Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• SOLOandLOVINGlife's Profile Photo

Private guide?

La Romana Jul 19, 2014 at 6:37 PM

Hello!

I am looking to hire a private guide while I'm in port. Any suggestions? TIA

more
    • Hotel Location

Dominican Republic Jul 18, 2014 at 8:25 PM

If I stay at Sanctuary Cap Cana is it near the nightlife in town or other hotels?

more
    • Snorkeling

La Romana Jul 18, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I love to snorkel. I am staying at the Catalonia La Romana. Is there good snorkeling in the area? Is there a good place that's close? Is there a good service to use or tour to take?

more
    • Samana or Cabarete? Couple's getaway

Dominican Republic Jul 17, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I'm trying to decide where in DR to go for a 3 night getaway, just me and my husband, in November. I'm considering samana or cabarete. I like the adults-only Bahia resort in samana, cayo levantado. I prefer to go where i will see no kids (i have two), but in an all-inclusive, i'm afraid of missing out on all the local foods and fun night life. My husband would certainly appreciate a more Dominican feel to his vacation days then myself, but I don't mind it. Do you think i'll find better options in cabarete? or should i do a non-all inclusive in samana?

more
    • travenling with friends

Santo Domingo Jul 14, 2014 at 9:44 AM

what days is the 3 eyes of water open?

more
    • Driver & Guide for Day in Puerto Plata

Puerto Plata Jun 27, 2014 at 9:02 PM

My family (6 adults) would like to do a day of activities away from our resort. Thinking of doing 27 Charcos de Damajauga, Mt Isabel de Torres, and lunch or shopping. Does anyone have a recommendation for a local guide/driver that could accommodate us?

more
    • Hotel Conde de Penalba

Santo Domingo Jul 14, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Is this hotel a better location for a first time traveler to Santo Domingo? I think it is in the Zona Colonial. Is it a decent hotel? Is it clean? Are most of the places of interest within walking distance? What about the CHU CHU Colonial? Is it worth it and how much is it? How much are the cab fares from the airport?

more
    • Excursions

Punta Cana Jul 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Has anybody gone on the 2 1/2 hour dune buggy excursion and would you recommend it? What all does it consist of? I also saw a 4 hour dune buggy excursion advertised and wondered if they were different or were offered by the same company? Are there any other excursions you would highly recommend?

more
    • Punta Cana Labor day Weekend

Punta Cana Jul 11, 2014 at 1:25 PM

I am going to Punta Cana staying at the majestic from aug 29-sept 3, labor day weekend. Is anyone else traveling there or does anyone know a site where you can connect with other going at that time? Thanks

more
    • calling home

Punta Cana Jul 11, 2014 at 8:10 AM

What is the cheapest way to call the US?

more
    • ground transportation punta cana to sausa

Punta Cana Jul 8, 2014 at 3:03 PM

i want to go to sausa from punta cana, majestic colonial hotel, on jan 23 2015. do you know a route?

more
    • Need information for possible trip to Santo Domingo

Santo Domingo Jul 14, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Looking for information on Acuarium Suite Resort. Is it clean? How close to the city? Are trains safe to ride? What is the best way to get around the city? Can you recommend a good honest tour that is worth the money.

more
    • Punta Cana October 2014

Punta Cana Jul 10, 2014 at 5:08 AM

Hi all,

I'm going to PC this October from 25to01 November and i'm very concerned about the weather.
      What do you guys know/think from the weather that time of the year (End of October)

Thanks in advance

more
    • Punta Rucia

Punta Rucia Jun 23, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I need a little hotel not expensive but comfortable and clean for 2 nights.
      Punta Rucia, Dominican Republic... can someone help me?

more
    • Secrets resort Punta Cana

Punta Cana Jul 18, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Can someone give me a review of this resort and how crowded it will be the first week of October 2014.

more
    • taxi ride from airport

Puerto Plata Jun 23, 2014 at 2:05 PM

How much is a taxi from the Santiago airport (STI) to Gran Ventana

more
    • private cataraman

Punta Cana Jul 16, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I am looking if any members are currently staff on one of the many private cataraman tours I see advertised.
      I have a list of specific questions and would like to meet someone who works on one of these tours if possible.
      if you know someone who works on one of these tours and can introduce me as well i would be most grateful ;0)

more
    • Punta Cana September 2014

Punta Cana Jun 23, 2014 at 3:12 AM

Hi guys,

I'm going to Punta Cana on September 14th 2014 for two weeks.

It is my partner and I's honey moon and I am really worried the weather will ruin it?

Please can someone advice me?

Will there be any sun? really worried!!

thanks,

Olivia

more

Popular Provincia de Santiago Travel Answer Locations

• where to say

Santiago de los Caballeros Oct 28, 2013 at 3:13 PM

We have a group of 7 coming in Nov to watch baseball. Looking for a good hotel (cheapish) that is close to nightlife

1 Answer Nov 15, 2013 at 2:28 AM
    • safty

Santiago de los Caballeros Jul 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM

is it safe to walk around the city alone at night?

• International airport hotels or other accomodations near the airport !

Santiago de los Caballeros Mar 14, 2011 at 9:45 AM

I am in Cabarete but have a departure flight at the Santiago de Caballeros airport in the arly morning. I am looking for an inexpensive hotel in Santiago where I can arrive the night before and catch the early morning flight the next day. Can anyone reccommend a hotel or suggest the best method to handle this situation ? Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you,

Felocity

1 Answer Jul 31, 2011 at 5:20 PM
    • seeking inexpensive lodging in Santiago near PCUMM

Santiago de los Caballeros Jan 3, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I will be visiting my daughter, a student at Pontificia Catolica Universidad de Madre y Maestra, at the end of April. I am looking for inexpensive lodging near there. I cannot seem to find anything but huge, expensive resort like hotels in Santiago. Can anyone help me with information about more reasonable lodging? It only needs to be clean and simple.

1 Answer Jul 31, 2011 at 5:40 PM
    • cwhit21's Profile Photo

Flying into Santiago

Provincia de Santiago Jan 1, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Thinking about flying into Santiago and staying one night then heading to Las Terrenas. How difficult will it be for me to get around not speaking spanish, and what are my options for getting out to Las Terrenas, reasonably priced anyway.
      Thanks for any info. Charles

1 Answer Jan 25, 2009 at 6:05 PM
    • Taxi Vs The Bus

Provincia de Santiago Jan 28, 2007 at 8:26 PM

In March I am flying into Santiago. However, my return ticket is out of Puerto Plata. My question is How much should I look to pay by Bus and/or Taxi from Santiago to Puerto Plata. Second part to that is How long a journey is from Santiago to Puerto Plata? Thanks for any and all replies...

Ronzosr

2 Answers Jan 28, 2009 at 6:47 AM
    • psutraveler's Profile Photo

Taxi to Puerto Plata

Provincia de Santiago Aug 11, 2006 at 11:46 AM

We will be flying into Santiago airport. We need to get to Playa Cofresi (which is 30 minutes west of puerto plata). Is it easy to get a taxi around Dominican Republic and how expensive are they?

Any help you can give in this area would be greatly appreciated!!

4 Answers Sep 19, 2008 at 10:38 AM
    • wardy51's Profile Photo

What to do

Santiago de los Caballeros May 20, 2006 at 5:23 AM

I am planning a 3 night trip to northern Spain in October flying in
      to SANTIAGO DE LOS CABALLEROS or Santander . Is there enough to do in this area or can anyone suggest the number of nights to stay or where else to go for a night. Can anyone recommend any scenic walks (not the full pilgrim sketch) of about 2 hours or so with the possibility of some wild life.

Thanks

Geoff

• Travelling alone to Santiago and need to know where I can find a detailed street map and hotel in Or

Provincia de Santiago Apr 18, 2005 at 12:15 PM

Can someone please tell me where I can find a detailed street map of Santiago and if you know of any hotels specifically in the Dorada section of the city.

Thanks

• Nancybelle's Profile Photo

Studying Spanish in Santiago de los Caballeros

Santiago de los Caballeros Mar 29, 2004 at 8:40 AM

This will be my last query on this topic--I promise!! Does ANYONE know if the PUCMM offers classes in Spanish to foreigners on a short-term basis? I am having difficulty locating a place where I can arrange for classes in Spanish for a few weeks next fall. On their website I can't access anything about this topic. What about "Program CIEE--PUCMM?" Berlitz Institute, I've heard, offers Spanish as well as French, but I can't find any address for them. I am so desperate now I would be thrilled to pay a tutor for help. Does anyone know of a university grad student/dept., etc. that offers this service? Thanks so much!

1 Answer Feb 7, 2008 at 10:40 AM
    • Nancybelle's Profile Photo

Study Abroad. . . and immunizations

Provincia de Santiago Mar 14, 2004 at 7:46 AM

Hi, I would like to study Spanish for 3 weeks in Santiago de los Caballeros, but I'm not having much luck in finding websites of language schools. Does anyone know of schools where I could study for only 3 weeks--a full semester is definitely out! Also, various guidebooks recommend different types of shots. Is Hepatitis B immunization a necessity?? The three shots are given over a 6 month period. Finally, what small hotels do y'all recommend? I don't care for huge resort type places. Muchas gracias!!