Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• tempura's Profile Photo

Wadden loop

Pieterburen Apr 8, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Hello,
      We (2 adults and 1 child 10 years) plan a 3 hours wadden loop (zwerftocht) from Pieterburen. The organisator told us there is no problem to do this with a 10 years old child but I have some doubts about it. Has somebody experience with such a mud hiking ?
      Thanks a lot

more
    • Rent a bike?

Delfzijl Mar 31, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Hi, we would like to travel by ferry from Emden to Delfzijl. Is there a possibility to rent a bike in Delfzijl? We couldn´t find it in the web.
      Best Regards,
      Johann

more
    • tempura's Profile Photo

Wadden loop

Pieterburen Apr 8, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Hello,
      We (2 adults and 1 child 10 years) plan a 3 hours wadden loop (zwerftocht) from Pieterburen. The organisator told us there is no problem to do this with a 10 years old child but I have some doubts about it. Has somebody experience with such a mud hiking ?
      Thanks a lot

4 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • Rent a bike?

Delfzijl Mar 31, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Hi, we would like to travel by ferry from Emden to Delfzijl. Is there a possibility to rent a bike in Delfzijl? We couldn´t find it in the web.
      Best Regards,
      Johann

5 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    • Packing essentials for 3 month internship at SRRC

Pieterburen Dec 7, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Can you please advise me of any packing essentials for a 3 month stay ( working with seals) beginning in January 2014?

3 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM
    • Museum location

Uithuizermeeden Oct 27, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I have visited Uithuizen and Uithuizermeeden several times, having had friends who lived in the area. The entire area is most beautiful, and if I could live in Holland (which is on my Bucket List), it would have to be Uithuizen or Uithuizermeeden. One of the places I visited was a small WWII museum, but I can't remember which town it was in. I remember it was in a very beautiful neighbourhood, with tree-lined streets, and immaculate houses, and the museum itself was nearly tree-covered. The museum had a mannequin of a Canadian soldier, whose uniform was that of a Royal Canadian Corps of Signals soldier. Can you tell me whether it is in "jou dorp of in Uithuizen".

6 Answers Oct 27, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    • view of the city

Groningen Oct 7, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Can you please tell me where to go to have a nice view on all the city? (top of some building that I can easily go to) :)
      Thanks!

3 Answers Oct 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM
    • museum de Buitenplaats

Groningen Apr 29, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Hey, I'm planning to drive through the northern part of the Netherlands. Museum de Buitenplaats seems like a cool place but the homepage was under construction and I couldn't get any information in English. Is this a place worth a visit? Would I have a hard time due to a language barrier?
      Thanks!!

3 Answers Jun 17, 2012 at 4:07 PM
    • ERASMUS IN GRONINGEN!

Groningen Jan 29, 2012 at 4:39 AM

Hello! I am thinking about taking a semester in Netherlands next year(sprins semester) and I am really considering Groningen.. So I would like some information abou the city, the university, student life, nightlife transortation and expenses..! Compared to Utrecht and Nijmegen which is the best choice for an international student?

5 Answers Jun 17, 2012 at 4:16 PM
    • train transportation fees

Groningen Jun 9, 2011 at 12:08 AM

pls advise me prices for train transportation in groningen

7 Answers Jun 10, 2011 at 11:48 PM
    • Adoro's Profile Photo

cruising or hopping wadden islands ?

Lauwersoog Jan 1, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Is there a possibility to make a boattrip to several wadden-islands in about 3 or 5 days ? In summer 2011 ?
      maybe Dutch and German islands ?
      starting from lauwersoog ? or other City in Groningen ?

3 Answers Feb 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM
    • Groningen Old Hospital

Groningen Jan 4, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I am interested in examples of revitalization of old buildings. Found short info on old hospital in Groningen, replaced (?) in its function by the new building next door. What happens with the old one? What institutions are located there nowadays? What activities?
      Thx,
      Marek

2 Answers Feb 2, 2012 at 3:44 PM
    • housing

Groningen Aug 17, 2009 at 3:00 AM

Hello,

As a French student, I'm going to spend one semester in Groningen, in the faculty of Arts. I'm searching a place to live : appartment, flatmate... Or maybe a family or a single person who has a room to rent... I could give some help in the house !
      If you know anybody who would have a place for me, tell me ! I'm coming from +/- the 30th August and stay untill the beginning of February.
      Thanks a lot,

Aurélie

2 Answers Jul 4, 2010 at 1:15 AM
    • Looking for apartments

Provincie Groningen Jun 25, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Hello!

I’m looking for apartment in Groningen on 4 people from July 26 till August 9 (on 2 weeks) near downtown.
      Can some body help to find something like that?
      Our budjet is around 1600 EURO on 2 weeks.

Thanks!

1 Answer Jun 25, 2009 at 10:52 AM
    • Coffeeshops

Groningen Mar 4, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Hello,

we´re three +30-years old laid-back guys to visit in Groningen in Easter -09. I was wondering whatkind of openhours are there in coffeeshops in general and does the Easter affect to openhours somehow?
      Is there many Clubs with live-music in Groningen and wich do you recommend? Recommend also good / inexpensive restaurant(s) near by city-center.

Many thanks in advance,

Jertishny

2 Answers Mar 4, 2009 at 10:57 PM
    • elegant night club?

Groningen Dec 7, 2007 at 3:21 AM

Hi
      jm looking fot an alegant night club in Groningen for people that are not 21 anymore. Is there any?

3 Answers Jul 4, 2010 at 1:34 AM
    • Internship in Groningen

Groningen Jan 27, 2007 at 7:44 AM

Hi guys I am planning to move to Groningen in September and I am looking for an internship. Does everybody know something about internship available in Groningen (or somewhere close) for international students?
      Thanks xx

5 Answers Aug 1, 2007 at 2:38 AM
    • Staying for free in Nieuweschans/Netherlands

Groningen Dec 12, 2006 at 5:36 AM

I seek for a place to sleep for free in Nieuweschans/Netherlands.

Thanks for every kind of help!

1 Answer Dec 12, 2006 at 11:12 AM
    • Settling there

Groningen Aug 16, 2006 at 12:13 AM

Hi,
      I badly need some information before I arrive in Groningen on the 29th of August:

1. All the phone providers' websites are in Nederlaand. If I want to get a cellphone, which provider would you recommend. All I need is good customer service and quality product. I am willing to pay up to 50 Euros per month.

2. Where is the best place to go shopping for grocery in the city?

Thank you very much for answering these questions.

Regards.
      David

2 Answers Aug 16, 2006 at 8:28 AM
    • jewish life in Groningen

Groningen Aug 5, 2006 at 4:16 PM

I am an international student who is taking a semester abroad in Groningen and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the jewish community in Groningen and whether there is available access to kosher meat. Any information that could help me out would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Aug 12, 2006 at 10:00 AM
    • mistressmau's Profile Photo

Biker friendly campsites in Groningen

Groningen Jul 4, 2006 at 4:59 AM

Can anyone tell me if there are any biker friendly campsites in Groningen please

Thanks,
      Louise

2 Answers Jul 12, 2006 at 2:41 AM
    • Camping in Groningen

Groningen Apr 10, 2006 at 6:09 AM

Hi, possibly be staying in Groningen for a couple of nights and considering camping.

Is there any good campsites in the vicinity?

Thanks

2 Answers Apr 10, 2006 at 11:55 AM
    • Catholic Church in Groningen

Groningen Mar 25, 2006 at 9:28 PM

Hello, there! on April i will visit Groningen, and with this Virtual Tourist.. I've learn a lot in Groningen... but i was also looking for the information or particular adress of a Parish (Catholic) Church, where i can attend Holy Mass, and may I know if they also have English Mass, i mean i think the language would be in Dutch during Holy Mass... Thank you so much!God Bless!

5 Answers Feb 23, 2012 at 3:07 PM
    • HELP

Groningen Feb 26, 2006 at 6:58 AM

Hello, I am in need of help, I am going to take a TOEFL exam soon and I will have to give 4 universities in whitch the results are going to be posted to. One of the universities is Hanze University Groningen ... my question is if anyone could tell me what is the name of the code the one I have to write, the code of the university? And also I want to ask if someone knows and could send me also the code of Hanze University? All help eill be apreciated. Please if anyone can help me write on my e-mail: nassan@abv.bg Thank you all.

1 Answer Feb 26, 2006 at 7:32 AM
    • Where are health clubs here

Groningen Sep 29, 2005 at 6:53 AM

I'm new in Groningen and want to know where are swimming pools and gyms here?
      If not for these places i donot have any source of exercise.

Plz do let me know if anyone is aware of these.

3 Answers Apr 2, 2007 at 2:06 PM
    • peaceness98's Profile Photo

Hot air balloons &Flight simulations (fun)

Groningen Sep 24, 2005 at 7:06 AM

Hi guys,me again :-)

I'd like to try something new over the weekend...and notice there are hot air balloons flying around all the time, does anyone know where in Groningen I can book one? (telephone number, prices, etc)??

I also heard someone mention they did a pilot training flight simulation in airport eelde once...does anyone know how I can arrange one too, just for fun?

Also....if you know any other fun things to do for a weekend with friends please feel free to post your suggestions!! thanks again :)

2 Answers Sep 25, 2005 at 9:19 AM
    • searching for accomodation in leeuwarden

Groningen Aug 24, 2005 at 12:37 AM

hello!!!
      i start my uni next monday in leeuwarden (netherlands, its close to groningen)
      and i don´t have any place to stay yet!!
      please, is anybody out there who knows any kind of accomodation as fast as possible? even if its just for one week ?
      thanx and cheers
      linda

1 Answer Aug 24, 2005 at 10:20 AM
    • physiotherapy

Groningen Aug 22, 2005 at 5:23 AM

hey mates!!!
      i have been travelling to australia&mexico the last 9 month.
      now, i am thinking of doing a bachelor in physiotherapy in groningen (nethrelands)
      could anybody tell me about the study at the hanze university of groningen,
      about the "international programme of phyiotherapy" ??
      thanx ,cheers linda

3 Answers Aug 23, 2005 at 8:52 AM
    • physiotherapy

Groningen Aug 20, 2005 at 7:39 AM

hey mates!!
      last year i travelled around australia, and came back three month ago.
      Now, its time to decide what i wanna do in my life.

I heard about the hanzeschool university of groningen and thinkin about doing a bachelor of physiotherapy. ( international programme of physiotherapy )
      Is anybody out there who is already studying that, who could tell me about it ????????
      thanx & see you later
      linda

1 Answer Feb 20, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    • caro.'s Profile Photo

Looking for an appartment in Groningen

Groningen Aug 13, 2005 at 10:32 AM

Hey hey!
      I will be going to the university of Groningen for a semester starting in February 2006, and I would like some advices as to where can I look to find an apartment.. like any web sites, and any english or french newspapers that would have classified adds for appartment for rent...or any other suggestions?? (I saw there is a newspaper from the university itself, but I don't have the required password to access it yet...)

I am looking for something not too expensive, 1 1/2 or 2 1/2, at a reasonable distance from the university...

Thanks a lot!
      Caro

3 Answers Aug 14, 2005 at 12:19 AM
    • Where to party ?

Groningen Jul 21, 2005 at 7:19 AM

Hi All

I am arriving in Groningen on the 29th of July (Friday). As I am only staying for one night can anyone recommend a good night club ? Many Thanks Pam

2 Answers Jul 24, 2005 at 7:29 AM
    • peaceness98's Profile Photo

Organising a Tourist trip from Groningen

Groningen Jul 17, 2005 at 7:03 AM

I've been in Groningen for a few months now, and will have some close friends visiting this week, would like to organise a nice time for them while here (I have a car)
      Where would you take your friends? (we're all in our early/mid twenties)
      1. In Groningen
      2. Throughout Holland (amsterdam, rotterdam, etc day trips)
      3. Germany (I know its a short drive from Groningen, but never went there!)

We're interested in unique experiences (i.e. outdoor festivals, circuses, musicals, outdoor fun, etc), with english speaking facilities

Thanks in advance :-)

6 Answers Jul 18, 2005 at 9:03 AM