Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

football game

Buenos Aires Dec 12, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Ola

Estoy en Buenos Aires en el ultimo semana de enero 2015. Esta possible ver Boca Junios o River Plate?
      Y como adquiero tickets?

Gracias,

Tobias

more
    • Route recommendation

Argentina Dec 2, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hi,
      We would like to visit the following places in Argentina. We start from Buenos Ayres and want to end at the Iguaso.

The places in between we would like to see are: El Calafate, the Perito moreno, Torres del Payna in Chile, El Chalten, Puerto Madryn and a week at Bariloche and the 7 lakes.

We will appreciate the following type of info:
      - the preferred route
      - type of transportation preferred between each 2 points (no problem with buses up to 8 hours, if diferent companies please advice for the best and the problematic ones (if any)
      - to do and not recommended to do things. - All relevant info will be accepted with thanks

more
    • FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

bus from Santiago to Mendoza

Mendoza Dec 4, 2014 at 4:30 AM

hi

I will leave Santiago de Chile with a bus from Andesmar to Mendoza in January 2015.
      From which Terminal do they leave?

And on the website of Andesmar they talk about the Output Habilitation Rate for entering Argentina.
      Does this apply for me? I have Dutch nationality.

I think it is very strange that I can buy a bus ticket on the website of Andesmar and that they don't give vital information. They don't respond on my email as well.

Thanks

Tobias

more
    • Cicerones de Buenos Aires, Greeters

Buenos Aires Nov 27, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Hi. I am going to Buenos Aires in November, and I am looking for guided tours. What can you suggest? As I am a student I would prefer something that is not too expensive. I found an organization called Cicerones Buenos Aires Greeters, and it looks like it is free, but can someone recommend them? Thanks. Floriane.

more
    • tatsamurai's Profile Photo

Transfer from AEP to EZE

Buenos Aires Dec 13, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Aerolineas Argentinas suddenly cancelled my flight from Ushuaia to Ezeiza Airport. Now I'm flying into Newbery but my flight back to the U.S. still leaves from Ezeiza. What is the safest, surest and most direct way to make that transfer (without walking out of the airport) ?

more
    • Stored luggage in airport locker at AZE international airport Buenos Aires Argentina

Buenos Aires Dec 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Wanting to leave some luggage in a locker for about three weeks at the Ministro Pistarini (AZE) airport. Various information suggests I can but so far cannot confirm.... Could someone please advise.?

more
    • Is there such an address?

La Cumbre Nov 26, 2014 at 6:57 AM

Hello. Does this address exist?
      President Ortiz 85, 5178 La Cumbre, Sierras de Cordoba
      Particularly, is there a ppoperty number 85?

Many thanks. Vanessa.

more
    • mini trekking

Parque Nacional Los Glaciares Nov 27, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Are there tours starting inside the park or do you have to take the bus from ElCalafate to do one of the walks on the glacier?

more
    • ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Traveling by bus around Argentina

Argentina Dec 1, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Hi
      I recently read someone's blog and he traveled from Santiago to Mendoza, then to Cordoba and BA, all by bus. Is it safe to travel by land in Argentina?
      I'm a female solo traveler planning my 3-month trip in South America but I have heard from my Argentinians friends that I shouldn't travel by myself by bus around Argentina. I'm torn on doing it by plane or bus.
      Any tips or suggestions or encouragement would be very well appreciated.

more

Popular Provincia de Salta Travel Answer Locations

• Quia to Salta

Salta Mar 3, 2014 at 12:02 AM

What bus do I need to take?

3 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 11:08 AM
    • massot's Profile Photo

From SALTA to UYUNI

Salta Jan 18, 2014 at 3:21 AM

Next month, February, 26th or 2th, we wont to move as tourists between these two cities.
      I think that is possible by train and bus and...?
      please, have you some experience or advise about the best/ comfortable/ good price./ better views, . system to do this trip..
      Thanks! VT people is fantastic!

2 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 10:16 AM
    • Accommodation

Salta Jan 18, 2014 at 1:41 AM

I am looking for safe and clean hotel tips in Salta. Up to 50USD/DBL, private bathroom, breakfast incl., centrally location.

1 Answer Jan 18, 2014 at 2:42 AM
    • massot's Profile Photo

Visiting Salta region

Salta Jan 17, 2014 at 3:37 PM

I / we will stay 3 full days in Salta area (24-26 february). I will travel by bus from BsAs to Salta. My questions are:
      1. is it worth to stop and spend one day in Cordoba, or is better to enjoy all the time in Salta area.
      2.Which hotel, medium price (3stars...) do you advice in the city (better downtown)
      3 Which agency or tour is the best to organize the trips in this province
      4.The more beautiful places to visit, according your experience..
      Well, many questions, but probably a kind VT traveler may write to me.
      I give him/her many thanks!!
      Roma Massot
      Barcelona

6 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • Salta Landscapes

Salta Dec 10, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Which are the most beautiful landscapes to see in Salta? How can I get there? Thanks!!

2 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 6:20 AM
    • chrystal9111's Profile Photo

Hiking boots

Salta Nov 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I am going to be in Salta, Cafayate and Tilcara in late December. Do you think I need to bring hiking boots or just hiking shoes without ankle support. We are going to be doing some hikes but not sure how rocky it is and how much rain there will be. Any advice much appreciated.

1 Answer Nov 24, 2013 at 3:19 AM
    • Walking and cycling routes in Cafayate

Cafayate Oct 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Hi,

I am spending a couple of days in Cafayate and have some questions as to which routes are better done on foot and which on a bike. I don't have a great condition so I have to take into consideration the difficulty of the track. Also indication of timeframe for each track would be appreciated.

I am taking in consideration:
      - bike to Rio Colorado waterfalls with stops in a couple of Bodegas on the way
      - bike/walk to Dunas
      - walk up the Cerro San Isidro - where is the best place to start the hike and how do i get there?
      - any other suggestions?

The other question is related to Quebrada. Can we take bikes from Cafayate on the bus to Quebrada and than cycle back to Cafayate? It's supposed to be about 80 km. Is it doable in one day for someone with a rather poor condition?

Thanks in advance for help withthos.

1 Answer Oct 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM
    • Bus Transportation osts

Cafayate Oct 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM

What does it cost for a bus from Tucuman to Cafayate?

1 Answer Oct 20, 2013 at 1:00 AM
    • Spanish school Salta

Salta Aug 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Hello

I would like to attend a spanish course in Salta. Can someone recommend a good spanish school?

• mercurycat's Profile Photo

Exchanging money

Salta Aug 11, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Hello! We'll be visiting Argentina next week. We've been to Buenos Aires in the past, and this time we're going to Salta. In Buenos Aires we found a place to exchange our American dollars for Pesos at a great rate (~7%). Can anyone recommend a place in Salta? We'll be arriving in BA early Sunday morning and our usual place won't be open before we fly on to Salta.

Thanks bunches!

3 Answers Aug 11, 2013 at 9:21 AM
    • car rental

Salta Aug 5, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Can foreigners rent cars at the salta airport

3 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    • best travel option from B.A to Salta

Salta Jul 24, 2013 at 3:57 AM

Are internal flights expensive ?
      What is the best method of car hire in Argentina and can you access Bolivia with an hire car ..?

3 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    • best travel option from B.A to Salta

Salta Jul 24, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Is bus or train the best option ?

2 Answers Jul 24, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    • Custom cakes

Salta Jul 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Is there a bakery that makes custom cakes for birthdays, etc. in salta ?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2013 at 5:11 PM
    • Which is the better bus journey: Iguazu to Salta or Salta to Mendoza?

Salta Jun 10, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Hi There,
      I am planning a trip in the north of Argentina in October. I have about 2.5 weeks to leave BA and go to Iquazu, and from there go to Salta and onto Mendoza. I would like to see as much terrain as possible when going from one place to the next, however I simply won't have time to do all the legs by bus I don't think. Does anyone have an opinion/advice on the following:

Which is the best bus trip:
      - Iguazu to Salta, or
      - Salta to Mendoza, or
      - Mendoza to Santiago, or
      - Mendoza to BA?

Any feedback much appreciated. Adios!

5 Answers Jun 16, 2013 at 7:28 AM
    • bus service from Calafate to Los antiguos

Cafayate Nov 9, 2012 at 3:23 AM

looking for bus service from Calafate to Los antiguos - time table, price' and how many hours it takes.

3 Answers Dec 1, 2012 at 10:17 AM
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Alternatives near Salta

Salta Aug 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Hi, I'm looking into possible locations for a December vacation of maximum 13 days. I'm hoping to see Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls for sure. I also wanted to see the salt flats in Uyuni, the Tatio Geyser, Moon Valley and around Salta, but I know it'll just be ridiculous to try and fit all this stuff into a 13 day trip. So, I'm wondering if I can see similar types of landscape in and around Salta and maybe stay there for 5 days instead.

In my quick research on VT and Google, I see that there is the Salinas Grandes which looked kind of cool. Can someone let me know if it is indeed a similar type of salt flats to those in Uyuni, but maybe smaller? Are there geysers in the area? I see that many people rented their own cars to visit. My friend and I only know how to drive automatic, so we'll probably have to do tours. Do you know of any good tour companies that do day or overnight trips to these areas?

I know I'll need to do a bit more research in the area but if you have any recommendations to steer me in the right path, please let me know.

I understand that there are direct flights from Buenos Aires -> Salta -> Iguazu -> Buenos Aires offered by Aerolineas Argentina. Will it be cheaper to book these in Argentina or is it pretty much the same price (quoted865) if I just book on their website? Is Aerolineas an acceptable airline?

Thanks very much in advance.

11 Answers Dec 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    • DancinTraveler's Profile Photo

English speaking tour guide

Salta Jul 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Hi! My Mom and I will be in Salta for 6 days. We would like to move around and possibly get a tour guide for a few days. Can anyone recommend a reliable, English speaking tour guide?

Also, what are your "must see" in Salta?

Cheers, from New York, USA

5 Answers Aug 14, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    • Travel from Salta to Calama or North Chile

Salta Feb 16, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Hi - We are travelling north Argentina from Salta and hope to get via bus to Calama, Chile. We aim to keep travelling north to Peru.

Does anyone know the best way to travel by road this way? We hope to travel via bus, but happy to look at other options as well.

1 Answer Mar 31, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    • Independant transportation vs. public transportation vs. tour groups

Provincia de Salta Nov 11, 2011 at 8:55 AM

I am not a poor shoestring backpacker (any more). I am an avid photo enthusiast who likes to chronicle my travels.
      fluidr.com/photos/phil_mario...
      Usually I travel with the wife and we can share costs and a private car is within our means but this time I am solo.
      I could take public buses but I'd go crazy not being able to stop and take a photo of a wonderful scene. I could take an organized tour where you can often ask the driver to stop for a quick photo. But often these tours only stop for a few hours in many village/towns that I think I'd like to spend an evening in i.e. Tilcara, Purmamarca, Iruya, ect. Furthermore these tours tend to leave too late in the morning or arrive too late to capture the best light (early morning/late evening) for photography.

So I am thinking hiring a taxi for intercity trips MAY be the best of my options. I am just wondering what the costs and availability would be. I’d hire the car for a half day morning trip and have to pay for the driver to drive back home in the afternoon. I’d stay in my new town and then hire another local to get me to the next place a few days later. This worked well for me when I toured Rajasthan, India and Mali.

The question remains....how MUCH money would a taxi driver expect per day?

1 Answer Nov 18, 2011 at 5:04 AM
    • Salta in august 2011

Provincia de Salta Jun 1, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Hello,
      I will be in Salta for 4 nights, would like to have some suggestion on what to visits.

1 Answer Jun 29, 2011 at 9:31 AM
    • rafgys's Profile Photo

Valles Calchaquies

Provincia de Salta Jan 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM

I'd like to visit some wineries around Cafayate and the Valles Calchaquies... but I'd love some help with a few questions I have...!

- How easy/difficult is to get around on public transportation?
      - Besides wineries, what else would you suggest me to see?

Thanks!!

3 Answers Jan 28, 2011 at 4:26 AM
    • Looseebee's Profile Photo

Cerro San Bernado Cable Car

Salta Sep 27, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Hi there, does anybody know the price of the cable car up to Cerro San Bernado? Is it worth the trip, and what is there to see/do at the top? I will have only a little time in Salta and would like to know if this will be a 'must do'! Thanks in advance

2 Answers Sep 28, 2010 at 8:20 AM
    • Driving time

Provincia de Salta Aug 9, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Does anybody know the driving time between cachi and salta via N.P. Los Cordones?

We will be there at the end of November.

Thanks,

Moshe

1 Answer Aug 9, 2010 at 12:54 AM
    • bus from Salta to mendoza

Salta Jun 21, 2010 at 7:35 AM

I am planing to visit salta and then go back to Mendoza by bus. is there any bus company that make that trip and how many hours does it take?

2 Answers Jun 21, 2010 at 9:52 AM
    • rjberb's Profile Photo

A week in Salta

Salta Jan 26, 2010 at 4:43 PM

My wife and I are considering spending a week in the Salta. We wpild appreciate any information on things to do, where to stay, towns to visit in the area etc.

Thank you
      rjberb

5 Answers Apr 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM
    • From Iguaza to Salta

Salta Nov 22, 2009 at 5:40 AM

Hi

I plan going to Salta by joining a local bus tour from Iguaza to Salta via Tucuman and vice versa. Is the road transport between these two places safe? Grateful for your advice.

Many thanks.

Cheers
      Joyce

2 Answers Nov 24, 2009 at 11:34 AM
    • conorworld's Profile Photo

Salta Trip Advice

Salta Apr 11, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Hello. I was considering visiting Salta in the next few months and I don't know much about it except the photos that I have seen. I was interested in seeing the salt flats and some of the gorges. I heard it is generally better to book your trips when you arrive. I was wondering what should one definitely see when I am there. I want to go and see the salt flats and the mountains. I am guessing you can get tours when you arrive. I was wondering how much it would cost and is it possible to do the salt flats and surrounding areas in 1-2 days. Thanks

4 Answers Apr 13, 2009 at 6:26 AM
    • Travelling from Salta to Buenos Aires

Provincia de Salta Jan 10, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Hello.
      Me and two friends of mine have 6 days to get from salta to buenos aires. We were wondering if anybody had any suggestions to how we could do it(car,bus?) and which places would be good to visit on the trip? Which places to go and cool things to do?
      Thank you for you replies:)

2 Answers Jan 10, 2009 at 12:37 PM
    • Bussing from Salta

Salta Dec 26, 2008 at 3:37 PM

Hello all,

I am flying into Salta from Bs.As. in a couple weeks and I need to take a bus from Salta capital to a small town in the north of Salta province. I did this several years ago but I don't remember much of anything about the process...

I land in Salta at 2:00 in the afternoon and would like to go to the terminal right away if possible. I feel like a dunce asking all this, but hopefully someone can help me out:

1. Grabbing a taxi from the airport, are they just outside the terminal? Is there a specific company I want to look for? I know in Bs.As. I always use the Manuel Leon, as advised by others, but I don't know what the deal is in Salta.

2. What's the name of the terminal/where do I tell the driver I need to go?

I've checked the schedule on La Veloz website so I should be able to get a bus that afternoon and be on my way.

Thanks for your help and if you see any glaring holes in my plan, or know of any important information I should know that concerns this, please let me know. I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks.

5 Answers Dec 30, 2008 at 7:41 AM