Provincia del Chubut

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Punta Tambo

Puerto Madryn Jan 26, 2014 at 6:16 PM

Is Punta Tambo doable for a person in a wheelchair? I see that there are gravel paths and not sure whether this is loose gravel (hard in a wheelchair) or whether the gravel is tighter. Thoughts? Thanks.

3 Answers Jan 26, 2014 at 9:25 PM
    • Peninsula Valdes

Puerto Madryn Nov 25, 2013 at 7:46 PM

What is the best way to get from EZE to Puerto Madryn. How many days would you recommend staying to see the peninsula. Where should we be on Christmas? Thank you.

3 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    • from esquel to bariloche

Esquel Oct 12, 2011 at 1:31 PM

we are planning get esquel at the first week of dec 2011, we want to go to bariloche by bus or car, i will like to get more information

1 Answer Oct 22, 2011 at 6:12 AM
    • landing in Esquel

Esquel Oct 2, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Because of the volcanic ash my flight from El calafate to Bariloche was moved to Esquel airport.Arriving 15.30 afternoon on the 16.10.11.
      Is there a transportaion from the airport to Bariloche?

4 Answers Oct 12, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    • clothing and shoes needed for visit in November

Puerto Madryn Sep 3, 2011 at 6:39 PM

What kind of clothing and especially shoes do I need to a visit to Puerto Madryn to see the penguins and for a whaling adventure?

2 Answers Sep 4, 2011 at 2:42 AM
    • Punta Tombo Admission Fees

Puerto Madryn Dec 3, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Does anyone know if they accept US dollars or credit cards?

7 Answers Dec 4, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    • Car Rental to Punta Tombo

Puerto Madryn Nov 28, 2010 at 7:31 AM

Hi,

There are 5 of us wanting to pre-arrange for a rental car (no guide) to go to Punta Tombo in January. We'll be docked from 7 am to 6 pm on Thursday, January 6, 2011. Any idea of the cost? Recommendations or suggestions for a company near the pier would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

2 Answers Nov 30, 2010 at 10:34 AM
    • Penguins, Whales, Glaciers, Torres del Paine

Puerto Madryn May 16, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Hi there!

We want to hit all the abouve things and was looking for some advice on reputable tours. What is our best approach for seeing all of them while we are there? We will be going in November for about 10 days. We saw this tour from "Planet Earth, the way it used to be" which sounded perfect....anyone used them before?

travel.patagonia-argentina.c...

1 Answer May 17, 2010 at 5:02 AM
    • name of bus line

Puerto Pirámides Apr 6, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Hallo!

Can anybody tell me the name of a site, where i can book a bustrip to puerto piramides?

Thanks

4 Answers Apr 7, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    • oromer's Profile Photo

What to see at Peninsula Valdez in March

Puerto Madryn Nov 28, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Im going to Argentina in March, and I Will like to visit Puerto Madryn and arounds to watch the wild-life.
      I know its not the best time for whales, but does anyone know what kinds of wild-life can I see at that time?

thanks

2 Answers Nov 28, 2009 at 4:43 AM
    • bus to Pueto Madryn

Trelew Nov 18, 2009 at 5:01 PM

How many connections are between Trelew and Puerto Madryn every day? How much cost a ticket? How long is travel?

2 Answers Nov 19, 2009 at 3:07 PM
    • Tel50's Profile Photo

The Welsh in Patagonia

Puerto Madryn Nov 1, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Hi, we are visiting Puerto Madryn on a cruise ship in January. Being Welsh the only places we want to visit are Gaiman or Trelew. There is an excursion from the ship but it visits penguins as well and we just want to go to visit the Welsh. Any suggestions as to how we get there? Thanks

5 Answers Nov 5, 2009 at 8:20 AM
    • firstchild's Profile Photo

Toshin tours are they reliable?

Provincia del Chubut Sep 2, 2009 at 3:18 PM

Hello,
      I am making reservations through Toshin tours. Are they reliable? THe reason I ask is that I am a little worried that they haven't ask me for payment until I arrive. Also the itinerary is in a word document which doesn't provide as much detail as I wanted.

I've already paid my local flights within Argentina which are separate from the tour. Should I have a back up plan ready in case no one shows up at the airport to pick us up? Meaning can local tours be arranged in Puerto Madryn upon arrival and check in our hotel for the next day?

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

2 Answers Sep 2, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Booking Aerolineas Argentina from Canada

Provincia del Chubut Aug 30, 2009 at 6:35 PM

Hi,
      Thanks for all the information that I've received to date! I have one more question, I've made reservations through Aerolineas Argentina for flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu to Trelew and back to Buenos Aires. It says on their website that to confirm my reservations, I have to make the payments within 24 hours at their local office. Unfortunately, I am from Canada so I'm not sure how to do it because it does not ask for my credit card.

Appreciate any help I can get from you. Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 30, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Proposed Tour Itinerary in Argentina

Provincia del Chubut Aug 26, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Hello,
      I will be flying in to join my husband in Buenos Aires on Sept. 5. I look forward to spending the week in Argentina. Here is our proposed itinerary:
      Sept. 5 - Arrive in Buenos Aires in the afternoon, spend day in B.A.
      sept. 6 - Fly to Iguazu Falls
      Sept. 7 - Stay in Iguazu Falls
      Sept. 8 - Depart Iguazu Falls and fly to El Calafate (if there are flights available).
      Sept. 9 - El Calafate
      Sept.10 - Depart from El Calafate back to Buenos Aires
      Sept. 11 - Buenos Aires

I would like to know if this itinerary is do-able. I would also consider replacing El Calafate with whale watching/sea lion and penguins if this is a better option in terms of timing.

Would love to get feedback from anyone! Thank you.

4 Answers Aug 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM

re: Need help Visiting Pantagonia in Sept 5 - 12

Provincia del Chubut Aug 16, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Hi,

Because of work, I had a chance to go to Argentina. My wife will join me at BA, and we plan to spend one week in Argentina on Sept 5 -12. I heard Pantagonia is a nice place to visit and to see the whales, penguins, and the glacier. My questions are
      1. Is it a good time to go in September.
      2 What else does Pantagonia offer?
      3 How many days is needed for this kind of trip?
      4 Is this a do-it-on our own trip or it is better to have a tour guide?

4 Answers Aug 19, 2009 at 2:16 PM
    • reynes's Profile Photo

Esquel hotel and fishing guide

Esquel Mar 27, 2009 at 10:24 AM

Can anyone recommend a good hotel and a reasonable fishing guide in Esquel.
      How far is the bus ride from San Martin de los Andes to Bariloche and Bariloche to Esquel.
      Can this be done in one day or does one need to spend the night in Bariloche.
      Any tips about fly fishing in Esquel area (names of good rivers & lakes etc). would also be helpful.
      Thanks!

3 Answers May 20, 2009 at 9:47 AM
    • bpwarne's Profile Photo

Driver/guide needed for Puerto Madryn tour

Puerto Madryn Mar 3, 2009 at 7:57 PM

We are looking for a driver/guide for a day tour of Puerto Madryn and the surrounding area. We would probably like to go to Punta Tombo to see the penguins and possibly Gaiman, the Welsh colony. We will be either two people or a group of 6-8. If you can recommend one, please help. I know you can rent a car and drive there yourself but we arrive on a cruise ship and do not have time to go to the airport to pick one up and drop it off. There does not appear to be a pickup dropoff rental spot in the town of Puerto Madryn itself.
      Thanks in advance,
      Bob & Patty

3 Answers Mar 5, 2009 at 1:00 AM
    • what to do in Puerto Madryn

Puerto Madryn Jan 19, 2009 at 10:56 AM

I'll be on a cruise and for about 8 hours in P.M.

I was told the city as such has not much to offer. Is it worth visiting the city?

what temperature should I expect on February 10th?

Is it possible to see penguins in Peninsula valdes?

I want to see penguins and other animals. What would you suggest between :
      -punta loma and tea in Gaiman
      - punta tombo and
      - peninsula valdes

thanks

2 Answers Jan 24, 2009 at 3:56 AM
    • peninsula valdes- punta lombo

Puerto Madryn Jan 13, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Can anyone help me with this one. Is punta lombo natural reserve a part of peninsula valdes? If not, which one is the most interesting?

Also, I know it may be difficult to answer but I'll also visit Punta Arenas in Chile a few days before going to Puerto madryn. In Punta Arenas I can visit the Magdalena Island or the Otway bay to see penguins. As I don't want to see the same thing twice, which one would you recommend between Magdalena Island, Otway bay, lombo natural reserve or peninsula valdes??

thanks

3 Answers Feb 22, 2009 at 11:58 AM
    • Punta Tomba and Peninsula Valdes tours

Provincia del Chubut Sep 9, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Hi,

I like to do 1 day Punta Tomba and 1 day Peninsula Valdes tour plus whale watching in late November.

Which company you recommend:
      El Gualicho
      Tito Bottazzi
      Nieve Mar
      or anyone else?

I assume best place to stay is Pto. Madryn as it is right in the middle of both places.

Thanks for your help, Ushi

3 Answers Feb 25, 2009 at 8:46 AM
    • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Las Restingas Hotel

Puerto Pirámides Sep 7, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Has anyone been to the Las Restingas hotel? Or can anyone tell me what the local neighborhood is like? There is one review on Tripadvisor that says that there is a noisy nightclub across the street that makes sleeping impossible. ( All other reviews seem to be blatant fakes. )

3 Answers Sep 8, 2008 at 5:48 AM
    • HarmoniousBotch's Profile Photo

Getting around Trelew

Trelew Aug 27, 2008 at 11:55 AM

We will be coming in to Trelew from P Madryn by car or bus ( we have not decided yet ), staying for the night, then flying out. So, I have several questions:

1) Can I rent a car in PM and drop it off in Trelew without a huge fee?
      2) Can I drop the car off at the Trelew airport?
      3) If we use a bus, can we get from the bus station to a modest hotel to the airport easily?
      4) How soon should we be at the airport for an Aerolineas Argentinas flight that leaves at 8:15am?

Thanks
      -HB

1 Answer Aug 28, 2008 at 2:07 PM
    • Car parking in Puerto Madryn

Puerto Madryn Jun 12, 2008 at 10:12 AM

Hi,

I'm planning to rent a car to go to Peninsula Valdes. On my last day before heading out to BA by bus, I will be in Puerto Madryn. What are the parking restrictions like there?

3 Answers Jun 17, 2008 at 9:49 AM
    • Travelling to Peninsula Valdes

Puerto Madryn Apr 17, 2008 at 4:58 AM

Hi all,

Planning to drive around Peninsula Valdes from Puerto Madryn. How much time do I need to see the whole area and do you recommend a 4WD to drive on the gravel roads there? Also, can you tell me which rental firms are best to hire cars from?

Many thanks

3 Answers Apr 19, 2008 at 10:48 AM
    • Car rental tips for La Cuarenta road trip?

Provincia del Chubut Dec 30, 2007 at 10:46 PM

Hi all,

Some friends and I are planning to fly into Comodoro Rivadavia and drive all the way to El Calafate (seeing Cueva De Las Manos, PN Perito Moreno, and Sector Fitz Roy along the way).

I've been trying to get quotes for a car rental and it is proving tricky. The one place that got back to my emails (Dubrovnik) came out pretty pricey (US$1700 + US$400 for the drop-off fee). I'm hoping that we can get something for about half of that, given what I've read. We don't need a 4x4, just a big enough to car to hold 4 of us plus our backpacks.

If anyone out there has a rental agency or person to recommend, or any other tips to get this squared away before we travel, I'd much appreciate it. Thanks!

- Lawrence

• Good places to stay in Rada Tilly?

Rada Tilly Dec 30, 2007 at 10:40 PM

I'm going to be flying into Comodoro Rivadavia before heading out on a road trip down La Cuarenta to El Calafate. Rada Tilly looks like a nice place to stay ... anyone have a recomendation for a hotel there?

Thanks,

Lawrence

1 Answer Jan 3, 2008 at 6:59 AM
    • Peninsula Valdes tours or tour guides

Puerto Madryn Nov 6, 2007 at 10:39 AM

Four of us will be in Puerto Madryn Feb. 13. We'd like to see as much of the Peninsula Valdes as possible on that day, including Punto Norte and the penguins at Estancia San Lorenzo. Does anyone know of a tour company or a person who might offer tours to that area? We've found day tours, but none go to the destinations we mentioned. The guide books are confusing.
      Thanks.

7 Answers Jan 13, 2009 at 3:47 PM
    • SteveDarden's Profile Photo

Puerto Madryn hotel recommendation

Puerto Madryn Nov 4, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Perhaps my research is poorly done, but it seems that good quality + value hotels are hard to find in the Peninsula Valdes area. Any advice on favorite hotels in roughly the US$ 100-150 range for a week mid-November would be appreciated.

The Hotel Territorio looks superb at250/night!! I tried Dilos for a resv at Bahia Nueva, but the reply was negative.

5 Answers Nov 8, 2007 at 3:31 PM
    • raandaka's Profile Photo

Punta Tombo and Reserva Natural Cabo Dos bahias

Puerto Madryn Sep 18, 2007 at 3:58 AM

We're planning to visit Punta Tombo in late November(with a hire car). I'm looking for information / advice re whether it is possible / would be realistic / or indeed whether worthwhile to continue from Punta Tombo down to the Reserva Natural Cabo Dos Bahias (some 35kms south east of Camarones) and get back to the Trelew / Welsh villages area in a day trip, (I realise it would be a long day), or whether it would be better to stay overnight in Camarones?

Also, is Reserva Natural Cabo Dos Bahias recommended in terms of offering experiences over / above / different to that on Valdes and Punta Tombo?

Many Thanks!