change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Ladyshippers's Profile Photo

Is it possible to travel byTaxis easily around Assen/TT circuit area

Assen 10 hours ago

This follows from a previous question, which I've had help with, thanks to this great forum. My son and a friend are travelling to Assen to see the British Superbikes racing in September. Probably looking at hotel or B&B to stay in but I just want a bit of info re getting taxis in and around Assen. The main hotels are too expensive but others may be further away from either the circuit or assen itself. A forum member has told us about the shuttle bus that will be running from Assen to the circuit but is it feasible to get taxis quite easily, either to the circuit or to Assen? Without it costing too much as well, I hope.

They are flying into Groningen and will go from there to whichever place they are going to stay in, possibly via Assen, depending on where they end up staying.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

more

We are looking for advice on travelling to the T.T. Circuit at Assen from the U.K.

Assen Jul 19, 2014 at 1:55 PM

We are loooking at travel options from southern U.K. to the Assen T.T. circuit, for the September race weekend featuring British Superbikes. I'm trying to arrange this for my son as a 40th Birthday present. I've looked at goinf by car using the ferry from Harwich to The Hook of Holland but it's a bit pricey and Harwich is quite a drive from here. If there is a way of going without having to travel by car but able to take camping gear, then might be a better option and no need to worry about a car breaking down etc., Would consider going by air, in camping stuff can go too, then by train or hire car maybe. Any advice on what would be feasible will be very gratefully received. My son can be significantly disabled by severe spinal problems and pain, so I'm trying to find the easiest and most sensible options for him, especially as he hasn't been able to have any kind of holiday for well over 10 years. I will ask about staying in a hotel if that seems a better idea, as long as it would be easy to get to and from the circuit.

Any help and suggestions, as I said before, will be gratefully received.

more

Popular Provincie Drenthe Travel Answer Locations

Is it possible to travel byTaxis easily around Assen/TT circuit area

Assen 10 hours ago

This follows from a previous question, which I've had help with, thanks to this great forum. My son and a friend are travelling to Assen to see the British Superbikes racing in September. Probably looking at hotel or B&B to stay in but I just want a bit of info re getting taxis in and around Assen. The main hotels are too expensive but others may be further away from either the circuit or assen itself. A forum member has told us about the shuttle bus that will be running from Assen to the circuit but is it feasible to get taxis quite easily, either to the circuit or to Assen? Without it costing too much as well, I hope.

They are flying into Groningen and will go from there to whichever place they are going to stay in, possibly via Assen, depending on where they end up staying.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

2 Answers 3 hours ago

We are looking for advice on travelling to the T.T. Circuit at Assen from the U.K.

Assen Jul 19, 2014 at 1:55 PM

We are loooking at travel options from southern U.K. to the Assen T.T. circuit, for the September race weekend featuring British Superbikes. I'm trying to arrange this for my son as a 40th Birthday present. I've looked at goinf by car using the ferry from Harwich to The Hook of Holland but it's a bit pricey and Harwich is quite a drive from here. If there is a way of going without having to travel by car but able to take camping gear, then might be a better option and no need to worry about a car breaking down etc., Would consider going by air, in camping stuff can go too, then by train or hire car maybe. Any advice on what would be feasible will be very gratefully received. My son can be significantly disabled by severe spinal problems and pain, so I'm trying to find the easiest and most sensible options for him, especially as he hasn't been able to have any kind of holiday for well over 10 years. I will ask about staying in a hotel if that seems a better idea, as long as it would be easy to get to and from the circuit.

Any help and suggestions, as I said before, will be gratefully received.

9 Answers 10 hours ago
    • Question help me

Dwingeloo Mar 19, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Good morning;

I am from Spain, years ago I was in Dwingeloo, and met people in a shelter there.
      Said me that no longer exists, can you tell me your names so I can contact shelters.

Thank you

From Spain

Raquel

1 Answer Mar 19, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    • Good tour guides

Nieuw-Amsterdam Mar 13, 2014 at 10:48 PM

We would like to take some small group tours to towns outside of Amsterdam

We have used Viator tours before,but we would rather use small group tours.

Any suggestions?

5 Answers Mar 14, 2014 at 10:48 AM
    • Good cake stores/bakeries?

Hoogeveen Aug 24, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Where can I order a birthday cake for my boyfriend? I want it delivered too. :)

6 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 12:23 AM
    • Bike-Barge Tour from Assen?

Assen Aug 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I have been looking for a combined bicycling-barge tour that would include Drenthe and Assen. Can anyone direct me to one?

1 Answer Aug 25, 2013 at 1:38 AM
    • Travel to Assen raceway from Amsterdam

Assen May 16, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Hi please help, I would like to travel via train if possible from Amsterdam to Assen for MotoGp, approx travel time? And route?

6 Answers May 16, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    • Transportation from Dwingeloo to Assen Circuit on 30 June 2012

Assen Jun 27, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Hi,
      I'd be grateful if someone would inform me of the most efficient and cost effective means of travelling from Dwingeloo to Assen Circuit, please. How far is Dwingeloo from the Circuit? Is it possible to travel by train/bus or even to walk/cycle there. Many thanks.

3 Answers Jun 28, 2012 at 5:17 AM
    • silverskater's Profile Photo

Left luggage at Assen railway station

Assen Jun 9, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Does anyone know if there anywhere you can leave luggage at or around Assen railway station. I'm going to the MotoGP in a couple of weeks and don't want to lug my backpack around with me.

4 Answers Jun 12, 2012 at 5:07 AM
    • Travel To Koeln

Assen May 17, 2012 at 12:54 AM

How can I get by train from Koeln to Assen

2 Answers May 17, 2012 at 1:11 AM
    • Train or taxi?

Zandvoort Jan 17, 2012 at 4:50 PM

When traveling from Schiphol to Zaldvoort, and taking in account that we are three people, would it be cheaper to get a taxi or the train?
      Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 18, 2012 at 8:59 AM
    • gyms and dance in emmen

Emmen Aug 1, 2010 at 2:16 AM

Please would you let me know of anywhere in emmen that does aerobics and/or dance.Thank you.

2 Answers Aug 1, 2010 at 7:47 AM
    • jjdh-y's Profile Photo

Transportation from the TT Circuit to Assen

Assen Jun 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM

I see from the forum that there is easy transportation from the city of Assen to the TT Circuit. It's about 4 euros from the train station there - anyone know the frequency in which the train/bus leaves the station e.g., every 1/2 hour or what? How 'bout transportation from the circuit back to the city?

Thanks
      Jacqueline

2 Answers Jun 16, 2009 at 10:10 PM
    • bus service

Provincie Drenthe Jun 5, 2009 at 5:19 AM

hello myself and my friend want to travel by bus from camping de berken gasselte to assen for tt nite in assen on the friday night any help with the bus service number last bus to gasselte ect would be very helpful.many thanks doug

5 Answers Jun 10, 2009 at 11:42 PM
    • assen help!!!

Assen May 16, 2009 at 6:53 AM

hello i am from greece and i need your help!!!i will be in amsterdam at 13 of september at 11:30 in the morning.i want to go to assen the same day for the tattoo convention.can i make it or is it too far?how can i be there in time?

3 Answers May 17, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    • Is there public transportation to TT circuit?

Assen May 9, 2009 at 5:15 AM

I want to attend the MotoGP in Assen in June 2009. Is there public transportation to get me from Assen train station to the TT circuit?

2 Answers May 10, 2009 at 11:33 AM
    • Has anybody been to Noordwijk

Noordwijk Mar 29, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I have an opportunity to visit Noordwijk, but I know nothing about it. Has anybody been there and what can you tell me? Is there much to do and see there? Can I get around by myself, only speaking English?
      Thanks,

3 Answers Mar 29, 2009 at 11:39 PM
    • trains

Assen Jan 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM

looking 4 train times from amsterdan 2 assen

3 Answers Jan 12, 2009 at 10:11 PM
    • Dortmund-Assenn

Assen Jul 29, 2008 at 7:29 AM

Hi are there trains from Dortmund (Germany) to Assen? how long does it take? any web link?
      Is the "TT Circuit" where Iron Maiden will play, the same as the racing motorcycle circuit?

Thanks
      SAM

4 Answers Jul 31, 2008 at 3:32 AM
    • Assen in the town?

Assen Jul 5, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Is there any coffee shops or is that type of thing only in Amsterdam?

4 Answers Jul 5, 2008 at 4:55 PM
    • Help needed!!

Assen Apr 22, 2007 at 6:12 AM

Hiya

Hope someone can help!! I am taking my Man to see the TT in Assen this June and I am unsure of the best travel accomodation?
      I.e. do we stay in Amsterdam and travel to Assen on the day?
      How long is the train from Amsterdam to Assen
      Or should we stay in Assen?

Thank you

3 Answers Apr 22, 2007 at 10:38 PM
    • jeoren's Profile Photo

Things to do around 'Beilen'

Provincie Drenthe Oct 4, 2006 at 8:53 AM

Who can tell me some interesting things to do around the village 'Beilen' in Drenthe for a group of 20-25 year old people?

1 Answer Oct 4, 2006 at 10:34 AM
    • Traveling from Desselt to Assen

Assen Sep 24, 2006 at 3:14 AM

I have recently moved to the Netherlands. I am considering renting a place in Desselt about 15 miles from Assen. I would rather not use a personal vehicle, so would you tell me the best method of traveling from Desselt to Assen using bus/train? Thanks for you help.

3 Answers Sep 24, 2006 at 3:47 AM
    • rushmurad's Profile Photo

Train from Assen To Schipol

Assen May 3, 2006 at 11:28 PM

I'm having a workshop in Assen and need to catch flight in Schipol at 2035 hrs on the same day.
      What is the train schedule look like? How long it takes to travel from Assen to Schipol?

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers May 4, 2006 at 5:45 AM
    • train, travel

Hollandscheveld Jan 8, 2006 at 12:49 PM

Whats the most convenient means to travel to Hollandscheveld from Westphalia, either Dortmund or Gelserkinchen in Germany? Are there trains that go straight there from the said German cities and how much would the typical fares be? I'll most likely be coming from Dortmund and want to visit a friend over but I don't want to drive. Thank you for your advice.

2 Answers Jan 8, 2006 at 9:55 PM
    • assen circuit

Assen Jun 14, 2005 at 6:14 AM

Hi everyone...I'm planning to go to Assen for the world moto championship race...I would like to know whether is possible to sleep inside the circuit with a camper. Is camping possible?Thanks in advance

jerry

1 Answer Jun 14, 2005 at 9:01 AM
    • Advice on the best way to get to the TT circuit

Assen Apr 28, 2005 at 4:10 PM

What are the options for travelling to the TT circuit from Assen train station?
      thanks in advance
      sanduliac

2 Answers Apr 29, 2005 at 9:00 AM
    • RAF Reunion

Nieuw-Dordrecht Mar 22, 2005 at 9:08 AM

Which is the best way to travel from Amsterdam to Nieuw Dordrecht,any trains availible.

2 Answers Mar 22, 2005 at 9:48 AM
    • Need Information on Travle between Dordrecht and Brussels

Nieuw-Dordrecht Feb 25, 2005 at 3:52 AM

Hi Kind souls on Vitual Trourist

I'm planning a Trip to Dordrecht with my Wife between Late April - May 2005 , I would like to know following

1. How easy it is to commute between Dordrecht and Amsterdam ? are there any website for tarin timings etc ?

2. Then we plan to move from Dordrecht to Brussels and Paris , what are the best Train connections ? any websites to give such info will b really appreciated.

3. would like to know a couple who can show us around in Dordrecht.

Many thanks for all who would read this mail.

5 Answers Feb 28, 2005 at 5:21 AM
    • Ryan Air or other service between London Stansted and Eelde

Eelde Nov 16, 2004 at 11:09 PM

The very convenient morning flight from Stansted to Eelde has been cancelled, I believe. I travel from Canada's far-west coast to Eelde and enjoyed flying Air Canada from Vancouver to London (Heathrow), then taking the bus to Stansted and catching the one hour flight to Eelde. It was quick and reasonable! I am at a loss now that this valuable service has been changed (the new time schedule would necessitate a sleep-over in/near London and who can afford that!). Any suggestions would be very welcome. Aimee Botje Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

2 Answers Nov 17, 2004 at 9:46 AM