change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Provincia de Samaná Travel Answer Locations

• Transportation from Santo Domingo

Santa Bárbara de Samaná Feb 25, 2014 at 9:16 AM

What is the best way to get from the Santo Domingo Airport to the Grand Bahia Principe El Portillo in Samana?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • Las Galeras vs Las Terrenas

Las Galeras Oct 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Hi. My friend and I are planning a last minute trip to the DR. Neither of us has ever been there. I've traveled extensively in Central America and am not interested in any all-inclusive resort. We are considering the Samana Peninsula because it seems the most natural and relatively speaking, least commercial of the other DR areas.

So, we've narrowed our research to Las Terrenas and Las Galeras. Although LG appeals to us because it seems the least touristic, I am kind of concerned that aside from the beach and the tours, it will be way too sleepy. On the other hand, Las Terrenas seems to be a little chaotic, but it appears to have some social things to do other than just the beach.

Since we will be traveling within the next few days... and it will be the beginning of November... would Las Terrenas be more quiet, and Las Galeras completely dead?

Sorry for the long discourse...

1 Answer Nov 15, 2013 at 2:22 AM
    • Safety

Las Terrenas Jun 6, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I am travelling here with my girlfriend for two weeks and the more i read about dom rep the more worried i get. How worried should i be about crime?

• Transportation from AZS to Alisei hotel

Las Terrenas Mar 5, 2013 at 7:54 AM

What is the best way to get from AZS airport to the Hotel Alisei.

• alisei hotel

Las Terrenas Mar 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

how to get from azs to alisei hotel

• oldguy472003's Profile Photo

Couple interseted in sharing tours in March.

Provincia de Samaná Jan 20, 2013 at 5:36 PM

My wife and I are visiting Samana from March 19 to 26 and are interested in taking a couple of excursions (#2 & #9) under tours for hotel guests at the link below. Would take #2 on March 21 and #9 on March 25. It would be cheaper for more persons so If interested, shoot me an email.
      Thanks a bunch!
      toursamanawithterry.com/Excu...

• T-and-K's Profile Photo

From Santo Domingo Las Americas Airport to Las Terrenas by bus?

Las Terrenas Dec 9, 2012 at 12:48 PM

My husband and I are supposed to travel from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas, preferably by bus in few weeks. We're having real hard time finding any information about the bus, also the staff at our hotel doesn't seem to be able to help us.
      Is there some bus company with a route from SD to Las Terrenas and how can we get more info from them? Basically we arrive at 11.30AM and I guess we could catch a bus leaving around 1 or 2 PM.

Please help =)

2 Answers Dec 18, 2012 at 4:36 AM
    • kb33jb

Las Terrenas Oct 21, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Does the bus that picks you up from Samana airport and takes you to Bahia Principe El Portillo have a washroom

2 Answers Dec 23, 2013 at 12:59 PM
    • samana to cayo levantado

Cayo Levantado Oct 10, 2010 at 9:02 AM

i want to go to cayo lavantado for a day when my cruise ship arrives in samana. how can i contact bost or ferry operators that take people between samana and cayo levantado. i prefer not to go on the cruise ship excursion to the island. i have read in meny postings that there are boats operating between samana and cayo levantado.
      thank you
      al

2 Answers Oct 15, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    • How to get from Samana to cayo Levantado

Cayo Levantado Sep 10, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Hi I am taking a cruise on NCL which stops in Samana- is there a beach there or is it better to go to cayo levantado- can one get a boat in samana - we are trying to avoid another 49.00 boat ride that NCL is offering. thanks Rosanne

2 Answers Sep 10, 2009 at 11:58 PM
    • Traveling by cruise ship and need some tips or info.

Cayo Levantado Mar 22, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I have one day next week by cruise ship to the island of Cayo Levantado in the Dominican Republic.My wife and I want to party and snorkel while there but dont know whats available to us. Should we go to the mainland or is it not an option? Any ideas would be great. Thanks Mike

4 Answers Mar 25, 2009 at 12:23 AM
    • a cruise ship stop

Santa Bárbara de Samaná May 6, 2008 at 12:29 PM

We will be taking a cruise at the end of May and one of their stops is Santa Barbara de Samana. I've looked at other forums and from what I gathered transportation can be costly. We're not sure where we want to go yet either! We are sure we would like to go to a beach but not sure the closest and/or nicest. Can anyone give some advice (thanks in advance!!)

3 Answers May 9, 2008 at 2:38 AM
    • Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo

schedule and things to do.

Cayo Levantado Feb 5, 2008 at 3:30 PM

Hello, I'm coming to Cayo Levantado by Cruise ship around Christmas time I'm wondering if there is a schedule for this boat. I'm looking for something to see and do for the day with my family and 2 nephews ages 8 and 13. Also, are there any places to go to where the locals go? I speak Spanish and like to see what a town is like through the eyes of a local vs tourist. Any companies that have a car with driver?

Thank you,

David

4 Answers Feb 24, 2008 at 8:43 AM
    • Crime Spree?

Las Terrenas Nov 24, 2006 at 12:06 PM

I've been seeing reports of an increase in crime in/around Las Terrenas. Not just random muggings on the beach at night, but some real strong arm rough stuff. Would love to return this coming spring, but am having second thoughts. Is there any validity to what I've been reading?

• Hotel Occidental

Cayo Levantado Jun 29, 2006 at 11:52 AM

Can anyone tell me if this hotel has reopened yet? Last year I heard it was closed. Also, what's the rain/inclement weather pattern like in October? We'd like to visit then, but we know it is still hurricane season....
      Thanks!

• robpreston's Profile Photo

Any tips or recommendations for stay @ Bahia Principe hotel San Juan DR.

Río San Juan Apr 11, 2006 at 4:18 AM

Do any of you good people out there have any tips or recommendations for a stay later this month (April) at the Bahia Pricipe Rio San Juan Dominican Republic, thanx

• How to get to Las Terrenas from the USA

Las Terrenas Dec 26, 2004 at 7:53 AM

My fiance are going on our honeymoon (alarmingly soon, as far as planning ahead is concerned) in Las Terrenas on the North Shore. We need to get flights from Hartford or New York to the DR, and then get from our point-of-entry to Las Terrenas. Any suggestions on the best way to do this/places to do it from/airline companies to do it with? I'm daunted by the prospect of spending half our budget on airfare (we're headed to the DR, in part, because it's the cheapest accessible warm place) between international flights and charter/island hopper planes, so I'm looking to maximize both economy and ease of travel (two lines that rarely intersect, I know!). Thanks for the help.

2 Answers Jan 1, 2005 at 10:37 PM
    • a month in Las Galeras?

Provincia de Samaná Aug 23, 2003 at 8:52 PM

I`m a retired guy looking for worthwhile places to hide out from winter. Solo traveler. Have been considering the Club Bonito. Any thoughts'''suggestions...warnings?

2 Answers Sep 23, 2005 at 8:54 AM