change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• halikowski's Profile Photo

the a la pomme?

Brussels Jul 8, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Does anyone know where to buy apple tea, like they have in Turkey, especially the granule type? All the 'epiciers' in the city seem to have now become Indian, who don't sell this. I have been looking for some months fruitlessly.
      Thanks,
      Stefan

more
    • best place to stay

Ardennes Jul 3, 2014 at 11:46 AM

heading to belgian ardennes for 3 nights in august, any suggestions on the best town to set up base???

more
    • Parking with a big car

Antwerp Jun 22, 2014 at 2:29 PM

hello,

i want to go to the city tomorrow, but i dont know where to park
      i am with my big transport car so i cant drive in a garage and on the street the max. is 3 hours and this is too less.
      is there somewhere a parking area, for big cars, next to a tram? ?

thank you, sandra

more
    • Bastogne - Best way to go and cheap good accommodation

Bastogne Jul 3, 2014 at 6:53 PM

Hello, i am from Portugal and I will be visiting Bastogne next year. As i have family in Antweerp and i will make a visit, i would be coming from there. So, there is any train from Antweerp to Bastogne? Or i need to go by train to Brussels and then catch a bus to Bastogne as i read on the net? For this last option i will loose almost day to get there and i really want to avoid it. Well, i know that i will need to rent a car with GPS to discover the region. So what do you recommend, where i can rent a car with low cost prices? It's better in Antweerp or more close like Brussels.? I wish to find the best way, fast and cheap to get there. Or are there other options? From Bastogne i want to discover the region, www2 places and museums: Poteau, Malmedy, La Gleize, Grandmenil, La Roche en Ardenne, Houffalize, Foy, Bois Jaques and maybe, maybe Dinant, Celles and Florennes. Without this last 3 places that i know are a little far from Bastogne, do you think 2 days is enough? I want to stay in Bastogne, visit the region and back to Bastogne to sleep and when finish all, back to family in Antweerp again. Any suggestions? I would like accommodation recommendations as well. Good but cheap. Thank you.

more
    • baking Accessoires

Antwerp Jun 20, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Hallo,

is there a shop in antwerp where i can buy baking accessoires for muffins and cakepops?
      i am looking for forms, decoration, wilton,..

what is a good place to buy home decoration and furniture?

thank you
      sandra

more
    • Antwerp Accessoires

Antwerp Jun 16, 2014 at 12:30 PM

hello,

i will go to Antwerp next week and i want to know if there is a shop where i can buy accessoires for jewelery making?
      i need chains, cabochons, charms, ..

thank you for your help,
      sandra

more
    • Travel from Brussels to and from Bastogne and time to allow for visiting museums in Bastogne

Belgium Jul 8, 2014 at 10:14 AM

As an airline employee with only a 54 hour layover in Brussels, I need to ask the best route to get to see the places my Father talked about so much when he was fighting with the 101st Airborne Division. I cannot determine train schedules and ask all those with information to give me your best suggestions to use the one full day I have in the best way. Also welcome any suggestions re seeing Brussels and maybe Ghent.

more
    • #7 bus today

Brugge Jul 6, 2014 at 12:39 AM

Does the number seven bus run today as it does every other day?

more
    • Jdoodz71's Profile Photo

Car parking

Belgium Jul 3, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I am planning to rent a car in Belgium. I will be staying at Meninger Hotel at Henegouwenkaai 33, Sint-Jans-Molenbeek, Brussels, 1080, Belgium. The said hotel has no parking lot. Anybody knows nearby locations where I can park my car and maybe I'll just go back to the hotel afterwards?

more
    • Monday in Brussels

Brussels Jul 1, 2014 at 4:07 PM

On a very brief visit to Brussels .Arriving at about 10 on a Monday morning. I know that many places such as museums and bars close on Mondays. Any advice on what is actually open and what we can do ? We are interested in most stuff. Also interested in Belgian beer!

more
    • transfer from charleroi to Brussels centrer

Charleroi Jun 23, 2014 at 10:22 PM

From where can i bye a ticket for the public transportation and then to the train? it is me first time in Brussels. can i bye it online?

more
    • hugheyjr08's Profile Photo

Belgium to Prague

Belgium Jun 20, 2014 at 7:19 AM

What is the best way/cheapest way/most reliable way to travel from somwhere in Belgium to Prague?

more
    • items needed to pack in my travel suitcase to Belgium

Belgium Jun 13, 2014 at 3:56 AM

kindly list for me items that i need to pack in our travelling suitcase for me and my fiance.

more
    • Jdoodz71's Profile Photo

Is it ok to rent a car in Belgium?

Belgium Jul 7, 2014 at 6:03 PM

After an exhausting walking trip in London and Paris -- most especially .... We have decided to rent a car in Belgium and we plan to use it as a day trip outside of Belgium. Is it easy to rent a car in Belgium ? I figured it's a left hand drive just like what we have in the US and they drive on the left side too so it should be fairly easy. I hope my assumption is correct. Also any car rental agencies you can recommend which is cheap? Thanks!

more

Popular Provincie Oost-Vlaanderen Travel Answer Locations

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Monday 9 June and restaurant tip

Oudenaarde Jun 3, 2014 at 3:20 AM

hi there! I'll be in Oudenaarde during Pentecost (which is next weekend). Monday 9 June is 'Tweede Pinksterdag'. Is it a bank holiday in Belgium? Will there be museums, breweries, restaurants open? Shops perhaps?
      My second question: I'd like a recommendation for a restaurant with Belgian cuisine.
      Thanks a lot.

1 Answer Jun 3, 2014 at 7:31 AM
    • sha55's Profile Photo

Buying rolling tobacco

Brugge May 23, 2014 at 6:06 PM

hello. Unfortunately, my husband still smokes from time to time. Can you tell me if and where he can buy rolling tobacco from in Brugge?

2 Answers May 24, 2014 at 2:50 AM
    • KateS62's Profile Photo

Arriving early morning at Hotel Campanille

Gent Jan 24, 2014 at 5:43 AM

Having trouble finding info on getting a bus from Hotel to Bruges and in to the City Centre?
      Also need somewhere to put my head down for a few hours,Campanille reception is closed and i am unable to stay there till midday! Any suggestions? many thanks Kate :)

3 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • Outlet Shopping

Gent Oct 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Hello,

Last February I went to the B&T Outlet. They had just moved to their new location and didn't have business cards.
      Do anyone know if the outlet is still open to the public?

Thank you.

1 Answer Oct 27, 2013 at 5:31 AM
    • bag repair and shoes repair

Gent Oct 10, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I need to get my shoes repaired and also get my bag repaired.... its chain is broken. I stay in Stalhof, Ghent , next to the Overpoortstraat... Can you please tell me where can i get them repaired from ?

Thanks a lot
      jyoti

4 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 1:12 AM
    • Validation of non-reserved tickets.

Gent Sep 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I have booked a ticket from Ghent to Lille with one connection at Kortrijk and the ticket is non-reserved. I have printed the ticket already. Do I need to validate it at the St.Pieters station?

10 Answers Oct 5, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    • Change of trains at Kortrijk.

Gent Sep 29, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I am travelling from Ghent to Lille by train and the train has one connection at Kortrijk. The problem is that there is only 7 minutes time for me to change from one train to another. Is this easily possible or is fairly risky?

3 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 12:38 PM
    • Dampoort Station to Korenlei.

Gent Sep 29, 2013 at 4:12 AM

I plan on walking from the Dampoort station to Korenlei, check out the Gravesteen castle and head for the St.pieters station. I will have approximately 4hrs in hand. will 4hrs be enough?

2 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 6:05 AM
    • Paris metro timings?

Gent Sep 28, 2013 at 4:39 AM

Does anybody know when the paris metro operate? The start and end time.

2 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    • Korenlei to St.Pieters station in Ghent.

Gent Sep 27, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Is it possible to walk from the Korenlei to the St.Pieters station? If not, then what's the best option?

2 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    • Where to buy cameras in Gent?

Gent Sep 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Do you know any shop that sells camera in Gent near Castelnou Aparthotel? I´m gonna be there for a Seminar in October: Kasteellaan 51 B-9000 Gent and I´m planning to buy a Nikon P7700. Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Answer Sep 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    • Rodaroo's Profile Photo

Please help!! ... Train from Gent to Lille

Gent Sep 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Im pretty sure this is a common train... I hope.
      Im leaving Gent tomorrow for Lille, and for the life of me, haven't been able to confirm a train!!
      If anyone has a source for for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks so much in advance!!!

4 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 8:39 PM
    • To Brussels

Zillebeke Aug 28, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I am going to Zillebeke staying with my friend. But thinking to spend half day in Brussels. I need recommendation on how to get to brussels from Zillebeke without a car.

2 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    • RajanP's Profile Photo

Route to Ghent University from St.Peters Railway station

Gent Jul 25, 2013 at 5:13 AM

Thanks ,how far is Ghent University campus from St.peters Railway station Ghent?

5 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM
    • RajanP's Profile Photo

Hotel

Gent Jul 24, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Suggest me couple of Good budget Hotel in Ghent to stay for 3/4 nights in October.

11 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    • Brussels to Wachtebeke

Wachtebeke Jul 20, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Hi, how can i move from airport near Brussels,Charleroi to Wachtebeke ?

I would like to go by bus or train ... possible ?

thanks

4 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 4:37 AM
    • Visits

Rupelmonde Jul 5, 2013 at 3:16 AM

I have several questions...:

1) How do I get information on the Merkator Museum that is not only in Flemish?
      2) Where can I rent bikes close to the town or in the town
      3) What nice Hotel can I find in the town or close to the town?

Thank you!!

7 Answers Jul 5, 2013 at 5:20 AM
    • Taxi from Maastricht airport

Valkenberg Apr 7, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Does anyone have an idea of how much a taxi would be from the airport to centre of Valkenberg?

2 Answers Apr 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    • Is it safe to stay at trieste airport at night?

Triest Feb 4, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Dear All,

I am traveling in Trieste, Italy. I plane to leave at February 05 in the morning. My flight is 6:45 am. It is too early, and the first bus arriving at the airport is 5:50. Do you guys think it is a good idea to go to the Trieste airport tonight and stay there?

Thank you a lot!

6 Answers Feb 4, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    • nitrofan's Profile Photo

Six days of gent cycle races

Gent Jan 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I am trying to find the ticket sales site for the six days of gent cycle races on the web with little success. As this will be my first trip to these races has anyone got any tips on where to stay, getting around etc many thanks in advance VT'ers.

6 Answers Feb 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM
    • FrostyJW's Profile Photo

Beer Prices in Brugge

Brugge Jul 20, 2012 at 4:22 AM

We were in Brugge 7 years ago and enjoyed it a lot, and love the beers. We are going again for 5 nights this September. Can any kind member give me an idea of what prices to expect to pay in € for good beers in the well know bars such as Le Garre, Brugs Beertje, Cambrinus etc? I know beer prices often depend on alc% strength, but we would just appreciate some idea so we know how much money to take!! Replies greatly appreciated, thank you! John

5 Answers Jul 26, 2012 at 3:06 AM
    • Accommodation in Wieze

Wieze Jul 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Hello, guys! I will go to a music festival in October in Wieze and I need a place to stay for 2 or 3 nights for max 30-35 euros per night. I won't have more :( So, I would like to ask you, please, could you help me to find it out? Thank you in advance!

1 Answer Sep 20, 2012 at 5:33 PM
    • Arriving Gent Sint Pieters with medium suitcase

Gent May 7, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Will we be able to get on a Tram to go to the City Centre with a medium sized suitcase? or should we get a taxi to the hotel - staying at Ghent River Hotel.
      Thanks

2 Answers May 7, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    • adoration of the mystic lamb restoration

Gent Feb 25, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Has part of the alterpiece been removed for restoration yet? We will be visiting Gent in early April 2012 and hope to see as much as possible of the original.

5 Answers Mar 6, 2012 at 1:18 PM
    • rlg2706's Profile Photo

Overnight stay in Brugge

Brugge Feb 3, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I am travelling to Belgium to stay with friends in the west of the country in the summer. I am considering having an overnight stay in Brugge on the way there, partly to break the journey and also because it is a place that I have always wanted to visit. I will have my 3 children with me aged 14, 11 and 9 and wonder what Brugge has to interest them. I am very easily pleased but my children less so and I do not want cries of "I'm bored" throughout our time there! If Brugge is not a place for kids of that age, I may be better to carry on to our destination. Any advice greatly appreciated.....

9 Answers Feb 5, 2012 at 7:20 AM
    • Summer in Brugge

Brugge Feb 2, 2012 at 12:48 PM

My family is planning to spend 3 or 4 days in Brugge, I was wondering if anyone could post some links of apartments that might be available for rent? Links to bed and breakfasts would be ok too.

4 Answers Feb 3, 2012 at 11:54 PM
    • Looking for a railway and /or aircraft enthusiast in Gent

Gent Nov 4, 2011 at 3:22 AM

Hi. I am an aviation and railway enthusiast living in the UK and will be on holiday in Gent shortly. I am wishing to contact a railway and/or aircraft enthusiast in the area who could possibly advise me on the best places to take photographs of these.

Thank you.

John

• Tram number request

Gent Nov 4, 2011 at 3:18 AM

Hi. I am going to Gent shortly and will be arriving at Saint-Pieters station. I am staying at the Expo hotel which I am told has a tram stop outside. Can you tell me the number of the tram that I need to catch from the railway station?

Thank you.

John

1 Answer Nov 4, 2011 at 8:26 AM
    • Transport in Gent!!!

Gent Oct 16, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Hello,
      Hope you can help me cause I really need it! :)
      Next week I will be travelling to Belgium and I need to arrive from Gent to Evergem. I am not decided yet what option is the best to arrive there (cause I don't really know my way around those cities) so I hope you can help me out:
      1. What tram can I take from Gent to Evergem and from where exactly (taking into consideration that I arrive at the train station of Gent)?
      2. If I take a taxi, which one do you recommend and which is also cheaper?

Thanks so much! :)

6 Answers Oct 19, 2011 at 1:50 PM
    • grocery shop!

Evergem Oct 12, 2011 at 12:42 PM

As I am not from Evergem, can you please tell me where can I find a grocery shop near Koolstraat street? I don't have a car, so the nearest possible would sure help. :) Thanks a lot!

2 Answers Oct 17, 2011 at 2:47 AM