Provincie Friesland Travel Answers

change location
hrothgarorange's Profile Photo

3 days in Friesland

by hrothgarorange Online Now Apr 22, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Hello,
I'm planning a long weekend trip to Friesland and I'm looking for advice on where to go - especially for cycling, swimming (yes even in very cold water!), and kayaking.
So far, I'm planning on spending a day in Heeg to see the Friesland lake region, and then another day on Schiermonnikoog. Mainly however, I would like to know what are the nicest/quaintest/"most Frisian" cities to visit in Friesland for a good Friesland experience!
Thank you!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: 3 days in Friesland

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Apr 22, 2007 at 11:39 AM

I recommend you take a look at: http://www.visitfryslan.com/default.asp

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

by vtveen Online Now Apr 22, 2007 at 12:22 PM

In Friesland we do (or better did) have the famous Elfsteden Speed Skating Tour; nowadays also as a biking, walking, skeelering etc tour. Pick one or more of these famous Frisian cities.

See for more info: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfste...

happy travels
    Jaap

• marco-aka-sailor's Profile Photo

by marco-aka-sailor Online Now Apr 28, 2007 at 3:47 AM

When you go to Schiermonnikoog I can advice you to go as early as possible, try to take one of the first boats and then try to cycle around the whole Island. My favorite part of the Island is the North west, with nice cycling paths and great nature. You will see a lot of different things come to gether over there, like sanddunes, forest and kwelder, that is dutch for specific kind of land, almost soaked with water. Only to have a proper dinner you need to get back to the only village on the Island.

Anyhow, have fun!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Provincie Friesland Travel Answer Locations