change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 9tigers's Profile Photo

Vogelpark Avifauna

Netherlands Apr 21, 2015 at 7:30 AM

I tried to go to the web site but the English version is a working in progress, can someone tell me if the park open daily from 9 - 6PM and what is the cost for 2 seniors?

thanks!

more
    • Hostel with best atmosphere in Amsterdam?

Amsterdam Apr 3, 2015 at 9:44 AM

Hey there!

We are a group of 4 travelers age 22 and we will visit your beautiful city in the summer.

I've been looking for a nice social hostel in the middle of the city... I narrowed it down to 3 main choices:

St Christopher's at The Winston

Durty Nellys Inn

The Bulldog

All looks decent enough and are in great location, however I've been worrying a bit about the atmosphere. The first 2 doesn't have common rooms. I've been reading reviews and some say the atmosphere is not very sociable... one said "Lack of common area like other hostels is a bit of a downer. People don't seem to make friends with each other in this hostel", other "not much atmosphere within the hostel and hard to meet people outside of your room". So I'm kinda worried about that.

How is the social atmosphere in those hostels? which is the best one, social-wise?

Thanks! :)

more
    • Anne Frank family home

Amsterdam Apr 17, 2015 at 10:01 AM

I read somewhere that it is possible to visit the home in which the Otto Frank family lived before going into hiding. Is this case, and if so, where can I obtain further information?

more

thalys train from amsterdem to brussels with rail pass: Benelux-german

Amsterdam Apr 5, 2015 at 7:12 AM

do I have to reserve on these trains which is faster if I have Benelux-german pass? or with rail pass I can only do regular train which is 3 hrs and 13 mins. vs 2 hrs with the thalys train?

more
    • Litter in Dam Square?

Amsterdam Apr 4, 2015 at 9:00 AM

Hi, just curious, does anybody know what all the white litter is that I can see today on the Dam Square web cam?

more
    • Trains from Amsterdam Centraal to Assen for MotoGP

Assen Apr 20, 2015 at 5:11 AM

HI, I've been looking online at OBB to try and book a train from Centraal to Assen for the MotoGP but the website says Not Available for every train on 27th June.

Is this because they're all fully booked already?

more
    • nightlife in roosendaal

Roosendaal Apr 18, 2015 at 1:44 PM

Hi ! What options do we have to have fun in a saturday night in Roosendaal as 2 single young men?

more
    • pton's Profile Photo

ajax ticket for oversea visitor

Amsterdam Apr 16, 2015 at 5:02 AM

looking to catch the Ajax vs SC Cambuur on May 10th

sadly it will require a "dutch card" to buy

I dont want to buy the ajax tourist package or buy from viagogo as they are too expensive

Will I be able to buy the ticket on match day with local price?

thank you for your help

more
    • a VISA to enter Netherlands

Netherlands Apr 15, 2015 at 10:46 AM

I'm a British citizen and will be going for a friends wedding and just wondering would I need a VISA to enter or the equivalent? (I'm hopeless travelling alone)

more
    • what to see

Breda Mar 28, 2015 at 2:57 PM

I have 6 hours to spend in breda. Whats there to4 see

more
    • I am looking for room for rent

Zwolle Apr 20, 2015 at 3:26 AM

Hi Everybody!. My name is Irmina and I am student from Poland. I am looking for room in Zwolle near Dokter van Deenweg street, but other areas are also accepted. I will spent there 3 months, from 15th May to 18th August. I can share house or flat with other students or working people. The monthly rent should include all costs (water, gas, electricity, Internet) I will be grateful for some information.

more
    • 2nd saturday of May (May 9) - windmills festival in AmsterdamMay

Amsterdam Apr 3, 2015 at 6:38 AM

Can anyone give me information on this activity?
      Any special tour organized? If so, can we take it from train central station or bus terminal downtons?

thank you
      tremblantoise

more
    • Queen's day, or is it King's day now?

Amsterdam Apr 13, 2015 at 12:06 AM

4 years ago I landed at Shipol airport on May the 2nd. A big celebration for Queen's day was in progress, everyone was partying, and wearing orange wigs. there was lots of music and fun but no taxis to take us to our hotel. The only one who agreed left us about 5 blocks from hotel because of the crowds. We had to walk with suitcases.

A friend of mine is planning a trip to Amsterdam on May 1st or 2nd. When is this celebration going to be held? Is it better for my friend to postpone her trip for a day or 2?

Thank you for the info.

Alfredo

more
    • Simon1983's Profile Photo

Place to stay for a few months?

Amsterdam Mar 30, 2015 at 4:17 AM

I'm coming to Amsterdam in May to do some voluntary work. Does anyone know of a room / bed area I could rent for a few months?

more
    • Laundromat, washing

Amsterdam Apr 23, 2015 at 1:12 AM

Hi, i am looking for somewhere to do washing when i get to amsterdam. is this laundromat still there as it is pretty close to our hotel?
      Wassalon de Zeepbel V.O.F.
      Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 84
      1012 SE Amsterdam
      Netherlands

more
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Touring programme in Netherland

Amsterdam Apr 21, 2015 at 12:43 AM

Hi,
      We are planning a tour with motocaravan covering Netherland.
      We will be travelling with children who are 14 and 10.(both girl)
      We are planning to visit Amsterdam,Heerde,Elburg.
      Besides historical and touristic places, we would like to be in the places where inhabitants live,eat,make shopping etc.
      We would like to hear your advices about any other places that we can add to our route.
      Quality but budget is also important for your reastaurant advices.
      Thanks.

more
    • Is possible to live in Giethoorn?

Giethoorn Apr 18, 2015 at 2:02 PM

Hello! I live in Montenegro and I would like to live in Giethoorn. I really live that village.
      So, my question is: Is possible to live in Giethoorn? (permanently)

more
    • jgivens's Profile Photo

One day in Amsterdam

Amsterdam Apr 22, 2015 at 11:12 AM

My husband and I have a long layover in Amsterdam and are looking for suggestions. We land at 12:05 P.M. and fly out the next morning at 9:25 A.M. We would like to take a canal cruise in the afternoon, walk around and take in the architecture in the evening and stay in a hotel for the night. Where would be a good area in which to stay and what would be our best way to get back to the airport in the morning. Thank you in advance for all of your help. You guys always come through for me.

more
    • TambauRavelle's Profile Photo

One day trip from Amsterdam to Brussels.

Amsterdam Apr 12, 2015 at 4:41 AM

Hi, guys
      I will gonna stay in Amsterdam for 4 days entire days, and I am wondering if worth it take one day trip, from Amsterdam to Brussels !

more
    • transportation and connection keukenhof to Haarlem

Amsterdam Apr 14, 2015 at 9:29 AM

We want to buy a ticket (bus858) and entry to the garden in Keukenhof. We would take the opportunity, since we will be in the area, to visit Haarlem once the visit of the garden is over.
      Is it possible to take a bus to Haarlem and come back to Keukenhof to take 858 bus (already paid) to get back in Amsterdam the same day, of course?
      How fare is Haarlem from Keukenhof?
      thank you
      tremblantoise

more
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Train or Car in the Netherlands

Netherlands Apr 12, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Going to visit Netherlands in September. We will fly from Canada to Amsterdam and make our way down through the Netherlands and to Brussels then Paris before returning to Canada. Do we need a car in the Netherlands? Would like to see Haarlem, The Hague, Gouda, and Burges. Are there some things that we should definitely see? We have about 3 weeks for the trip and longer
      if need be.
      Any suggestions?

thanks
      Rick M

more
    • schiphol airport

Amsterdam Apr 2, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Is it easy to find a locker for 2 carryon bags in the airport?

Is the bus 858 to Keukenhof departure from the parking Schiphol is the only site where it starts?

Can someone give me the best itineray to visit Amsterdam and the outside in 4 days?

Thank you
      Tremblantoise - Québec canada

more

what else I must visit while in netherlands?

Netherlands Apr 21, 2015 at 7:32 AM

we have done:
      1) Amsterdam
      2) The Hague
      3) Haarlem
      4) Zaanse Schans
      5) Leiden
      6) Alphen aan den Rijn
      7) Rotterdam
      8) Kinderdijk
      9) Apeldoorn
      10) Arnhem
      11) Utrecht
      12) Delft
      13) Groningen and Leeuwarden

what else? we will not come back I do not want to miss anything important :)

more
    • Wlaking tour of City

Groningen Sep 4, 2014 at 11:33 AM

1. Can I do the walking tour using a Tourist map from Tourist office or is it better to go with a guide?
      2. In some cities, locals can act as a guide and charge €5 for 2 hours. Is this possible in Groningen?
      3. What about a cycle tour around Groningen? Is this recommended?

8 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 11:57 AM
    • Train costs?

Eenrum May 27, 2014 at 8:47 AM

How much would it cost to travel to eenrum from Amsterdam by train?

2 Answers May 27, 2014 at 10:07 AM
    • Outdoor activity clubs for international students

Groningen May 25, 2014 at 4:12 AM

Hi! I'm an international student at Groningen university who is really interested in outdoor activities. Back in English I went to Scouts for many years and even became a leader. I miss all the activities and fun we used to have, so I was wondering if there is a similar thing here for international students. Unfortunately my Dutch is not good enough to join a Dutch speaking group, so really the association would need to speak English. I am trying really hard to improve my Dutch though. So basically what I am looking for is an English speaking outdoors activity group, if anyone can help me I would be very appreciative. Thanks!

2 Answers May 27, 2014 at 3:26 PM
    • Outdoor activity clubs for international students

Provincie Groningen May 25, 2014 at 4:08 AM

Hi! I'm an international student at Groningen university who is really interested in outdoor activities. Back in English I went to Scouts for many years and even became a leader. I miss all the activities and fun we used to have, so I was wondering if there is a similar thing here for international students. Unfortunately my Dutch is not good enough to join a Dutch speaking group, so really the association would need to speak English. I am trying really hard to improve my Dutch though. So basically what I am looking for is an English speaking outdoors activity group, if anyone can help me I would be very appreciative. Thanks!

2 Answers May 25, 2014 at 9:55 AM
    • tempura's Profile Photo

Wadden loop

Pieterburen Apr 8, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Hello,
      We (2 adults and 1 child 10 years) plan a 3 hours wadden loop (zwerftocht) from Pieterburen. The organisator told us there is no problem to do this with a 10 years old child but I have some doubts about it. Has somebody experience with such a mud hiking ?
      Thanks a lot

4 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • Rent a bike?

Delfzijl Mar 31, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Hi, we would like to travel by ferry from Emden to Delfzijl. Is there a possibility to rent a bike in Delfzijl? We couldn´t find it in the web.
      Best Regards,
      Johann

5 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    • Packing essentials for 3 month internship at SRRC

Pieterburen Dec 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Can you please advise me of any packing essentials for a 3 month stay ( working with seals) beginning in January 2014?

3 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    • Museum location

Uithuizermeeden Oct 27, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I have visited Uithuizen and Uithuizermeeden several times, having had friends who lived in the area. The entire area is most beautiful, and if I could live in Holland (which is on my Bucket List), it would have to be Uithuizen or Uithuizermeeden. One of the places I visited was a small WWII museum, but I can't remember which town it was in. I remember it was in a very beautiful neighbourhood, with tree-lined streets, and immaculate houses, and the museum itself was nearly tree-covered. The museum had a mannequin of a Canadian soldier, whose uniform was that of a Royal Canadian Corps of Signals soldier. Can you tell me whether it is in "jou dorp of in Uithuizen".

6 Answers Oct 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    • view of the city

Groningen Oct 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Can you please tell me where to go to have a nice view on all the city? (top of some building that I can easily go to) :)
      Thanks!

3 Answers Oct 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    • museum de Buitenplaats

Groningen Apr 29, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Hey, I'm planning to drive through the northern part of the Netherlands. Museum de Buitenplaats seems like a cool place but the homepage was under construction and I couldn't get any information in English. Is this a place worth a visit? Would I have a hard time due to a language barrier?
      Thanks!!

3 Answers Jun 17, 2012 at 4:07 PM
    • ERASMUS IN GRONINGEN!

Groningen Jan 29, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Hello! I am thinking about taking a semester in Netherlands next year(sprins semester) and I am really considering Groningen.. So I would like some information abou the city, the university, student life, nightlife transortation and expenses..! Compared to Utrecht and Nijmegen which is the best choice for an international student?

5 Answers Jun 17, 2012 at 4:16 PM
    • train transportation fees

Groningen Jun 9, 2011 at 12:08 AM

pls advise me prices for train transportation in groningen

7 Answers Jun 10, 2011 at 11:48 PM
    • Adoro's Profile Photo

cruising or hopping wadden islands ?

Lauwersoog Jan 1, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Is there a possibility to make a boattrip to several wadden-islands in about 3 or 5 days ? In summer 2011 ?
      maybe Dutch and German islands ?
      starting from lauwersoog ? or other City in Groningen ?

3 Answers Feb 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    • Groningen Old Hospital

Groningen Jan 4, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I am interested in examples of revitalization of old buildings. Found short info on old hospital in Groningen, replaced (?) in its function by the new building next door. What happens with the old one? What institutions are located there nowadays? What activities?
      Thx,
      Marek

2 Answers Feb 2, 2012 at 3:44 PM
    • housing

Groningen Aug 17, 2009 at 3:00 AM

Hello,

As a French student, I'm going to spend one semester in Groningen, in the faculty of Arts. I'm searching a place to live : appartment, flatmate... Or maybe a family or a single person who has a room to rent... I could give some help in the house !
      If you know anybody who would have a place for me, tell me ! I'm coming from +/- the 30th August and stay untill the beginning of February.
      Thanks a lot,

Aurélie

2 Answers Jul 4, 2010 at 1:15 AM
    • Looking for apartments

Provincie Groningen Jun 25, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Hello!

I’m looking for apartment in Groningen on 4 people from July 26 till August 9 (on 2 weeks) near downtown.
      Can some body help to find something like that?
      Our budjet is around 1600 EURO on 2 weeks.

Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 25, 2009 at 10:52 AM
    • Coffeeshops

Groningen Mar 4, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Hello,

we´re three +30-years old laid-back guys to visit in Groningen in Easter -09. I was wondering whatkind of openhours are there in coffeeshops in general and does the Easter affect to openhours somehow?
      Is there many Clubs with live-music in Groningen and wich do you recommend? Recommend also good / inexpensive restaurant(s) near by city-center.

Many thanks in advance,

Jertishny

2 Answers Mar 4, 2009 at 10:57 PM
    • elegant night club?

Groningen Dec 7, 2007 at 3:21 AM

Hi
      jm looking fot an alegant night club in Groningen for people that are not 21 anymore. Is there any?

3 Answers Jul 4, 2010 at 1:34 AM
    • Internship in Groningen

Groningen Jan 27, 2007 at 7:44 AM

Hi guys I am planning to move to Groningen in September and I am looking for an internship. Does everybody know something about internship available in Groningen (or somewhere close) for international students?
      Thanks xx

5 Answers Aug 1, 2007 at 2:38 AM
    • Staying for free in Nieuweschans/Netherlands

Groningen Dec 12, 2006 at 5:36 AM

I seek for a place to sleep for free in Nieuweschans/Netherlands.

Thanks for every kind of help!

1 Answer Dec 12, 2006 at 11:12 AM
    • Settling there

Groningen Aug 16, 2006 at 12:13 AM

Hi,
      I badly need some information before I arrive in Groningen on the 29th of August:

1. All the phone providers' websites are in Nederlaand. If I want to get a cellphone, which provider would you recommend. All I need is good customer service and quality product. I am willing to pay up to 50 Euros per month.

2. Where is the best place to go shopping for grocery in the city?

Thank you very much for answering these questions.

Regards.
      David

2 Answers Aug 16, 2006 at 8:28 AM
    • jewish life in Groningen

Groningen Aug 5, 2006 at 4:16 PM

I am an international student who is taking a semester abroad in Groningen and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the jewish community in Groningen and whether there is available access to kosher meat. Any information that could help me out would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Aug 12, 2006 at 10:00 AM
    • mistressmau's Profile Photo

Biker friendly campsites in Groningen

Groningen Jul 4, 2006 at 4:59 AM

Can anyone tell me if there are any biker friendly campsites in Groningen please

Thanks,
      Louise

2 Answers Jul 12, 2006 at 2:41 AM
    • Camping in Groningen

Groningen Apr 10, 2006 at 6:09 AM

Hi, possibly be staying in Groningen for a couple of nights and considering camping.

Is there any good campsites in the vicinity?

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 10, 2006 at 11:55 AM
    • Catholic Church in Groningen

Groningen Mar 25, 2006 at 9:28 PM

Hello, there! on April i will visit Groningen, and with this Virtual Tourist.. I've learn a lot in Groningen... but i was also looking for the information or particular adress of a Parish (Catholic) Church, where i can attend Holy Mass, and may I know if they also have English Mass, i mean i think the language would be in Dutch during Holy Mass... Thank you so much!God Bless!

5 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    • HELP

Groningen Feb 26, 2006 at 6:58 AM

Hello, I am in need of help, I am going to take a TOEFL exam soon and I will have to give 4 universities in whitch the results are going to be posted to. One of the universities is Hanze University Groningen ... my question is if anyone could tell me what is the name of the code the one I have to write, the code of the university? And also I want to ask if someone knows and could send me also the code of Hanze University? All help eill be apreciated. Please if anyone can help me write on my e-mail: nassan@abv.bg Thank you all.

1 Answer Feb 26, 2006 at 7:32 AM
    • Where are health clubs here

Groningen Sep 29, 2005 at 6:53 AM

I'm new in Groningen and want to know where are swimming pools and gyms here?
      If not for these places i donot have any source of exercise.

Plz do let me know if anyone is aware of these.

3 Answers Apr 2, 2007 at 2:06 PM
    • peaceness98's Profile Photo

Hot air balloons &Flight simulations (fun)

Groningen Sep 24, 2005 at 7:06 AM

Hi guys,me again :-)

I'd like to try something new over the weekend...and notice there are hot air balloons flying around all the time, does anyone know where in Groningen I can book one? (telephone number, prices, etc)??

I also heard someone mention they did a pilot training flight simulation in airport eelde once...does anyone know how I can arrange one too, just for fun?

Also....if you know any other fun things to do for a weekend with friends please feel free to post your suggestions!! thanks again :)

2 Answers Sep 25, 2005 at 9:19 AM
    • searching for accomodation in leeuwarden

Groningen Aug 24, 2005 at 12:37 AM

hello!!!
      i start my uni next monday in leeuwarden (netherlands, its close to groningen)
      and i don´t have any place to stay yet!!
      please, is anybody out there who knows any kind of accomodation as fast as possible? even if its just for one week ?
      thanx and cheers
      linda

1 Answer Aug 24, 2005 at 10:20 AM
    • physiotherapy

Groningen Aug 22, 2005 at 5:23 AM

hey mates!!!
      i have been travelling to australia&mexico the last 9 month.
      now, i am thinking of doing a bachelor in physiotherapy in groningen (nethrelands)
      could anybody tell me about the study at the hanze university of groningen,
      about the "international programme of phyiotherapy" ??
      thanx ,cheers linda

3 Answers Aug 23, 2005 at 8:52 AM