Provincie Overijssel Travel Answers

change location

Any Expats in Overijssel

by hialllovespacey Online Now Oct 11, 2005 at 3:32 AM

Hi,

I am from England and now live in Hengelo. Are there any other english speaking expats in Overijssel here? If so then maybe you want to join our Yahoo Group

uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ov...

It would be great to hear from anyone in a similar situation to me.

Best Wishes,

Amy

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • PeteNL's Profile Photo

RE: Any Expats in Overijssel

by PeteNL Online Now Oct 11, 2005 at 5:29 AM

Hi,

Welcome to VT and to the Netherlands! Did you already try the Dutch pages on www.expatica.com? They have a feature and/or forum for expats from different regions. We (partly expat) live in the next-door province of Gelderland, but The Netherlands isn't that big anyway, so feel free to drop a line.
    And you're lucky to live in the same town as prominent VT-member pieter_jan_v, I'm sure he'll know some expats living in the area! See also:
    "HENGELO, The place where I live" - Hengelo by pieter_jan_v
    Maybe even through his work, I remember he's working at an international company.

Good luck!
    P.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Any Expats in Overijssel

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Oct 11, 2005 at 9:37 AM

Hi Amy,

I have been an expat myself several times, but on the moment I'm back at my hometown Hengelo. There are expats around in the region, working at the ITC, the International Institute for Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation at Enschede, the UT technical University at Enschede, Holec & THALES at Hengelo.

I only can tell you about my experiences in North- & South America, Korea and Germany.

If you need any local help, just let me know,

PJ

• seematt's Profile Photo

RE: Any Expats in Overijssel

by seematt Online Now Oct 11, 2005 at 6:01 PM

Hoi, ik was al ingeburgerd in Deventer and my ex-fiance still lives there and I'm sure she'd be happy to show you around if you ever made it there. I tried to start a Dutch speaking club for buitenlanders there but it tanked after I left. If you are at all into a little jogging, check out these guys http://www.ahhh.nl/

If you don't have a lift call someone because there may be someone nearby who is heading to their next run. Hashing was started 70 years ago by a Brit....

• Re: Any Expats in Overijssel

by Maeve1983 Online Now Jul 1, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Hi Amy, I've just moved over to Zwolle from outside London to live with my boyfriend and am finding it quite hard to meet people. All the people I have met have been great but sometimes you just need a conversation with someone whos 1st language is English. How far is Hengelo from Zwolle. Hope to hear from you. Maeve

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Provincie Overijssel Travel Answer Locations