Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

football game

Buenos Aires Dec 12, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Ola

Estoy en Buenos Aires en el ultimo semana de enero 2015. Esta possible ver Boca Junios o River Plate?
      Y como adquiero tickets?

Gracias,

Tobias

more
    • Route recommendation

Argentina Dec 2, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hi,
      We would like to visit the following places in Argentina. We start from Buenos Ayres and want to end at the Iguaso.

The places in between we would like to see are: El Calafate, the Perito moreno, Torres del Payna in Chile, El Chalten, Puerto Madryn and a week at Bariloche and the 7 lakes.

We will appreciate the following type of info:
      - the preferred route
      - type of transportation preferred between each 2 points (no problem with buses up to 8 hours, if diferent companies please advice for the best and the problematic ones (if any)
      - to do and not recommended to do things. - All relevant info will be accepted with thanks

more
    • FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

bus from Santiago to Mendoza

Mendoza Dec 4, 2014 at 4:30 AM

hi

I will leave Santiago de Chile with a bus from Andesmar to Mendoza in January 2015.
      From which Terminal do they leave?

And on the website of Andesmar they talk about the Output Habilitation Rate for entering Argentina.
      Does this apply for me? I have Dutch nationality.

I think it is very strange that I can buy a bus ticket on the website of Andesmar and that they don't give vital information. They don't respond on my email as well.

Thanks

Tobias

more
    • Cicerones de Buenos Aires, Greeters

Buenos Aires Nov 27, 2014 at 11:10 AM

Hi. I am going to Buenos Aires in November, and I am looking for guided tours. What can you suggest? As I am a student I would prefer something that is not too expensive. I found an organization called Cicerones Buenos Aires Greeters, and it looks like it is free, but can someone recommend them? Thanks. Floriane.

more
    • tatsamurai's Profile Photo

Transfer from AEP to EZE

Buenos Aires Dec 13, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Aerolineas Argentinas suddenly cancelled my flight from Ushuaia to Ezeiza Airport. Now I'm flying into Newbery but my flight back to the U.S. still leaves from Ezeiza. What is the safest, surest and most direct way to make that transfer (without walking out of the airport) ?

more
    • Stored luggage in airport locker at AZE international airport Buenos Aires Argentina

Buenos Aires Dec 4, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Wanting to leave some luggage in a locker for about three weeks at the Ministro Pistarini (AZE) airport. Various information suggests I can but so far cannot confirm.... Could someone please advise.?

more
    • Is there such an address?

La Cumbre Nov 26, 2014 at 6:57 AM

Hello. Does this address exist?
      President Ortiz 85, 5178 La Cumbre, Sierras de Cordoba
      Particularly, is there a ppoperty number 85?

Many thanks. Vanessa.

more
    • mini trekking

Parque Nacional Los Glaciares Nov 27, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Are there tours starting inside the park or do you have to take the bus from ElCalafate to do one of the walks on the glacier?

more
    • ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Traveling by bus around Argentina

Argentina Dec 1, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Hi
      I recently read someone's blog and he traveled from Santiago to Mendoza, then to Cordoba and BA, all by bus. Is it safe to travel by land in Argentina?
      I'm a female solo traveler planning my 3-month trip in South America but I have heard from my Argentinians friends that I shouldn't travel by myself by bus around Argentina. I'm torn on doing it by plane or bus.
      Any tips or suggestions or encouragement would be very well appreciated.

more

Popular Provincia de Río Negro Travel Answer Locations

• slowbackpackers's Profile Photo

kayak trip from Bariloche

San Carlos de Bariloche Sep 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM

dear travelmates,
      Together with my husband I am going to come to Bariloche next month, October and we are planning an exciting tour with lot of hiking and most of all kayaking. Our plan is to travel bvy kayak the river Limay and the Rio Negro all the way down to the sea. First we thought about bringing our own kayaks from Spain but the cost to transport them would be higher than what we have paied for them in the first place... now we have checked out some shops but I would rather like to get a second hand one. Does anybody know about a place where we could get 2 second hand kayaks or can anybody get us in contact with somebody?
      We already counted in to stay about 2 weeks in Bariloche to get all or stuff ready but maybe here we can find somebody to help us.
      all the best
      Monika and Gustavo

1 Answer Sep 15, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    • Chocolate factories?

San Carlos de Bariloche Jun 12, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Are there also chocolate factories in Bariloche, which offer good tours?

3 Answers Jun 17, 2014 at 9:27 AM
    • Weather/Packing

San Carlos de Bariloche Jun 9, 2014 at 6:09 AM

I will be visiting Bariloche towards the end of June. What is the weather like? How should I pack? Will skiing be an options?

• Bariloche in August

San Carlos de Bariloche Apr 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I am hoping to visit Bariloche around the 2nd August for a few days. Will there be much to do other than skiing during that time? Will we be able to get around and visit the lakes easily?

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Jun 17, 2014 at 9:44 AM
    • AnaLuiza's Profile Photo

Last morning in Bariloche

San Carlos de Bariloche Mar 8, 2014 at 2:22 PM

Hello,
      I've come to Bariloche (Llao Llao area) with my family (all adults) just for 3 days and we've had a wonderful time.
      On the first day, we biked Circuito Chico. We spent the second day at Vila Angostura, and now I still have tomorrow from 9 to 1 to do something nice.
      We like adventure and sight seeing.
      Do you have any special recommendation? Does anyone know Canopi?
      Thank you in advance

• donnajstevens's Profile Photo

tango in Bariloche

San Carlos de Bariloche Jul 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Hi, Im heading to Bariloche in the next couple of days to ski. Can anyone recommend any tango venues? I'd like lessons in the evenings.

Donna

• Weather in September-October

San Carlos de Bariloche May 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Hi,
      My friends and I are planning a 4 week travel in Argentina from mid September to mid October.
      We really want to see Bariloche as well, since we've heard it's the most beautiful place in Argentina.
      However, understood that since it's on the south, it might still be pretty cold and even snowy on that time period.
      Can you tell me what is the actual weather on that time period based on your experience?

3 Answers Aug 22, 2012 at 8:35 AM
    • Bariloche trekking

San Carlos de Bariloche Mar 13, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Hi,
      I am travelling to Bariloche on Sunday and planning on spending a week in the area. I am travelling in Argentina by myself and am keen to do some trekking and mountain biking in the area. Is anyone in the area towards the end of March who would fancy joining me? Can anyone suggest any routes for an experienced hiker based in Bariloche.

Thanks

• Bariloche trekking

Provincia de Río Negro Mar 13, 2012 at 3:33 PM

Hi,
      I am travelling to Bariloche on Sunday and planning on spending a week in the area. I am travelling in Argentina by myself and am keen to do some trekking and mountain biking in the area. Is anyone in the area towards the end of March who would fancy joining me? Can anyone suggest any routes for an experienced hiker based in Bariloche.

Thanks

• Rock climbing in January

San Carlos de Bariloche Dec 22, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Hello,
      I am Canadian, will be in Bariloche for most of January and am looking for climbing partners. I am an established alpine climber starting in Patagonia next week.
      If anyone has any info on climbing partners or if there is a climbing gym or shop please let me know..
      Thanks!
      Brandon

1 Answer Jan 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM
    • pecaspeca's Profile Photo

Actual Weather/Ash Condition

San Carlos de Bariloche Nov 21, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Hi,

I will be travalling to Argentina in early December. I have been told that the Airport at Bariloche will remain closed until late December because of maintenance work after due to the ashes from the volcano.

It is an option to take a bus, BUT I would like to know how are the conditions right now in Bariloche. I don't want to spend 8hrs in a bus just to find a cloudy-gray Bariloche covered with ashes.

Thanks!

-Melissa

• BsAs to bariloche end of December

San Carlos de Bariloche Nov 11, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Hello VTs,
      I'm arriving in BsAs on the morning of the 29th of december and need to get to Bariloche by the 1st of January. Anybody want to share a car rental or something? Any reasonable alternatives to bus and train? Otherwise I'll take a bus. I'm also returning to BsAs around the 25th of January.

Llego a BsAs por la mañana del 29 de diciembre, y necesito llegar en bariloche en el 1 de enero. Hay algien que quiera compartir un alquiler de coche o algo así? O que tenga buenas ideas de cómo llegar, a fuera de vuelo y autobus? Si no, tomo el bus.
      También regreso a BsAs en el 25 de enero.
      Thanks!

1 Answer Nov 11, 2011 at 11:04 PM
    • heawalker's Profile Photo

New Year 2011 !

San Carlos de Bariloche Nov 9, 2011 at 6:02 AM

Hi VT members
      My husband and i are going to be in Bariloche for about 5 days in December over New Year. Is there anything going on for NY we should know about/ go to?
      Also let me the top things to do and see :)

Thanks in advance!!
      Hannah

• crossint Puerto Montt Chile to Bariloche Argentina

San Carlos de Bariloche Oct 2, 2011 at 5:50 AM

Is it possible to get by private car from Puerto Montt Chile to Bariloche Argentina through lakes and land dut to the volvanic activity in the area?

1 Answer Oct 2, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    • Flyfishing

San Carlos de Bariloche Sep 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM

I will be in Buenos Aries the beginning of March. Looking for a flight to Bariloche and a good flyfishing guide or lodge for 5 days at a reasonable rate. Any suggestions on flights and/or guides?

• Volcano Impact

San Carlos de Bariloche Jun 14, 2011 at 7:49 AM

I have been trying to get information on the impact of the recent volcano activity in the Bariloche area as we will be staying at a nearby fishing lodge in January. If anyone has any feedback including the potential impacts to the river/lake fishing that would be great. Thanks.

2 Answers Jun 17, 2011 at 6:44 AM
    • lclaudio's Profile Photo

CROSSING THE LAKES

San Carlos de Bariloche Apr 6, 2011 at 4:50 PM

HI. i'm gonna be in 3 weeks in bariloche, so, maybe VTs can help, once i've heard about a famous day trip on the lakes, but, altough i've researchead a lot, i didn't understand what the little trip means....so, please,how long the trip takes,it really worths, how much is it, where does it start(bariloche...), can i do just part of it, can i go by boat and back by bus ..............................................................................
      thanks any help and further informations not asked...by the way sorry my english

l claudio rj brasil

6 Answers Apr 12, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    • Currency

San Carlos de Bariloche Dec 10, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I have a very stupid question but I really don't know the answer and need your help. I want to buy a ticket from Bariloche to Puerto Montt from Cruz del Sur online. The cost they show is13.000. Can anyone advise me whether it means Argentina Peso 13 (which is about US$3.2)? It seems very cheap.

6 Answers Dec 15, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    • DinkaYa's Profile Photo

Guided tour carretera austral from Bariloche

San Carlos de Bariloche Nov 30, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I'm a solo traveler and therefore looking to do a tour with other people to the carretera austral from Bariloche...
      Does anybody have any recommendation for tour operators?

1 Answer Jan 19, 2011 at 7:31 AM
    • Driving in Bariloche in late April

San Carlos de Bariloche Nov 27, 2010 at 5:25 AM

We are going to Bariloche and the surrounding Lake District area in next late April. I was told that it would be rainy during those days. Will there be a good chance that we will get good weather? Furthermore, we will hire a car and drive by ourselves. Will the road (in particular the seven lakes route) be too bad to drive during those rainy season? Will there be snow? Do we need snow chain? Any advice will be much appreciated.

5 Answers Oct 22, 2011 at 6:20 AM
    • Any advice on finding discount flights?

San Carlos de Bariloche Nov 2, 2010 at 1:38 PM

My partner and I will be in Buenos Aires in January, and we'd like to fly to Bariloche for a couple of days. The only problem: the flights are expensive (over500 R/T). Does anyone know of a way to get a discount off of LAN's regular fares? Perhaps a package deal with a hotel? Or a two-for-one offer? Any advice would be appreciated!

2 Answers Nov 3, 2010 at 3:24 AM
    • Air Travel to Bariloche

San Carlos de Bariloche Oct 8, 2010 at 9:21 PM

My daughter said that she can fly to Bariloche from Buenos Aires in a couple of weeks for about
      800 pesos round trip; thus, it would be not be much more than bus travel. I have not been able to find fares approaching that on any site. What airlines would fly that cheap? Any suggestions about what to do for two 24yr old athletic females
      while there? Safest and most reasonable hostel? Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 8, 2010 at 11:28 PM
    • Renting an automatic car in Bariloche

San Carlos de Bariloche Mar 22, 2010 at 10:45 AM

We will be traveling to Bariloche in May and are having a difficult time
      finding an agency that has automatic vehicles. If anyone knows of one, whether at the airport or just outside the airport that would be great. Otherwise,
      since our hotel is 20 minutes from the center of town what would be the best
      way to get around. Has anyone been to Aldebaran Hotel & Spa. Do you know of
      an upscale hotel closer to town? Don't really need the spa but liked the
      feel of the hotel. Any ideas would be most welcomed.

2 Answers Mar 23, 2010 at 11:05 AM
    • Massages in San Carlos de Bariloche

San Carlos de Bariloche Jan 19, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Hi: Can anyone give me recommend hotels etc that provide good and affordable massages please? Thanks

2 Answers Jan 21, 2010 at 2:16 AM
    • crokerd's Profile Photo

San Carlos de Bariloche in June/July

San Carlos de Bariloche Oct 22, 2009 at 3:21 PM

I am planning to travel to Buenos Aires In JUne/July and then to Bariloche. Someone recommended Hotel Panamericano or Yau Yau. Any ideas? From Bariloche, we would take the tour thru the lakes, thru Cruce Andino Mountains up to Puerto Mont. Fly from Puerto MOnt to Santiago and then back to US.

Can you share ideas?

7 Answers Oct 23, 2009 at 4:17 PM
    • Snowboarding in Bariloche

San Carlos de Bariloche Jun 24, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Can anyone offer advice about arranging snowboarding near Bariloche? I already have a hostel (Penthouse 1004) booked in July but wondered whether I need to book lessons, transport, hire etc. before I arrive? Any reccomendations for who to take lessons with? I have never snowboarded before so would like group lessons for beginners in English. Also do you know if it is possible to hire snow wear i.e jacket and snowboarding pants or should I bring these with me? Am trying to pack light as continuing my travels after Bariloche. Any advice would be most appreciated!

2 Answers Jul 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM
    • Rent-a-car vs. Taxi in Bariloche

San Carlos de Bariloche Jun 1, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I will be in Bariloche for 5 days during the last week of July for skiing with my kids. Do I need to rent a car or is it easy to find cabs in Bariloche?

Thanks, Laura

2 Answers Jun 2, 2009 at 1:20 AM
    • Bariloche with Kids

San Carlos de Bariloche May 25, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Hi.
      Any tips for what to do with kid 4 year old in Bariloche? We are going for 6 days trip during the last week of July. We plan to take her to ski, but is there anything else to do? What about good restaurant there?

2 Answers May 25, 2009 at 7:11 PM
    • icebro's Profile Photo

what should i do????

Provincia de Río Negro Mar 21, 2009 at 11:28 AM

hi thanks for you help
      i am traveling from santiago,chile to neuquen then to rio negro,,i had planned on taking the bus there from santiago??is that cool? is there anything you can tell me to help out along the way? thanks a lot
      ONE
      R

1 Answer Mar 21, 2009 at 2:11 PM
    • apple-jack's Profile Photo

Weather in Bariloche

San Carlos de Bariloche Mar 8, 2009 at 8:16 AM

Hi

I will be going to Baliroche later in the year, but not sure which month, i want to go when it's quite warm, it says in the book that the winds in Oct/nov
      make it unbearable for some people, can anybody tell me is it really that bad, it looks a very beautiful place with lots of activities,

Thanks

6 Answers Mar 9, 2009 at 10:18 AM