change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• maidadee's Profile Photo

Visiting Ecuador

Ecuador Apr 5, 2015 at 9:30 AM

I am thinking of visiting Ecuador around October/November of this year. I am hoping to take 3 weeks in total and would like to visit Quito, Banos, Cuenca and some other places. I don't think I will go to the Galapagos as much as I would love to because of the high costs involved in going. Is this time frame enough to visit Ecuador. Would I be able to perhaps also take in Columbia or Peru or is it better just to stick with Ecuador. I look forward to hearing what you have to say. Thanks.

more

Popular Provincia de Napo Travel Answer Locations

• Transportaion from Airport late at night

Papallacta Feb 19, 2014 at 6:02 AM

Can anyone suggest a reliable operation or driver for picking up at new Quito airport at around 11pm - 12am at night to drive directly to Papallacta. We (2people) would like to get away as quickly as possible from the airport, since it is late. Thanks.

3 Answers May 1, 2014 at 4:50 AM
    • Booking lodges near Misahualli

Puerto MisahuallĂ­ Feb 9, 2014 at 7:43 AM

We are planning to spend a couple of nights at a lodge down river from Misahualli at the end of March. We are looking for a budget lodge that is clean but also offers good food and guides for birding and nature hikes. Would like to be in as primary rainforest as is possible for this region. Any suggestions on a place, and is reserving in advance necessary? Thanks

1 Answer Feb 10, 2014 at 6:04 PM
    • Flying to Tena

Tena Feb 9, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I had researched options to travel to Tena and didn't find any info about flying, including asking an agent in Quito, but I just saw flights available on the Tame Airlines booking website. Quito to Tena (Jumandy Airport). Can you tell me where the airport is that they land at? It looks like it is near Misahualli, but not sure? Also, should I trust booking on the Tame website, as it now takes credit card payment by foreign credit cards? Gracias

4 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 6:11 PM
    • pbgirl's Profile Photo

Rainy season in the Oriente

Cuyabeno Feb 7, 2014 at 10:42 PM

I plan to do a Cuyabeno jungle trip in mid may. Can I expect a lot of rain - will there be so much that it will affect what we can do? Or should we give it a pass and spend more time elsewhere in Ecuador?

2 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 11:20 PM
    • JungleMatias's Profile Photo

Canoe journey from Tena to Iquitos via river Napo.

Provincia de Napo Aug 21, 2010 at 5:34 AM

Hi everybody. Early November, I'm planning to fly to Quito (I live in Rome), bus to Tena, buy a canoe, then paddle the canoe from Tena on the Napo river (Ecuador) to Iquitos (Peru). 1,400 kilometres, Tena-Iquitos by canoe should take around 2 to 3 months. I would appreciate any advice from anybody that knows the region, or has had experience travelling distance in a canoe. I'll take a hammock, to sleep in the jungle at night. I do speak Spanish.

Thanks.

Matias

2 Answers Aug 23, 2010 at 12:52 PM
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Mosquitoes ??

Tena Oct 16, 2005 at 7:25 PM

Hi we leave next week for Le Selva lodge...I'm just wondering if we should bring mosquito nets or are the rooms mosquito proofed enough?

Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Oct 18, 2005 at 2:49 PM
    • artichokeforest's Profile Photo

anyone been to Tena?

Tena Feb 7, 2005 at 2:46 PM

Hello, I am plannign to got to Tena, in Napo province, Ecuador. I was just wondering if anyone has been there or knows any info about this place. I am interested in checkign out indigenous communities and rainforest life in general. Would be great to get any feedback if possible. good things? bad things? any recomendations? thanks in advance

4 Answers Apr 8, 2011 at 8:04 AM