Provincia de Santiago de Cuba

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safe place for luggage

Cuba 3 hours ago

We are going for 2 weeks, first to explore then an all inclusive. I want to pack light when we explore so we don't have to haul our big luggage but I don't want to not have a lot for the resort as well as we are bringing gifts for our friends there. I'm wondering if there would be a safe place we could put our bags for the first week that we would use at the resort? Or is it safe to just leave everything in whatever hotel we are in? Any suggestions are welcomed

more
    • JamieM_71's Profile Photo

Family-friendly Mirimar hotels.

Havana Apr 18, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Has anyone traveled to Havana as a family? In particular Mirimar. Many/most hotels are not allowing four to a room. I'm looking for feedback from those who might have spent time in this awesome city. Thanks everyone!

more
    • Recommended Clubs and Safe Way to Get Back to the Resort??

Varadero Apr 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM

Hi! We're a group of late 20s/early 30s females looking to experience the nightlife in Varadero this weekend. Are there any recommendations for a fun safe club that plays mostly top 40 / usual club music? Also, how easy is it to get a reliable taxi around 2/3 am outside of the clubs? Welcome any tips/advice! Thanks!!

more
    • travel- varadero to Cienfuegos

Cienfuegos Apr 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Hi, I wanted to know what the best mode of transportation is to get from Varadero to Cienfuegos. Also keep in mind we are two adults a 9 year old and a 1.5 year old.

Also, is el Nicho suitable to go with the whole family?

Thanks,
      Melisa

more
    • Getting from Havana to Cayo coco

Cuba 3 hours ago

Does anyone know if there is a bus that runs from Havana to Cayo coco? Also if we were to fly would we book from Canada or cuba?

more
    • Heading to Cuba on a honeymoon. Any suggestions?

Cuba 23 hours ago

We are heading to Cuba for our honeymoon for 2 weeks, first we want to explore cuba on our own then we are heading to our second home at a resort in Cayo Coco. Im just wondering where we should go, where are must sees and how long we should stay in each place. we are Canadaian and thinking of flying into varadero then bussing to havana then at the end of the week flying to cayo coco for our all inclusive. Any other suggestions? Anywhere suggested to stay? Should we book hotels before we leave canada? Should we book flights before? Any suggestions would be great! Been to cuba lots but only on resorts and never ventured out. The first week we want to see and do as much as we can then the last week relax. Thanks!

more
    • LuluAna's Profile Photo

Casas particulares?

Varadero Apr 10, 2014 at 9:19 PM

Hello Varadero aficionados,

I know that Varadero is rich with resorts, but I was curious to know if anyone was aware of any casa particulares that are in the city. I am not a huge fan of resorts, but I do want to see Varadero because it seems like everyone has gone except for me! :P

If anyone knows of any, or would even recommend one that they stayed at that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance!

Lulu

more
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Amenities at cayo Santa Maria memories resort

Cayo Santa María Apr 17, 2014 at 9:59 PM

Are there safes? Do they cost extra? Do they have a doctor onsite? Is the food safe? I have 2 kids and a pregnant lady coming along. I hear there are many Mosquitos, are they dangerous? How is the ground room floor with terrace? Any bugs? How can I call Canada or someone call me? Do I pay extra in room even if someone calls me? What's the plug I need, voltage . Are there activities and going to city is it complicated?
      Leaving Monday so appreciate the answers.

more
    • zip line and how long how much

Varadero Apr 3, 2014 at 6:47 AM

i was planning a trip to varadero and was wondering if they had a zip line adventure

more
    • Expression of Gratitude and Photo Request

Cayo Coco Apr 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Cayo Coco was a magical retreat for a city slicker living life with blinders. How do I express my gratitude to those who enriched my stay at the Colonial? I would like to ensure that their managers are aware of the exemplary treatment that I received at many levels....A particular cowboy gentleman with white vinyl hat and horse named Muldalvo took us on a magnificent carriage ride that filled out hearts with smiles. But my battery died and I have no photos capturing this special experience!! Any idea how I might contact his supervisor to convey both my gratitude and to request an on-line photo? Alas, already back to my mundane life in Toronto I long to return to Cayo Coco....

more

Popular Provincia de Santiago de Cuba Travel Answer Locations

• Brewelito's Profile Photo

Visit to Cuba

Santiago de Cuba Jul 23, 2013 at 8:07 AM

is it safe for a young american mother to travel to Cuba with her 6 month old son to practice Santeria.?

10 Answers Jul 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM
    • Flametopblue's Profile Photo

taxis

Santiago de Cuba May 24, 2013 at 3:53 AM

what is the average cost of a taxi from the airport to the melia santiago?

2 Answers May 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    • Suzanne_M's Profile Photo

CHRISTMAS 2012 IN SANTIAGO?

Provincia de Santiago de Cuba Nov 5, 2012 at 3:56 AM

i have been to cuba 4 times already, using all-inclusive packages. i need to go somewhere HOT for christmas 2012 (i am off between december 21 and january 6 inclusively). my last day at work is on december 20 and i was hoping to be a plane on december 21 (i believe the prices go up starting december 22).
      i was thinking of booking a plane and a B&B (together or separately) instead of an all-inclusive so i would have the freedom of doing what i want, eating where i want, etc. would that turn out to be more expensive? or would i be better off getting an all-inclusive package anyway, even if i don't eat and drink there all the time, and then still doing my own thing?
      also, i wanted to go to SANTIAGO, but SANDY has hit that area pretty hard. what are the chances of the area being able to receive tourists on time for christmas?
      i am also a yoga teacher and i was hoping to either go to yoga schools for drop-in classes OR maybe even doing a yoga-stay / retreat? is that possible? how is the yoga in cuba? what place would be best for yoga? (i would prefer to take the classes in spanish).

1 Answer Nov 5, 2012 at 6:22 AM
    • Travel from Santa Maria hotel to Havana

Santa María Mar 4, 2012 at 6:28 AM

We are considering returning to Santa Maria, Cuba, as we love the area/beaches etc. However we are interested in visiting Havana for a day trip. We are looking for information on tours form the Santa Maria hotels to Havana by charter plane. Has anyone done one, what was the cost, was the trip worth the cost, etc?

1 Answer Mar 11, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    • vctanthony's Profile Photo

DIY Fishing

Santiago de Cuba Nov 24, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Will be heading to Cuba in January and would appreciate any info on shore fishing. We have fished the North Cayes on several occassions with success, however this is our first time on the Carribean side. Thanks;

• cdnagent's Profile Photo

A van and a driver required

Santiago de Cuba Mar 9, 2010 at 5:53 PM

I need a van transfer from Santiago De Cuba to the Los Galleones resort. would anyone know of a driver with a van who could do that transfer for four people? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

• allanfernanda's Profile Photo

casa particular in sueno santiago de cuba jan. 22 for 3 nights

Santiago de Cuba Jan 18, 2008 at 9:12 PM

gentle cuban lovers. please give me 4 or 6 names and phone numbers in SUENO SANTIAGO DE CUBA FROM JAN. 22 TKS SO MUCH

• A night out in Santiago de Cuba City?

Santiago de Cuba Dec 6, 2007 at 7:45 AM

Hi, I am best man to my brother who will be marrying in Cuba in early July 2008. I am trying to organise a stag night for him and perhaps 8 other friends. We'd like to eat some good food, maybe see a show (tropicana perhaps) and drink some good rum and dance. we're not looking for anything too crazy, just a fun night that will give us all an insight into life in the city.
      also if anyone has any ideas of a fun group activity or place of interest for the day time, please let me know.
      does anyone have any ideas? or perhaps a good website to visit. cool night clubs etc?
      thanks

1 Answer Dec 14, 2007 at 10:06 AM
    • Any Info would Help

Santiago de Cuba May 3, 2007 at 12:52 PM

Travelling to Brisas Siera Mar Santiago May 08th to 15th, first time to Cuba. Any info with regard to costs and locations etc greatly appreciated on hotel, scooter rental, jeep rental, excursions private lobster dinner etc,
      Thanks
      Laury

2 Answers Jan 18, 2008 at 9:29 PM
    • carnaval 2007 dates?

Santiago de Cuba Apr 30, 2007 at 3:43 PM

Hi, can anybody tell me what date the carnaval starts? Is it the 18th or the 24th of july? thanks so much!

3 Answers Jan 18, 2008 at 9:09 PM
    • Travelling May 8th-15th 2007

Provincia de Santiago de Cuba Apr 30, 2007 at 2:43 PM

First Trip to Cuba. Any info on Brisas Sierra Mar would be greatly appreciated,scooter rental, tipping, tours, charity etc.
      Thanks
      Laury

• unive's Profile Photo

from santiago to santiago airport

Provincia de Santiago de Cuba Mar 12, 2007 at 7:20 AM

hi, which is the cheapest way to get from santiago to santiago airport? thanks

1 Answer Mar 12, 2007 at 10:04 AM
    • What is the best way to get from Havana to Santiago De Cuba without driving???

Santiago de Cuba Feb 19, 2007 at 2:05 PM

I am applying for a travel grant, and I've decided to apply to travel from Havana to Santiago De Cuba to firstly experience Cuba and end up seeing El Cobre but I don't drive and wandered if anyone new the best way to travel around Cuba?
      I have to hand in my application form on fri, please help, I've never been to Cuba!

3 Answers Sep 30, 2007 at 6:48 AM
    • schedule of performers

Santiago de Cuba Feb 10, 2007 at 5:55 PM

Hi
      Just wanted to know if there is sort of a schedule who perfoms at the Casa de la Trova? We will be in Santiago April 5-19/07 and would love to see Eliades Ochoa. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Bucanero bars

Santiago de Cuba Jan 29, 2007 at 1:53 PM

My understanding is that the snack bar closes at 4PM, therefor is no food avaible between 4-7PM.
      What about the bar(disco)? What time they close? Couldnt find anyway if there is a 24h bar open.
      Thank you

2 Answers Sep 30, 2007 at 6:49 AM
    • Christine2006's Profile Photo

Travel Dec. 20 '06 to Jan. 4 '07

Santiago de Cuba Dec 12, 2006 at 8:07 AM

Would appreciate any advice or suggestions from people who have been there or who live there. Am interested in the music, culture, history, architecture and, of course, learning more spanish. Would like to hire a spanish tutor.

5 Answers Jan 2, 2007 at 2:32 AM
    • llthomas

Santiago de Cuba Jul 15, 2006 at 12:14 PM

Does anyone know what year they stopped using Castillo Del Morro as a prison?
      lt

3 Answers Sep 3, 2006 at 11:10 PM
    • llthomas

Santiago de Cuba Jul 15, 2006 at 12:11 PM

I read Castillo Del Morro was also used as a prison.
      What year did they stop using it as a prison?
      lt

• We are planning a trip to Cuba and we would like some advice...

Provincia de Santiago de Cuba Jun 29, 2006 at 12:22 PM

What is a better trip - Havana/Cayo Largo/Cienfuegos/Trinidad or Santiago de Cuba/ is it safe to hire a car and drive around for long distances?

3 Answers Sep 18, 2006 at 4:49 AM
    • afrocuban music

Provincia de Santiago de Cuba Apr 26, 2006 at 7:24 AM

What is the likelihood of taking afrocuban double bass/percussion lessons from Santiago de Cuba locals? And what is the availability of hiring or lending a double bass whilst there. Thanks for your time.

1 Answer Dec 22, 2006 at 4:30 AM
    • PERCUSSION TRIP

Santiago de Cuba Feb 8, 2006 at 10:15 AM

I want to travel to cuba middle of april for about 10 days-- what is the best way to go about it-- preferably with a class for heavy duty instruction in percussion- i am a drummer--- any help or guidance will help - i would prefer to go with a license- is that possible??? thank you all for your time

• greenlandsman's Profile Photo

Dace and Pecussion lessons

Santiago de Cuba Jan 18, 2006 at 2:33 AM

I am going to Santiago de Cuba for two weeks in April 2006, can someone recommend me a dance teacher and drum lessons that I can maybe book in advance.
      Any info on a good cassa particular also welcome.

6 Answers Jan 28, 2007 at 6:37 AM
    • Walking/Hiking in Cuba

Santiago de Cuba Oct 9, 2005 at 2:44 PM

Hello ! My husband and I are travelling to Cuba in November this year. We like to wlak/hike while we are on holiday. We usually walk between 5-10 miles on an "outing". we are doing a two centre trip. Week 1 we are staying at Holguin, at Hotel Sol Rio de Lunes y Mares and week 2 we are staying at Hotel Malia in Santiago de Cuba. The question i would like to ask is: Will it be possible for us to get out on our own and complete some walks/hikes? Can anyone suggest places to visit or how easy we could buy maps of the area or have any books been published with local walks in? Thanks in advance for your help. Dora.

2 Answers Nov 12, 2006 at 2:27 AM
    • brisa del mar

Provincia de Santiago de Cuba Aug 21, 2005 at 8:02 AM

I want somes information about the beach,the food,the quality of room and the ocean at this hotel.I'looking for my vacation a this hotel.thank you

1 Answer Dec 13, 2005 at 12:25 PM
    • PARTICULAR HOUSE IN SANTIAGO DE CUBA

Santiago de Cuba May 17, 2005 at 9:50 AM

I recommend you this particular house in Santiago de Cuba. I went it last september and I was fabulous in it:

Casa colonial de Nivia Melendez
      Calle General Portuondo (before Trinidad), número 510, between Hartman (before San Félix) and General Bandera (before San Bartolomé)
      Santiago de Cuba
      Telephone Cuba: (53) (22) 622893

They have a web site:

es.geocities.com/andreufebas...

If you need more information about rent room or anything else about Cuba, you can send me an e-mail. ;>

Nekane, from Spain.

1 Answer May 17, 2005 at 3:47 PM
    • Darlitabrito's Profile Photo

Wanting to send gifts

Santiago de Cuba Apr 24, 2005 at 8:27 AM

Greetings from U.S. I am seeking information on sending gifts to Santiago de Cuba. My country will not allow me to send , and the letters ive sent are not received in Havana. A friend has a daughter whos birthday is coming up and Id love for her to have the things Ive got for her. Such as a doll (she is 10) clother and shoes and color crayons ect. PLEASE CAN ANYBODY ASSIST ME? Thanks for your time.

2 Answers Sep 30, 2007 at 7:14 AM
    • shashasharon's Profile Photo

beach

Santiago de Cuba Dec 1, 2004 at 8:19 PM

Can anyone suggest a nice calm beach as I will be travelling with 2 small children..thank you

3 Answers Dec 19, 2004 at 6:02 PM
    • Spanish-Course at cuban universities

Santiago de Cuba Jan 2, 2004 at 3:45 PM

Is there anybody outthere, who has studied Spanish at the university del oriente in Santiago de Cuba or somwhere else in Cuba? I want to do that for 3 months this year. I'd be very happy to get some informations. Edda from Germany

4 Answers May 24, 2004 at 8:50 PM
    • mirana's Profile Photo

casa particulares in Santiago de Cuba

Santiago de Cuba Nov 25, 2003 at 1:30 AM

Can anyone recomend me a good casa particulares in Santiago de Cuba? Thanks for your replies!

3 Answers Dec 10, 2005 at 5:55 AM
    • Travel to Cuba by sea

Santiago de Cuba Jun 3, 2003 at 4:55 PM

Hi to all, I would like to get to Cuba by sea, possibly from the Dominican Republic or Haiti. Is this possible? Thanks to all for your help, CDO

8 Answers Jul 21, 2007 at 6:49 AM