Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Grady_S's Profile Photo

About food and places to eat in Leeuwarden

Leeuwarden Apr 15, 2014 at 4:33 AM

Where can I eat cheap in Leeuwarden?
      Looking for cheap places to eat

2 Answers Apr 15, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • what's the best and cheapest way to get there from Amsterdam in April ?

Nijeholtpade Jan 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Hi,
      Could somebody prompt me how to get from Amsterdam to Nijeholtpade on 13 April?
      Is there a direct bus? Or a train?
      Or perhpas a good carpooling service ?

Many thanks for your help.

Agnieszka

4 Answers Jan 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM
    • Train ticket price in euro Amsterdam to Leeuwarden and bus

Leeuwarden Dec 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM

looking for the cheapest price to Leeuwarden from Amsterdam Bus or train taking into account train to Alkmaar

4 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM
    • about the water...

Leeuwarden Aug 23, 2013 at 5:55 AM

Hi! I wanted to know about the water... is it safe to drink from the tap? or is it better to drink bottled water?

5 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 1:38 AM
    • JanW37's Profile Photo

Transportation

Hindeloopen May 21, 2013 at 5:11 AM

How do I get from Sciphol ti Hindeloopen with public transportation?
      Jan

5 Answers May 23, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    • Luggage Locker at Leeuwarten train station

Leeuwarden Aug 17, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Is there a place at Leeuwarten train station to store luggage while site seeing?

2 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 12:57 PM
    • ladytraveller707

Zurich Jan 27, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Thanx very much for LEICS reply. Regarding our short 11 hours short stay @ zurich,we are Indian National.
      Appreciate your help

7 Answers Jan 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM
    • Nes Netherlands

Ameland Apr 26, 2011 at 12:06 PM

How can I get from Amsterdam airport to Nes? How long is the trip? Is there a direct bus or train service?

19 Answers Apr 29, 2011 at 2:30 PM
    • ancestors

Piaam Mar 13, 2010 at 4:42 PM

I have visited Piaam once, but briefly. I know that some of my ancestors lived there. My grandfather was Symen Grasman, my grandmother was Wypkje Lousma.
      (the U.S. astronaut, Jack Lousma is related)

The records show they lived there, or in the area, about 1855. Does anyone have information about that family name.

2 Answers Mar 14, 2010 at 3:14 AM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

From Schipol airport to Texel

Provincie Friesland Sep 7, 2008 at 7:49 AM

I shall be arriving on 7 October 08 at Schipol and i would like to head for Texel island. i understand i have to take a train to Den Helder to get a bus to the ferry.
      1)Do i get off at Den Helder or at Den Helder Zuid station?
      2)Since I will be staying 2 nights on Texel island, can i buy a return ferry ticket?
      3) From Texel, I shall be heading for Roosendaal. Any idea how long it will take me to get there? Many thanks

6 Answers Sep 8, 2008 at 12:04 AM
    • How crowded is Terschelling in June?

Terschelling May 14, 2008 at 1:32 AM

Hi everybody

I want to take a quick holiday on Terschelling in June but I was wondering if it's going to be crowded with tourists.

I'm really looking for a nice, quiet holiday to enjoy the beach and the wind so I prefer not too much people. Bit selfish... ;)

I like to hear from you guys! If it's the case that june's a busy month on Terschelling, which months would you suggest to go for a quiet holiday?

thanks, groetjes van Vlaanderen, Elke

5 Answers May 14, 2008 at 7:09 AM
    • Fantasmine's Profile Photo

Terschelling bed &breakfast

Terschelling Mar 2, 2008 at 2:07 PM

We are going to Terschelling from March 20 to 21st.
      Can we just go there and find something or do you
      advice to reserve in advance?
      I was searching by internet and I couldn't find a
      B&B for 4 (we are 2 adults+ 2 small children 4 and 2 years old), it only showed prices for 2, but I'll continue searching.
      Also if you have more information about what to see, what to do there...
      Thank you very much,

6 Answers Mar 4, 2008 at 10:48 PM
    • Tour guide for Sneek

Sneek Nov 16, 2007 at 4:34 PM

Hi folks:

I am planning a trip with some friends to cruise the Canals of Friesland and wanted to know if anyone has had experience with any tour guides for Sneek? Are there any good markets (i.e. market days?) Which are the best restaurants / bars etc. in Sneek. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards, Dave Melnyk, Toronto, Canada

3 Answers Nov 17, 2007 at 2:20 AM
    • hrothgarorange's Profile Photo

3 days in Friesland

Provincie Friesland Apr 22, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Hello,
      I'm planning a long weekend trip to Friesland and I'm looking for advice on where to go - especially for cycling, swimming (yes even in very cold water!), and kayaking.
      So far, I'm planning on spending a day in Heeg to see the Friesland lake region, and then another day on Schiermonnikoog. Mainly however, I would like to know what are the nicest/quaintest/"most Frisian" cities to visit in Friesland for a good Friesland experience!
      Thank you!

3 Answers Apr 28, 2007 at 3:47 AM
    • didgeridorien's Profile Photo

Campground

Leeuwarden May 18, 2006 at 6:55 AM

Does anyone know of a good campground near Leeuwarden. Or a cheap hostel in Leeuwarden? Cheers!

1 Answer May 18, 2006 at 10:58 AM
    • rentals

Provincie Friesland May 11, 2006 at 7:49 PM

looking for rental from july 13 to aug 3rd for two adults and two children age 5 and 9 anyone got any ideas??? would like to be close to NyBeets

3 Answers May 12, 2006 at 8:12 AM
    • looking for room

Leeuwarden Apr 24, 2006 at 3:26 PM

I am looking a room in Leeuwarden.i will move there on september 2006. i can afford the price from 150 to 230 euro per month. i don't mind to share a room. i'm a girl. i study at NHL. my phone number: 0641772111.and email: vi_12003@yahoo.com

2 Answers Apr 25, 2006 at 10:34 AM
    • lubama05's Profile Photo

Where to go on Terschelling with young kids

Terschelling Mar 20, 2006 at 12:51 PM

I have three kids, the eldest has just turned four, the second is two and a half, and there is a four months old baby. Where can I find family (and purse)friendly accomodation? What sites to see, things to do? Places to avoid? Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Jul 13, 2007 at 2:50 PM
    • Vio1's Profile Photo

Heerenveen transportation?

Heerenveen Dec 30, 2005 at 3:50 PM

Hello!

How can I travel from Heerenveen to Maastricht? I'm planning on going for a day in Heerenveen and I can't leave earlier than 11:00 pm, but I do need to be in Maastricht next morning by 8:00 am
      Can anyone have an ideea? I understand that the train is not working after 10:30 pm.

Thank you

Vio

3 Answers Dec 31, 2005 at 6:29 AM
    • Verkeer op Schiermonnikoog

Schiermonnikoog Nov 18, 2003 at 1:19 AM

Voor een onderzoek van Wageningen Universiteit ben ik op zoek naar ervaringen van toeristen en recreanten met betrekking tot het verkeer (en de overlast hiervan) op Schiermonnikoog. Het gaat dan om auto's, bussen, taxi's en fietsers en wandelaars. Zou u kunnen laten weten of u het te druk / te vol vindt op de weg en in het dorp? Alvast bedankt voor uw hulp aan dit onderzoek.

3 Answers Nov 18, 2003 at 11:03 AM
    • Getting to Oldeboorn

Provincie Friesland Oct 8, 2003 at 11:04 AM

I'll be in Amsterdam next week and think it would be great to find out where my ancestors are from. Unfortunately they live in Oldeboorn which seems near to impossible to get to. I see in the past someone mentioned getting a taxi after taking a bus, but is that really the only option? Unless I rent a car, which maybe I should just do? Thank you - Tennille

5 Answers Oct 8, 2003 at 11:33 PM
    • appaloosy's Profile Photo

Friesian Horse Farm in Oldeboorn?

Provincie Friesland Apr 17, 2003 at 7:26 AM

I would like to visit this Friesian horse farm : http://www.henswoude.nl ..during my trip to Amsterdam, but I am not sure how to get there, or where it is exactly (other than it seems to be located in the province of Friesland) Can anyone provide any details? Transportation to and from Amsterdam? Accessability? Any informtion would be kindly appreciated. Regards to all, Appie

9 Answers Apr 17, 2003 at 1:41 PM