change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Roermond for 'younger people'

Roermond Apr 7, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Hi,

I am possibly moving to Roermond or Maastricht on a permenant basis. I have not spent much time in Roermond so I was wondering what the nightlife was like in general for people of my age (32). I am not looking for it to be bustling but some life particularly on weekends would be good.

Also, I found Maastricht to be fairly metropolitan with many English speaking people - probably due to the university. Is Roermond much the same or is it mainly populated by Dutch people.

Any reply from somebody with experience of these city's would be a great help.

Thank you :)

more
    • Visit to Maastricht

Maastricht Mar 26, 2014 at 8:17 AM

I am planning to visit Europe from June 1-7. I have to be in Maastricht from June 4 till 7.I wonder what interesting places I can visit during June 1-3 finally arriving in Maastricht on 4. Can you suggest an itinerary.

more

Popular Provincie Limburg Travel Answer Locations

• Roermond for 'younger people'

Roermond Apr 7, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Hi,

I am possibly moving to Roermond or Maastricht on a permenant basis. I have not spent much time in Roermond so I was wondering what the nightlife was like in general for people of my age (32). I am not looking for it to be bustling but some life particularly on weekends would be good.

Also, I found Maastricht to be fairly metropolitan with many English speaking people - probably due to the university. Is Roermond much the same or is it mainly populated by Dutch people.

Any reply from somebody with experience of these city's would be a great help.

Thank you :)

4 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • Visit to Maastricht

Maastricht Mar 26, 2014 at 8:17 AM

I am planning to visit Europe from June 1-7. I have to be in Maastricht from June 4 till 7.I wonder what interesting places I can visit during June 1-3 finally arriving in Maastricht on 4. Can you suggest an itinerary.

15 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • restaurant

Maastricht Feb 13, 2014 at 9:18 AM

What is the best restaurant on the vritof square at the time of Andre Rieu's concerts please for the pre-concert terrace dinner. I appreciate they are all well booked up already.

2 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 6:05 AM
    • Railway station platforms

Maastricht Feb 10, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Hello
      Does anyone know a link to the platform layout on Maastricht railway station.
      Later this year we have a train change and we have to get from Platform 4a to 5a.
      Is this the same level or down through the subway interconnect..??
      Thanks for any advice
      Roger

3 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • Brussels to Roermond

Roermond Jan 27, 2014 at 6:06 AM

I am travelling from England to Roermond via Brussels Eurostar. What is my best route from Brussels to Roermond by train?

4 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 8:10 AM
    • Shopping in Maastricht

Maastricht Dec 12, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Hi everyone,

I heard from a friend that Maastricht has excellent shopping opportunities. Which streets in the city would you recommend for shopping? I also heard that they have good sales/deals in December, is this true?

Thanks in advance!

TravellingCA

6 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    • Valkenburg Pistols

Valkenburg Dec 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Were the Valkenburg 5 shot, 32 caliber pistols of the WWII era actually made somewhere in Valkenburg ?

3 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 5:53 PM
    • Dlee's Profile Photo

Maastricht Christmas Market

Maastricht Dec 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Would like to go to Maastricht Christmas Mark, looking for a hotel near.

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 2:51 PM
    • re night life

Maastricht Oct 16, 2013 at 4:26 AM

does Maastricht have good night life

7 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    • Ascencion Day

Sittard Aug 15, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Will any stores be open in Sittard today?

3 Answers Aug 15, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    • Route of Four Locks Trip

Maastricht Aug 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM

On 18 July we did the Stiphout 4 locks cruise ffrom Maastricht.. Although we enjoyed the cruise we were disappointed that there was very little commentary in English. Can anyone please tell me the route of this cruise and the names of the locks we passed through. Thank You.

3 Answers Nov 20, 2013 at 7:41 AM
    • AbdulH16's Profile Photo

shopping

Venlo Jul 25, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Where can one buys school stuff for children in velno... a good tips would appreciated

4 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 10:24 AM
    • julin's Profile Photo

travel to Maatricht in July

Maastricht May 6, 2013 at 1:36 AM

What is the easiest way to get to Maastricht without too many changes.Fly from Gatwick to Amsterdam and train or Eurostar to Brussels then train.Will be 70 and have luggage so want to keep changes to minimum.

7 Answers May 6, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    • verahussey's Profile Photo

bus to centre of Maastricht from Maastricht airport

Maastricht Mar 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Hello. We are traveling to the Andre Rieu concert in July. Flying from Dublin with Ryanair.

Our accommodation is close to Vrijthof Square. Is there a bus we can travel on from the airport that will bring us close to the Vrijthof?

Thank you.

Best regards, Vera Hussey
      Dublin

9 Answers Mar 23, 2013 at 5:14 AM
    • NatalieC9's Profile Photo

Moving to Maastrict

Maastricht Mar 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Hi, I have a English speaking job in Maastrict and I am moving in April. Just wanted to ask a few questions if anyone could be so kind as to answer

the 30 % rule a little confused by it, does that mean that it is my tax free allowance every mth and then taxed on the rest? what is the taxable percent on the rest of my mthly salary.

Also I want to live a little out of Maastrict, does anyone know any nice cheaper areas to live by there, dont mind travelling a little bit for work.

Finally, are there any private landlords that I could rent an apartment from all I can find online are agencies and the prices are really high for fees.

Thanks

14 Answers Apr 2, 2013 at 10:34 PM
    • From Amsterdam

Cuijk Mar 7, 2013 at 6:12 PM

How to go to Cuijk from Amsterdam?

1 Answer Mar 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    • help

Maastricht Feb 25, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Hi All We want to travel from Maastricht to Munich the most efficient way. Maastricht air fly direct but charge a lot of money. Another way I have been told is to go to Cologne fly Air Berlin. Anyone got any thought on the matter. If Cologne is the way to go do we bus it to Aachen then train to Cologne. Is the airport a long way from the train station? Anyway you get the drift of our plight. Any answer is much appreciated. Jack

5 Answers Feb 26, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    • julin's Profile Photo

Train from London to Maastricht

Maastricht Jan 26, 2013 at 9:44 AM

We are booked to go to Maastricht on 2nd July.The best way seems to be Eurostar to Brussels then train to Maastricht but I understand there isn't a direct train now so will have to change.Where is the best place to change?

13 Answers Feb 1, 2013 at 3:54 AM
    • Public transport to Thorn in Holland from nearest town

Thorn Jan 12, 2013 at 3:53 AM

How do I get to Thorn by public transport from the nearest train Station in Holland, or is ther a train to Thorn

3 Answers Jan 13, 2013 at 4:02 AM
    • julin's Profile Photo

Maastricht 2013

Maastricht Oct 10, 2012 at 8:38 AM

As we didn't manage to get to Maastricht this year we have now booked for July
      2013.We need to fly from London Gatwick and then get a train.What is the best airport to fly too and then catch a train.

11 Answers Oct 10, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    • Manueljcnunes's Profile Photo

BUS Information - From Airport to Maastricht

Maastricht Aug 8, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Hello! I booked a flight from Porto, Portugal to Maastricht and I would like to know where can I find information (prices, schedule) about the BUS that I can take from the Airport to the City of Maastricht!

4 Answers Aug 8, 2012 at 11:27 AM
    • trip to venlo

Venlo Jun 5, 2012 at 9:44 PM

my sister and i plan to visit floriade 2012 in mid august. can you recommend safe, affordable / budget hotels in venlo (walking or short bus/train ride to floriade park)to stay for 3-4 nights?

is our trip plan reasonable? fly in to duesseldorf, stay 1 day, take train to venlo, stay 3-4 days for floriade, take train to amsterdam for 2 days stay, then fly out from amsterdam.

thanks! - mel

2 Answers Jun 6, 2012 at 1:02 PM
    • mhillierj's Profile Photo

8 seater Taxi availibility

Roermond May 10, 2012 at 1:50 AM

We are a party of 8 arriving for a 50th year reunion of our posting to 13 Signal Regiment, on Friday 18th May. We need to get a taxi to Effeld (near Rothenbach). Do they have 8 seater cabs available at the station or would we have to book?

4 Answers May 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    • Accommodation in Venlo

Venlo May 8, 2012 at 5:04 AM

My son and daughter in law have just been told that my grandson is going to play in the Netherlands he is staying in Kaastel de Berckt, so they want to stay as near as possible to him, but it has to be cheap, as it would be two adults i child of 3 and l baby of 15 months. They are hoping to fly ryanair into Eindhoven and fly from dusseledorf home. Can anyone recommend somewhere for them?
      Many thanks

2 Answers May 10, 2012 at 4:12 AM
    • US girls soccer (futbol) team traveling to Sittard for training and matches against European teams

Sittard Apr 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM

hi - my daughters team will be traveling to Europe this summer and will be staying at the Fitland Sittard sports centre. The girls will be staying in one facility while the parents that are traveling will be staying at the on-site hotel. Any recommendations of things to do in Sittard and surrounding areas will be welcome. We will be there approximately 9 days. Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM
    • julin's Profile Photo

Geneva to Maastricht

Maastricht Apr 20, 2012 at 1:18 PM

We are booked to stay in Zermatt in June but have just been inform of a lovely deal for a Andre Rieu concert a few days after we leave Zermatt flying from Geneva.Is there any way we can fly or go by train to Maastricht instead of going back to the UK

5 Answers Apr 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM
    • andre rieu concert

Maastricht Mar 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM

hi can anyone tell me where the best place to book table to enable us to see the concert from or would we be best to book seats for the concert itself .
      Also do you know if you can walk around the square just for a drink or is there anywhere to stand and take your own drinks and enjoy a picnic . many thanks pam and phil

2 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 6:41 AM
    • Carnival

Roermond Feb 5, 2012 at 6:42 AM

I am coming to stay with a friend on friday 17th Feb , for Carnival, will Saturday 18th or Sunday 19th be a fancy dress day for carnival?

2 Answers Feb 11, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    • groover101's Profile Photo

Cafe Shamrock in Maastricht

Maastricht Feb 2, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Does anyone know if Cafe Shamrock on Brusselestraat is still open?

5 Answers Feb 3, 2013 at 11:16 AM
    • Old hotel

Valkenburg Feb 1, 2012 at 3:37 AM

As a child I stayed in a hotel named "The grot van Lourdes" in old Valkenburg just after the war. It apparently does not exist anymore but could you avise names of current hotels in that same area please? (Underneath the castle ruins at the bottom of the Cauberg)
      Thank you in advance.

Fred Etter
      fredetr@aapt.net.au

3 Answers Feb 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM