victor Goyvaerts who used to live in the house next to the churh in de Bruidstraat and was singing in the choir till he was 88 years old, my brother is an organist in Northern Ireland, our father Theophille Goyvaerts was organist and koster in the church of St Anneke in Antwerp, we are looking for information about the organ works and details of that, thank you for any help you can give us, Brenda Taylor-Goyvaerts

• Things to do in overijse

Overijse May 18, 2014 at 3:51 AM

Going there with kids in July and August. What are the places of interest for a family?

2 Answers May 18, 2014 at 9:53 PM
    • carolou's Profile Photo

yoga/pilates

Overijse Nov 7, 2013 at 6:23 AM

just moving there. is there any place to do yoga or pilates?

1 Answer Nov 7, 2013 at 7:08 AM
    • Is the Hoegaarden Brewery Still open?

Hoegaarden Oct 18, 2013 at 6:45 AM

I would like to organise a trip for my partner to the Hoeegarden brewery however I'm struggling to find any information on how to book or if this is even still open? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 10:55 AM
    • Miguelzgz's Profile Photo

Long term rental

Diest Sep 12, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Hello.
      This is not exactly a travel related question...my company is probably going to sign a contract to work in Diest, and we should send 2 or 4 guys to work there for several months(8 or 9). Do you know of any website where I can find apartments to rent, in that village or surroundings? I have just find websites for holidays, and that is not the case, nor the price we are looking for.

It doesn´t have to be right in Diest as they will have a ban, so they can drive to work every day.

Thank you very much.

2 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    • Late breakfast in Leuven

Leuven Jun 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I am looking for a restaurant that serves a late breakfast (eggs, etc), around 11.00am, outside! Can you help?

3 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM
    • flower shop in Diest??

Diest Mar 4, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Hi, do you know some flower shop in Diest ?? if you know please give me e-mail adresse or a phone number.. thanks

2 Answers Apr 24, 2014 at 1:10 AM
    • Salsa in Leuven

Leuven Jan 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Hello, I am coming to Leuven for a week and I like dancing salsa (or at times other Latino American dances). Tried to google but didn't find anything of use. Is there any place that organises Latino American dancing evenings (either when they only play Latino music or when at the beginning of the evening they give a lesson of dancing and the rest of the evening everyone dances as they wish) or specifically Salsa evenings?

Otherwise, if nothing Latino American, or specifically Salsa doesn't exist, is there any other place in Leuven which organizes some kind of a dance lesson and then after that, the rest of the evening it's simply the disco?

thank you for the answers in advance.

P.S. I will be in Leuven from Tuesday to Monday.

3 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • Help!

Zemst Apr 14, 2012 at 5:14 AM

I don't know how to get from Mechelen to Zemst. Can someone give me some ideas? Also, is there a bus that goes from Brussels to Zemst? Can information on getting to Zemst would be greatly appreciated!
      Rosemary Luz

3 Answers Apr 14, 2012 at 9:07 AM
    • Charles Mertens, the man who worked to rebuild the castle of Beersel

Beersel Apr 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I am working on the history of this beautiful castle and I was estonished when I visited last october 2011 : so little was said about Charles Mertens, this great man who worked so hard to transform the ruins into this splendid medieval construction.

As if everything was due to Mr Pelgrims de Bigard !

I have bought the old book - 1942 - written by Charles Mertens "Beersel et ses seigneurs" and reading it, there's no doubt this man devoted himself to the castle.

Is there anybody who can give me a reason to explain this strange oblivion ?
      I would be delighted to read your answers.
      Thanks

• Searching for a Accomodation for atleast 1 year

Leuven Jul 28, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Hi friends.
      Could you ppl suggest a better and comfortable way to search for an accomodation for atleast 1 year. How much do i need to shell out from my pocket for a good room with attached kitchen and bathroom.

1 Answer Dec 24, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    • jimirving's Profile Photo

Hoegaarden Brewery

Tienen Mar 7, 2011 at 1:21 PM

I am planning to visit the Brewery later this week whilst in Brussels. Can anybody confirm opening days and times and whether it is worth a visit ? Also, best way to get there after arriving at the railway station. Anywhere else worth visiting in the town and good places to eat and drink ?

1 Answer Mar 12, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    • Accommodation for a few days?

Leuven Aug 4, 2010 at 3:52 AM

Hey Guys

I am looking for accommodation in leuven for a few days (3/4) end of the month for a family of 5. What would you recommend a Hotel or an apartment?

I was hoping of finding an apartment which i think should fall cheaper?

Any ideas?

2 Answers Aug 8, 2010 at 2:19 AM
    • ATLC's Profile Photo

one day in Leuven

Leuven Jul 23, 2010 at 11:54 AM

hi peeps!
      I'm going to Leuven next week Tuesday. Just for one night and day (it's only 180 kms).

So, what are your best memories of Leuven?
      Anything off-the-beaten path you want me to go see?

And your favourite restaurant (not necessarily posh) and beer drinking hide out?

As for shopping: What and where are the best foody shops?

2 Answers Jul 24, 2010 at 4:35 AM
    • Tervuren - local transportation

Tervuren Apr 2, 2010 at 10:04 AM

Hi,

Me and my friends are planning a trip to Tervuren. Is it possible to get cycles on rent for a day or so in Tervuren ? If yes, Can someone please provide the contact details - or the place where we can find it.

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

3 Answers Jun 4, 2010 at 12:17 PM
    • dgediz's Profile Photo

Cheap and nice accomodation at leuven

Leuven Jun 9, 2009 at 5:55 AM

Hi,
      I will be in Leuven/Belgium between september 15 and December 18 for the Erasmus Mundus Master of Bioethics. Do you know a cheap but nice place which I can stay with my 10 years old daughter? I may share an appartment too. The size of the place should be at least 27 m2.
      Thanks in advance for the information.

3 Answers Jun 8, 2010 at 2:02 PM
    • jeoren's Profile Photo

Modern architecture Leuven

Leuven Dec 21, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Is there any more Modern architecture in Leuven except this buildings: mimoa.eu/browse/projects/Bel...

1 Answer Dec 22, 2008 at 3:46 AM
    • bsdtector's Profile Photo

Leaving in 5 days for Leuven.

Leuven Dec 2, 2008 at 7:44 PM

I'm from Canada and my husband and I are leaving in 5 days for a 6 month stay in Leuven. My husband is mortified that I plan on wearing my short, Canadian, beaver fur coat to Belgium. I thought it was O.K. to wear fur in Europe.(Our biggest importers of fur.) Please tell me before Sunday, because I'm planning on wearing it onto the plane. It's friggin' cold here already. Thanks.
      ~S

7 Answers Feb 19, 2009 at 8:31 AM
    • bsdtector's Profile Photo

Gyms for weight lifting

Leuven Dec 1, 2008 at 5:23 PM

My husband and I are staying in Leuven for 6 months at the Begijnhof. We want to get into a daily work out routine. Where should we go?
      ~S

1 Answer Feb 19, 2009 at 7:55 AM
    • Indian Restaurants in Leuven

Leuven Nov 10, 2008 at 5:03 AM

Is there any Indian Restaurant near hotel Novotel in Leuven?

2 Answers Nov 15, 2008 at 8:30 AM
    • Lesbian in Leuven- help

Leuven Sep 18, 2008 at 7:52 AM

Hi,

I'm a 27 years old lesbian , new in Leuven -Belgium.
      1. Are there any places for lesbian from my age in leuven - PUB'S,Cafe....?
      (don't send me to www.driekant.be and the others,everything is in dutch!!)
      and if there are, please write me the address.
      2. Is there a big gay\lesbian community here in Leuven?

Thank you

1 Answer Sep 18, 2008 at 1:44 PM
    • jezzabel's Profile Photo

how to get from Amsterdam to Leuven

Leuven Aug 8, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Hi,
      I've been doing some research but I'm a bit frustrated. I've found that you can get there by train but haven't managed to find how much it'd cost (which is an important detail...) Also, I've been trying to find buses (eurolines.be) but they dont seem to do that route. Any ideas?
      And also, does anybody know how easy it is to get to the Charleroi airport from Leuven?
      We only have one day in Belgium before we head home. We'll be coming there from Amsterdam. I've heard there's nothing much to see in Brussels, so someone recommended us to spend that day in Leuven instead. But so far finding transportation to Leuven from Amsterdam is getting a bit trickier than to Brussels (hence my call for help here). If getting to the airport from Leuven is also gonna be more complicated then we might consider keeping it simple and just stay in Brussels.
      I'd appreciate any sugestion on that.
      Many thanks for your help!

8 Answers Aug 13, 2008 at 11:32 AM
    • Need information

Aarschot Jul 28, 2008 at 8:39 AM

Hi

I will visit your beautiful city for de Illumination in 15 August, but i dont know if there are a camping or youth home in AARSCHOT

Regards

1 Answer Jul 28, 2008 at 1:01 PM
    • Lesbian Leuven

Leuven Jun 15, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Hi ,
      I am travelling to Leuven in July/August (08)for a weekend trip

Questions I need help with please:
      1) Are there any gay/lesbian accomm. options in Leuven?
      2) or failing that any gay/lesbian areas (with cafes etc), where gay friendly hotels are situated?
      3) Is the Stella Artois brewery easy to get to or are there tours that take people there?

Thanks for your help!

2 Answers Jul 1, 2008 at 2:39 AM
    • JulieEGW's Profile Photo

Rock Werchter

Leuven Mar 20, 2008 at 8:04 AM

Hi Guys

My boyfriend and I are coming over for all 4 days of the Rock Werchter festival. We've booked to camp, but are really a bit old for camping - particularly if the weather is very bad!

Which are the closest towns/villages and do they have transport to the festival?

Are there any bed and breakfast or hotels people can recommend?

Thanks

Julie

2 Answers Mar 20, 2008 at 6:33 PM
    • Accomodation/flat/house in Leuven

Leuven Mar 11, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Hi dudes, I'm thinking of doing part of my degree in Leuven. Is there any chance to rent a bigger flat or house with other students? I live in the UK and I am used to living in rather bigger 'social' houses. Any ideas or tips where would I find details on how to find such places to rent in Leuven? Cheers for any replies;) Mira

2 Answers Mar 11, 2008 at 1:27 PM
    • need Leuven apartment Jan-May 2008

Leuven Sep 13, 2007 at 7:03 AM

I'm not a student, but I have similar requirements. I'm looking for a clean nonsmoking apartment (studio or 1 bedroom) reasonably near the train station for the first half of 2008. The "business flats" are too expensive and fancier than I require.

Any ideas?

--mj

1 Answer Sep 13, 2007 at 7:27 AM
    • seonmi's Profile Photo

China town

Leuven Aug 21, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Is there a China town in Leuven or stores for Asian food? I heard that Brussels had a China town but haven't found anything about Leuven. If there is one, how is the price there? Thank you very much.

9 Answers Aug 27, 2007 at 9:34 AM