Provincia de Pichincha

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Experiential tourism in Ecuador

Ecuador Nov 7, 2015 at 8:22 AM

Or someone knows a web site where you can find guides to take me to places not so traditional.

• Dragonlady's Profile Photo

Ecuador, ecig supplies and nicotine juice

Ecuador Nov 12, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Are ecig supplies and nicotine juices readily available in Ecuador... specifically Quito? Mompeche? If so, how would you rate quality, purity, pricing? Thanks, in advance.

• One month in acuador

Ecuador Nov 10, 2015 at 11:39 AM

Hello I'm planning to travel in Ecuador for a month January 2016 already booked Galapagos and amazon and I booked acomodation in Quito for 4 days. then I will have 2 weeks to visit otovallo mindo latacunga cotopaxi banos and cuenca.
      I'm a solo traveller. Guys do you think that I will be able to see the places I posted.

Will it be easy to buy flights from cuenca to quito there and then please?

I don't like to book accommodation in advance and you think it's easy to find on the way?

Any suggestions will help.

• Marti24's Profile Photo

What to do in Ecuador?

Ecuador Oct 30, 2015 at 6:18 AM

What are the top 10 most important thing to do?

Popular Provincia de Pichincha Travel Answer Locations

• Taxi from the airport to downtown Quito

Quito Oct 12, 2015 at 12:26 PM

I would like to know if anyone has a taxi friend that could pick me up at the new airport Sucre this thursday because I will be alone and I do not feel safe to take any taxi driver, and my flight from Canada is arriving at 11pm. Thank you very much Louise

2 Answers Oct 12, 2015 at 9:04 PM
    • hiring a climbing guide for Cayambe Climb

Cayambe Oct 7, 2015 at 11:10 AM

What is the best option for hiring a climbing guide for climbing Cayambe? I found some websites that have 2-day trips for about ~$280 per person, but I was wondering if there are cheaper local guides once you get there. My considerations are: guide speaks English (even a little bit is ok), equipment rental, and cost.

Any other advice for solo traveler on this topic would be great

1 Answer Oct 7, 2015 at 11:49 AM
    • Ecuador in May?

Quito Sep 21, 2015 at 12:25 PM

I am planning a trip to Ecuador for May 2016. As of now, we (active retired couple) plan Quito, 5 day Amazon tour, travel south to Cuenca, fly back to Quito. Is May before the tourist season? I am looking for options for travel between Quito and Cuenta. The Tren Crucero tours are not within our budget. Are there other rail options or are car rentals and driving a possibility?

3 Answers Oct 3, 2015 at 10:38 AM
    • advice for researching travel/accomodation to Ecuador

Quito Sep 20, 2015 at 1:05 PM

We are just starting research into planning a 3 wk trip to Ecuador (either Quito, Cuena or both- not sure yet) I'd like a modestly priced apartment, so any advice on the best website to search apartments or suites would be appreciated. Also we'll be flying from either Vancouver, BC or Seattle, WA - any tips on booking flights? Dates we are looking at are late December for 3 weeks. I am not even sure of the weather there at that time ;) Any referral for starting this research would be great!

Thanks, Lisa

4 Answers Sep 28, 2015 at 7:40 AM
    • Rickjo's Profile Photo

Private Transfer service from Quito´s Airport

Quito Aug 12, 2015 at 9:39 AM

I gonna arrive at Quito´s airport at 23:00 approximately the next week, I don want to take a taxi or a public bus, can someone advise me a private service to contact them? reliable guys please...

3 Answers Aug 12, 2015 at 12:01 PM
    • clothing to pack for quito september/october

Quito Jul 26, 2015 at 12:21 AM

l will be travelling to quito september 18th to 28th September then travelling to galapogos islands for a further 6 days stopping in los angeles on the way home. on th 7th October.
      What clothing to pack?

2 Answers Jul 26, 2015 at 5:29 AM
    • One month in acuador

Quito Jul 21, 2015 at 11:29 AM

I be going to acuador and galabacos island in February and I am into nature and scenery I like to walk but not alot.. can anyone give me some sort of iternary pls.. much appreciated. Thanks

2 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 9:23 PM
    • Purchase waterproof jacket

Quito Jul 19, 2015 at 1:39 AM

Where's the best place to buy a cheap waterproof jacket. My son has been had his rucksack stolen

6 Answers Jul 20, 2015 at 10:41 AM
    • Want to visit cayambe snow cap

Cayambe Jun 26, 2015 at 10:20 PM

We live in quito and have a group of 7 peoples. Want to visit cayambe snow cap of 1 day trip. What is the best way to get there from quito with ease and budget.

1 Answer Jun 26, 2015 at 11:29 PM
    • La Florista area

Quito Feb 20, 2015 at 7:26 PM

Am planning a week in September and found a great apartment in La Florista area. The owner says it is an artsy area with lots for fun resturants, cafes, etc. If you know Quito would you stay in this area? I don't need to be in the heart of activity (too old for that) but do like to have the area be interesting. Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 1, 2015 at 7:35 AM
    • ramblercarol's Profile Photo

taxi from airport.

Quito Jan 27, 2015 at 1:35 PM

I am arriving at Quito airport at 23:20 so will me round midnight before I clear customs etc. can anyone help re getting a taxi to the city as I believe the airport is a fair distant away from the city. Can you give me an idea of cost. Also is it fairly safe to use the taxi as I am a female travelling on my own.

5 Answers Feb 27, 2015 at 11:49 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

Is 1 day enough?

Quito Dec 17, 2014 at 6:13 AM

I am exploring the possibility of Ecuador for 2015/16. (I was on the mainland in the 80s briefly when I went to the Galapagos). Is 1 day enough to explore the main historical sites of Quito? Being in the US, flights arrive late at night and the city would be the 2nd day of any itinerary. Total days I am thinking about 8 or 9.

29 Answers Dec 21, 2014 at 5:39 AM
    • buying panama hat in old town quito

Quito Oct 22, 2014 at 6:59 PM

Hi there - I am in Quito for 3 days of work and no time to see anything! we do have a dinner tomorrow in old town and I hope to have a bit of time to try and buy a panama hat...any ideas where if I want a good one / willing to spend $100? thanks!

2 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 8:59 AM
    • valeriebruce's Profile Photo

What neighboorhood to stay in Quito ? Safe ?

Quito Oct 21, 2014 at 6:12 AM

hello everyone !
      I will be spending 3 nights in Quito very soon. I am looking for an area where it is mainly safe (I read a lot of stories and must say it stresses me a little).
      I was planning to take an AirBnB but cannot seem to locate the right areas that would be :
      - Safe
      - Close to main attraction and transportation
      - But not too noisy also
      I cannot figure out whether it is better to be close to Plazza grande or Parque El Ejido ? Is it beter in Mariscal (is this just north to Parque El Ejido) or the historic area (close to Plazza Grande).

Or am I just getting it all wrong ? :-)
      thanks so much for your answers

15 Answers Dec 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM
    • Taxi fare in Quito, Ecuador

Quito Aug 28, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Could anyone tell me a aproaximate cost of taxi to go from Bus terminal to Avenida Cristobal Colon at Baca Ortize. Roughly 9 kM (according to google map). Are we talking about $5 or something like $35. Appreciate the info. Thanks.

1 Answer Aug 28, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

Where to stay and what to do for a 3 night stay before Galapagos

Quito May 6, 2014 at 5:53 PM

We're going to be flying into Quito in the evening on a Thursday so we will have Friday and Saturday to visit Quito, then we will fly to the Galapagos on Sunday. I've got two places reserved in the centro historico, the San Francisco was not available so I have the Mia Leticia and the Casa El Eden reserved and will probably opt for the Casa El Eden

We're not real late night people so the lack of bars doesn't bother me but are there places to eat in the centro historico? Or should we expect to have to take taxis to eat out? Any good places for Ecuadorian cuisine either in the centro historico or elsewhere since taxis appear to be inexpensive?

It sounds like there is about a day's worth of sightseeing in the centro historic, what should we do with day 2? Should we wait to see if the altitude is a problem? Thursday will be pretty much an all day affair to get there from Chicago (transfer Miami) and that will be draining. If we wanted to go somewhere on the 2nd day, would we be able to arrange something while down there?

Money, the currency is USD so will I be OK bringing some cash, an ATM card and a credit card? The hotel takes Visa, the cruise is already paid for so it'd be for meals, taxis, etc. I assume also that the taxi from the airport will have to be paid with cash and I've seen prices in the $25-35 range.

12 Answers May 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • Yellow fever

Puerto Quito Apr 17, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Do I need a yellow fever vaccination for Puerto Quito

2 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 2:13 PM
    • Transportation from San Jose de Milpe ecolodge to Quito hotel

Mindo Feb 12, 2014 at 12:00 AM

The Ecolodge charges $90 per person to get from San Jose de Milpe to our hotel in Quito. Is there a way to do it a little more reasonably by taxi private van with several people in it, or maybe even a bus.

2 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 7:20 AM
    • Yellow Fever Certificate

Quito Feb 11, 2014 at 5:58 PM

We are flying from Lima to Quito after a 13 day holiday in Peru. We do not have Yellow Fever Certificates. Is that a problem or not?

3 Answers Apr 5, 2014 at 7:29 AM
    • Arriving to Quito airport by night

Quito Feb 10, 2014 at 3:14 PM

Flights from Montreal to Quito seem to only arrive late at night. What should I do? Is it safe? Is it possible to sleep a couple hours at the airport? Are there hostales close to the airport? Etc.
      Thank you!!

6 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 1:54 PM
    • lmongov's Profile Photo

furnished apartment for a month

Quito Dec 9, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I am looking for an apartment in Quito for a month beginning December 22? I like quiet, peaceful, clean, safe, and cheap. All help will be appreciated.

• salamq's Profile Photo

Romantic Dinner at Quito - Ecuador.

Quito Dec 9, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Hello all; I am planning to visit Quito and Manta - Ecuador for two weeks and would like to know more about the top tourism destinations and some info about restaurants for a romantic dinner. Thank you.

8 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM
    • katiebeckwith's Profile Photo

Where to Find Molasses

Quito Nov 6, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Anyone know where to find "Melaza" in Quito? I've asked at Supermaxi but they told me to look at where they sell animal feed. In English it is Molasses, and I want some to make recipes that originate from home but can't find it anywhere. Help please!

5 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 12:14 PM
    • Tour Guide

Quito Nov 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Can anyone recommend a tour guide/company ? My husband and I will have 1 1/2 days in Quito in March of 2014 and would like to see as much as possible. Also recommendations for a good hotel in Quito for just two nights. Thank yu

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Vegan Restaurant in Quito (Ecuador)

Quito Oct 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Hi Guys,

Has anyone been recently in Quito and knows of a vegan restaurant(S) ?
      I'll appreciate your help !

2 Answers Oct 24, 2013 at 1:04 AM
    • Low cost hotels

Quito Oct 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I would like to know of some quality but lower cost hotels in Quito.

2 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    • Lauren0690's Profile Photo

How to get from Quito to Lima in 8/9 days

Quito Oct 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM

My tour from the Galápagos Islands ends on 21st cot and I have to be in Lima for flight on 30th oct am. Anybody now the best way to utilize the time and get down there, e.g stops to make, transportation for me to take? Any help would be great!!

2 Answers Oct 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM
    • Quito to San Clemente with lots of luggage

Quito Sep 18, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Hello, my wife and I along with our 2 children need to get from Quito to San Clemente. The main issue is that we have 7 large suitcases each weighing 50lbs plus 4 small backpacks. I was planning to rent a van or SUV but they charge $500 for 2 days!!! Anyone have a better suggestion?

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    • PaholitaM's Profile Photo

Quito Aug 31, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Buenas noches, agradezco me asesores. Viajo el próximo jueves a Quito y regreso a mi ciudad el do,mingo. Me gustaria saber qué hoteles ofrecen un tour a bajo precio pero cómodo pues viajo sola. también recomendaciones sobre cuales zonas evitar y precios en comidas, transporte y alojamiento. También me gustaría conocer gente de otros lugares interactuar y armar plan para recorrer la ciudad. Agradezco la pronta respuesta.

4 Answers Sep 20, 2013 at 6:54 AM
    • Safest Hostel with Parking

Quito Aug 12, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I would just like to know where I can find the safest place to leave my car as I'm driving into Quito from Ibarra and will need to find a place preferably near the Guayasamin Museum or Old City or the Basilica del Voto Nacional.
      Any tips and knowledge about avoiding robbery/crime zones etc would be awesome!

Thanks a lot!