change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• laurennnnnnnnnnnn's Profile Photo

Iguazu Falls

Puerto Iguazú Apr 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Does anybody know how I would get from Puerto Iguazu to Iguazu Falls (Argentinian side), and also the next day I will be visiting the Brazilian side, where would the best place be to visit next in Brazil? I am planning to travel through all of Brazil so preferably somewhere close to Iguazu Falls to start off with, also would you recommend visiting other places around here such as Chile, Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia, etc. Thank you!

more
    • Brazil/Argentina trip

Puerto Iguazú Yesterday

My wife and I are both british citizens. We are travelling to Rio, then planning to travel to Iguazu on our way to Buenos Aires. We would like to visit both sides of the falls, but we're coming from Foz du Iguacu Airport on a Friday and then travelling out from Puerto Iguazu Airport on the Monday (intending a day for each side of the falls). Is it better to stay in a hotel on the Brazilian or Argentinian side (we do not intend to stay at one of the more expensive places near the falls unfortunately). If we have just come from Brazil is it easier to stay there and then travel over just for our day trip to the Argentine side and then our trip to the airport on the Monday, or are we better to cross the border when we arrive on the Friday and nip back into Brazil for the day? We would rather stay in one hotel for the duration.

Is customs a reasonably straight forward job?

more

Popular Provincia de Misiones Travel Answer Locations

• Brazil/Argentina trip

Puerto Iguazú Yesterday

My wife and I are both british citizens. We are travelling to Rio, then planning to travel to Iguazu on our way to Buenos Aires. We would like to visit both sides of the falls, but we're coming from Foz du Iguacu Airport on a Friday and then travelling out from Puerto Iguazu Airport on the Monday (intending a day for each side of the falls). Is it better to stay in a hotel on the Brazilian or Argentinian side (we do not intend to stay at one of the more expensive places near the falls unfortunately). If we have just come from Brazil is it easier to stay there and then travel over just for our day trip to the Argentine side and then our trip to the airport on the Monday, or are we better to cross the border when we arrive on the Friday and nip back into Brazil for the day? We would rather stay in one hotel for the duration.

Is customs a reasonably straight forward job?

11 Answers 17 hours ago
    • laurennnnnnnnnnnn's Profile Photo

Iguazu Falls

Puerto Iguazú Apr 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Does anybody know how I would get from Puerto Iguazu to Iguazu Falls (Argentinian side), and also the next day I will be visiting the Brazilian side, where would the best place be to visit next in Brazil? I am planning to travel through all of Brazil so preferably somewhere close to Iguazu Falls to start off with, also would you recommend visiting other places around here such as Chile, Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia, etc. Thank you!

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    • ozalp's Profile Photo

I know this is a little bit weird but I'm seeking someone/buscando a una persona

Puerto Iguazú Jan 2, 2014 at 8:28 AM

We travelled to Puerto Iguazu from Brazil on 30th of December. We were waiting for the bus to Argentina and a guy came and joined us. Waited together, passed the border, helped each other, chat a little bit. Then at the Argentina office I lost him without saying goodbye or thanks.

So, if you know someoneo traveled from.Rio de Janeiro to a city in Argentina via Foz de Iguaçu and Puerto Iguazu on 30th of December, please say him I am searching for him. Or thank him for me.

Any advices to contact him is welcome btw.

Thanks folks, in advance.

• To Go of Not to Go...

Parque Nacional del Iguazù Sep 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Planning to be in Iguazu for 2.5 days at the beginning of October, but just discovered that I am not a candidate for yellow fever vaccine and am wondering if reasonable caution (bug repellent, long sleeves/pants) is sufficient or if I must cancel this lap of my trip. Don't want to, but don't want to be frightened all the time either. Are there places within the site to avoid, times of day to stay indoors? Are the hotels "safe"? Grateful for your thoughts.

9 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM
    • Qaddafi's Profile Photo

Border Cross

Puerto Iguazú Aug 12, 2013 at 5:29 AM

Can one cross the border between Argentina and Brazil any hour or there are timings for it to stamp the passport?

1 Answer Aug 13, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    • accomodation at the falls

Parque Nacional del Iguazù Jul 7, 2013 at 9:02 AM

We fly in late at night on the Brazillian side and fly out 2 days later in the morning from the Argentina side of the falls. Which country should we book our accomodation in or should we spend the first night in Brazil and the other 2 nights in Argentina?

3 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM
    • Unique82's Profile Photo

Puerto Iguazú to Salto /Montevideo Uruguay bus

Puerto Iguazú Feb 6, 2013 at 8:09 AM

Hi! does anyone know anyone know if there is a bus from Puerto Iguazú to Salto or Montevideo in Uruguay?. I got told there is one but i cant find the information online.

2 Answers Feb 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM
    • Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls - Help!! Ayuda!!!

Puerto Iguazú Dec 6, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I would like to travel via bus from Buenos Aires to Iguazu falls. How long is the trip? Cost? Does anyone has the website to the bus line? Is the destination of the bus near hotels that are very, very reasonable? I have a small roll- baggage, is that going to be a problem on the bus?
      Malaria pills or not? I intend to stay two nights, three days.
      Any other questions that I should know that would be important?

Thank you! Gracias mi gente!!

5 Answers Dec 9, 2012 at 6:54 AM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Brazil side of Iguazu Falls

Parque Nacional del Iguazù Nov 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I am staying on the Argentine side of Iguazu Falls for a day. Is it worth it to cross the border and visit the Brazilian side of Iguazu Falls as well? Is it worth the trouble to get the Brazilian visa if I am not going anywhere else in Brazil? What is difference between the Argentine side versus the Brazilian side?

9 Answers Nov 16, 2012 at 6:57 AM
    • Luggage storage at Falls

Puerto Iguazú Feb 20, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Hi
      just wondering if there is anywhere to store your luggage on the Brazil side of the Falls? We fly into the Puerto Iguazu side and would like to get a taxi the next day to the Brazil side and was hoping there was somewhere in the national park to store our suitcase.
      any assistance would be appreciated.
      regards
      Cat

1 Answer Feb 20, 2012 at 12:43 PM
    • Can i do this 'route' and how long does the busride take from the one to the other side?

Puerto Iguazú Dec 5, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Hello,

I am arriving at the brazil airport in the evening, my plan is to
      go to the argentina side that evening or early the next morning. Then
      have the day for the argentina side, and in the evening go to the
      brazil side. See that side in the morning and i have to be at the
      airport at 13.00 p.m.

- can i do this or is this not enough time to really enjoy it?
      - what i really would like to know is how long the busride is from the
      brazil airport to the argentina side. I read 1 hour till 4 hours so i dont know.
      - do the buses go in the evening?

Thank you!!

Regards Marjo

1 Answer Dec 5, 2011 at 7:56 AM
    • Pavol's Profile Photo

TAM airline from IGU to Rio

Puerto Iguazú Nov 9, 2011 at 4:54 AM

Anyone flew from Fog de Igazu ( Brazil ) to Rio on TAM 3:30pm?
      1. Its the only direct afternoon flight available...was it ever cancelled?
      2. We are checking out of Sheraton on ARG side in the morning..is there enough time to see Brazil side of Falls before flying out?
      3. Can we check-in our luggage early at the airport and then continue to the falls?

1 Answer Nov 9, 2011 at 1:32 PM
    • Transport from IGU Airport, Brazil (Iguassu Falls) to Puerto Iguazu Argentina

Cataratas del Iguazù Nov 4, 2011 at 7:36 AM

I am travelling with my wife to the Falls next year. We are arriving and departing from IGU the Brazil airport but, we are staying in a hotel in Puerto Iguazu Argentina. We arrive around 7pm.

Will it be difficult for us to catch a taxi from the Brazil Airport and cross the border to Puerto Iguazu Argentina in the evening?

About how long will it take?

How much would we expect to pay for the taxi?

Do any buses operate between IGU airport and Puerto Iguazu in the evening?

Thank you in anticipation!

2 Answers Nov 4, 2011 at 4:35 PM
    • heawalker's Profile Photo

Honeymooners need your advise!

Parque Nacional del Iguazù Nov 2, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Hi !!
      My husband and I will need to take a bus (very romantic!) from Iguazu Falls (argentine side) to Buenos Aires on 21 st or 22nd December.... can anyone advise me a website that we can prebook some seats through ahead of leaving for our trip??
      Also is it best to get the Cama Coche (???! sorry if spelling is wrong!) as i know it's a good 17/18 hour journey!

Also do we also REALLY need to get Yellow Fever jabs done or will DEET deter them bugs enough?

Thanks in advance!!! :-D

9 Answers Nov 5, 2011 at 9:49 AM
    • Advice on travelling to Brazilian side of falls

Puerto Iguazú Oct 30, 2011 at 3:01 AM

I arrive at IGR (Argentine) at 1500 for a 2 night stay. Departing at 1800 (same airport) on 3rd day. On the last day travelling from Puerto Iguazo will I have time to tour falls from Brazilian side and still have time to get catch plane (not sure how long crossing the border takes and I will have to do that twice). Is there somewhere at IGR to leave luggage so that I can travel lightly for the falls visits.

2 Answers Nov 1, 2011 at 3:32 PM
    • Transportation from the Airport to the downtown

Puerto Iguazú Oct 7, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Hi! I will travel with my family to Puerto Iguazú. I am arriving at almost 9:00 PM to the airport, I would like to know if it is necessary to rent a car before arriving. Or if there are bus or taxi services from the airport to the city since it is late in the night. Thank you for your help.

3 Answers Oct 21, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    • tour

Puerto Iguazú Sep 4, 2011 at 4:19 PM

hi there,
      we are definitely booking into the sheraton hotel with you. is it necessary to have a 1/2 tour to devil's throat or can we walk there by ourselves?
      what is the best option for round trip transfers to hotel from airport? does the sheraton provide shuttles?
      thank you very much!
      cheers, ling foo (australia)

1 Answer Sep 5, 2011 at 2:11 AM
    • Travel time from Puerto Iguazu to IGU airport early in the morning?

Puerto Iguazú Aug 8, 2011 at 5:13 AM

I am considering an early flight from IGU (Brazilian) airport to Rio at 9:30a.m.
      I would plan to use a taxi. I will have a Brazilian visa. At what time would I need to leave my Puerto Iquazu hotel to arrive at the airport in time for my flight? Thank you in advance for advice.

1 Answer Aug 8, 2011 at 5:18 AM
    • Autobus service.

Puerto Iguazú Jul 22, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Hello, my name is Hiroshi. I wish to know if the bus service is available between Salta and Iguaz. If so could you tell how I can make a reservaion.
      I am visiting Iguas on beginning of September.
      Muchas gracias.

1 Answer Jul 23, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    • lccc14656's Profile Photo

Crossing From Argentina Side To Brazilian Side

Puerto Iguazú Jul 21, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Hi,

My wife & i will be in Iguazu in September,we want to see the Brazilian side of the falls as well so any advice on the easiest way is very much appreciated.

1.How easy is it to catch the bus from Iguazu to the Brazilian falls,is it direct or would we have to catch another bus on the brazilian side?

2.What is the cost of the bus?

3.Do we have to get off at the border & do we need a visa (we are UK citizens)?

4.Would we need Brazilian money for the bus & entrance fee to the falls?

5.Are the buses frequent both ways & well signposted?

6.I have heard mention of using a taxi,what kind of price would this be & are the taxis reliable,do the taxis stay during your day at the falls or do they come back for you at an agreed time?

Any help & advice would be very helpful for us,this is our first visit to Argentina & very much looking forward to the trip.

Kind Regards,
      John

5 Answers Jul 23, 2011 at 6:26 AM
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Staying in Puerto Iguazu or Foz do Iguacu

Puerto Iguazú May 1, 2011 at 8:08 PM

My friend and I are planning to visit Argentina in late August this year. We probably will be staying in the Iguazu Falls area for a couple of days. Based on the comments on VT, it looks like we should visit both the Argentinian and Brazilian sides to get a better perspective of the falls.

Can you recommend which we should base ourselves in, in terms of safety, price and convenience? We will mostly likely be flying in from Buenos Aires, unless there are direct flights from Salta or Mendoza.

A related question about Brazilian visas: While I understand from the forum posts that it is possible to get a visa when we get to Puerto Iguazu, or somehow arrange for a driver to get us to Brazil without one, for our peace of mind, we rather get all the proper papers before we leave for S.A. from Canada. I saw on the Brazil Consulate Toronto website that we need to show our travel itinerary before they would grant us the visa. Is that true? If I just have plane tickets to Puerto Iguazu, can I just attach that itinerary and with my visa application and add a note stating that I will be taking the bus to Foz for a day trip?

Thanks!

5 Answers Jul 21, 2011 at 8:48 PM
    • dragonflylt's Profile Photo

Is an Overnight Stay enough to enjoy the Falls?

Puerto Iguazú Feb 27, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Hi all! Heading to Buenos Aires on an MBA assignment. Will have 5 days to spare and i was contemplating heading to the Igauzu Falls for a day (overnight trip). My preference is to fly from Buenos Aires. Any hotel recommendations or travel thoughts that i might not be considering are greatly appreciated. Gracias! Laura

4 Answers Mar 23, 2011 at 2:55 AM
    • Accomodation

Puerto Iguazú Jan 7, 2011 at 2:28 AM

Has any VT member stayed in Los Troncos Resort/Hotel in Puerto Iguaza, Argentina before? I have read many good reviews on this hotel. I have written to make enquiries to this hotel website. However, no response whatsoever is received. Does anyone know of their contact? Or any website/agent I can contact in order to make reservation?

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Jan 19, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    • Macuco safari tour for my mother in Iguazu, Brazil

Puerto Iguazú Dec 22, 2010 at 2:25 PM

Hi, I am currently visiting Brazil with my 65 year old mother. She can walk alright, but she cannot do heavy activities (has high BP). We did Devil´s throat and Upper circuit in Argentina. Is Macuco safari tour on the Brazil side rough? Is it a very high speed boat or is it just like a normal boat? Is it bumpy? I really appreciate any advise. Thanks very much.

1 Answer Dec 23, 2010 at 12:26 AM
    • rosa2010's Profile Photo

Puerto Iguazu to Brazilian side

Puerto Iguazú Nov 15, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Hi

I arrive into Puerto Iguazu (IGR) next February 2011.I am staying 2 nights in Puerto Iguazu. I depart from Brazil airport (IGU)at 3.30pm. Can anyone hep me with the following questions:

Where can I store my luggage on the brazil side while I go to the Brazil side of the falls?

How long does it take to get from Puerto Iguazu to the brazil side of the falls?

how long does it take to get from Puerto Iguazu to Brazil airport by taxi and how much would it cost?

any help will be apreciated!

cheers

1 Answer Nov 16, 2010 at 8:31 AM
    • How to get to Puerto Iguazu from Brazil side airport

Puerto Iguazú Nov 3, 2010 at 5:41 PM

I will arrive around 6:50pm at Brazil Iguassu Falls airport. Is it possble to travel to the Argentine side by public transportation? Thanks.

1 Answer Nov 3, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    • IMMEDIATE ADVICE NEEDED? Do I need to take Malaria tablets for Iguassu Falls and bus to Buenos Aires

Puerto Iguazú Sep 21, 2010 at 10:18 AM

In a few days I go to Iguassu Falls.

The following links shows that Iguassu Falls is in a malaria risk zone

fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk/des...

In addition I will be getting a bus from Puerto Iguazu to Buenos Aires which goes through this malaria risk zone. But it seems that so many people dont bother taking malaria tablets for the falls. So do I need to take the malarone tablets for the falls and more importantly the drive through the malaria zone

Thanks

2 Answers Oct 1, 2010 at 3:44 PM
    • transport from AGT to Puerto Iguazu

Puerto Iguazú Sep 16, 2010 at 7:59 AM

I am flying into AGT but going to hotel on Argentina side. How will I get there from AGT, Paraguay? Will I need to get a Brazilian visa if the only option is through Brazil.

1 Answer Sep 30, 2010 at 1:37 AM
    • Dress Code for Sheraton Hotel (Argentina side) Dining Rooms?

Parque Nacional del Iguazù Sep 10, 2010 at 4:02 PM

We are 4 travelers on our way to Antartica and will spend one night at the Sheraton International Hotel in early December 2010. We will fly up from BsAs on Friday morning and will return to BsAs on Saturday afternoon. We will be having dinner at the hotel's restaurant and need to know how fancy we will have to dress for the evening. We are leaving most of our luggage in our BsAs hotel, so will only pack for one night at the Falls.
      Thanks,
      TK

1 Answer Sep 12, 2010 at 3:34 PM
    • leaving the argentina side to the brazil side

Puerto Iguazú Jul 14, 2010 at 2:58 PM

hi
      i am planning to go with 2 other people at the end of august and we have budget and time restraints and this looks like the only way we can see the falls. We are planning to arrive from buenos aires by plane to the argentina side and go directly to the falls and then cross over to the brazillian side with our visas (canadians) my question is will they allow us to bring our luggage with us into the park? and is it fairly easy to roll it around with us in the park and go through customs? and is it safe to get a taxi from the argentina side to the park? how much would it cost? also is it safe to grab a taxi from the brazillian side to a hotel near the airport? and how much does it cost? also is the park safe if we bring our things or are there people down there that can try to steal our stuff?
      thanks so much for your help

2 Answers Jul 14, 2010 at 3:44 PM