Provincia de Mendoza

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Skiing in September. Mendoza or Bariloche

Argentina Apr 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I am planning a ski trip in September around Mendoza and/or Bariloche, but I am not sure how the snow condition and the weather there is. Will ski resort already close in the mid-September? How about the backcountry skiing in September? Hope there is someone could give me some suggestions.
      Thanks in advance!!
      zugi

more
    • Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

North Argentina

Argentina Apr 1, 2014 at 12:12 PM

I'm planning a three weeks journey to north Argentina from the end of July and beginning of August.

I'd like to visit Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Iguazou and Alta. In Iguazou I'd like to visit also the Jesuit Mission in Argentina, Brasil and Paraguay.

Any suggestions how long to stay in each place? Is it safe to travel alone renting a car?
      Any information/suggestion is welcome.

Thanks!

more
    • Cicerones de Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires Apr 16, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Does somebody know about Cicerones de Buenos Aires? I heard they give free walking tours

more
    • Car Rental

El Calafate Mar 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Has anyone tried ON Car Rental for a 4X4?

more
    • laurennnnnnnnnnnn's Profile Photo

Iguazu Falls

Puerto Iguazú Apr 17, 2014 at 1:31 PM

Does anybody know how I would get from Puerto Iguazu to Iguazu Falls (Argentinian side), and also the next day I will be visiting the Brazilian side, where would the best place be to visit next in Brazil? I am planning to travel through all of Brazil so preferably somewhere close to Iguazu Falls to start off with, also would you recommend visiting other places around here such as Chile, Peru, Paraguay, Bolivia, etc. Thank you!

more
    • laurennnnnnnnnnnn's Profile Photo

buses in buenos aires

Buenos Aires Apr 16, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Does anybody know how and where can you get a luxury coach for travelling from a hotel near Ministro Pistarini International Airport to Iguazu falls? Thanks.

more
    • Bonniedarling's Profile Photo

Scl to Mdz

Mendoza Feb 15, 2014 at 6:56 PM

If we fly from the US to scl with only carryon luggage and immediately take a flight to Mdz, will we have to pay both entry fees or only Argentinas? If we take the bus back to Chile will we have to pay the Chile fee?

3 Answers Feb 16, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    • Accommodation

Mendoza Jan 18, 2014 at 1:42 AM

I am looking for safe and clean hotel tips in Mendoza. Up to 50USD/DBL, private bathroom, breakfast incl., centrally location.

1 Answer Jan 18, 2014 at 7:03 AM
    • New Year's Eve Mendoza or Buenos Aires

Mendoza Oct 24, 2013 at 1:23 PM

My husband and I, along with his best friend will be in Mendoza around New Year's Eve. We have an apartment that we rented from December 26th - February in Buenos Aires but decided to make our first trip to the wine region. I can't really find any events going on in either place. Should we stay in Mendoza over New Years and if so, what is there to do?? Or should we fly back to Buenos Aires?? We aren't looking for anything too crazy, but enjoy celebrating New Year's Eve in different countries so we really don't want to celebrate by ourselves. Please help!!

1 Answer Oct 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM
    • Bus from Mendoza to San Martin de los Andes

Mendoza Aug 29, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Is there a daily bus service from Mendoza to San Martin de los Andes, or Zapala?

3 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 6:32 AM
    • FranciscoS's Profile Photo

Stay in MDZ or go to Neuquen?

Mendoza May 27, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Dears, I am planning to stay 3 days in MDZ visiting remarkable wineries then go to San Rafael to do the same. I will have more 3 days in the region, may I flight to Neuquén to get introduced to Patagonian wines or stay and enjoy more Mendoza's wines and places?

7 Answers May 29, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    • Cost of transfers

Mendoza Mar 10, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Also trying to determine what the cost of a transfer/taxi from the airport in Mendoza to San Metin city will cost

• Restaurant near San Martin (city)

Mendoza Mar 10, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Can anyone recommend a few nice restaurants or tastings for a dinner near San Martin city but not in Mendoza City (I am staying in San Martin) and was told there aren't any good restaurants in San Martin but not sure i want to go into Mendoza City. It's just for one night.

• travel outside of mendoza

Provincia de Mendoza Aug 14, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Visiting my college student daughter, need recommendation on sites to visit outside of Mendoza. Should we rent a car or is there other tranportation options? We have a week to explore? Is driving to Salta unrealistic or to Bariloche. Don't want to be just driving but having a few interesting stops or overnights would be great. Is it safe for two women to be travelling alone in these areas?

3 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 5:38 AM
    • ctjonas's Profile Photo

renting motorbike or motorscooter

Mendoza Aug 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to rent a motor scooter or small motorcycle in mendoza for a couple of days?
      perhaps an address???
      muchos gracia for any help.

• chtjonas's Profile Photo

how to get to the mountains???

Mendoza May 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM

HI!!
      may sound silly: but I will be in mendoza for 2 days in february next year. I just want to take this opportunity to take a short trip into the mountains. I mean I just want to take a bus up to somewhere, walk (I'm pretty good at that) to some village or town or just up to touch some snow....
      ANY SUGGESTIONS???
      thanks a lot

3 Answers Feb 28, 2013 at 5:30 AM
    • InsatiableWanderlust's Profile Photo

Winery Bike tour at Maipu (Mendoza)

Mendoza Dec 11, 2011 at 5:53 AM

Hello fellow travellers,
      I am planning to do a bike tour of the Vineyards of Maipu late December. I have a couple of questions regarding that:
      1. Can I be at Maipu around 11 am and still be able to rent a decent bike or do all the good ones get picked early in the morning?
      2. Are there any Vineyards that are an absolute must see?
      Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
      Happy Travels and have a great day.

1 Answer Dec 13, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    • Rafting in San Rafael in December?

Mendoza Nov 27, 2011 at 10:53 AM

any recommendations of guide companies and particular water?

3 Answers Nov 28, 2011 at 3:44 AM
    • Pavol's Profile Photo

location of Casa Margot and Margot Deli, outside Mendoza ARG

Chacras de Coria Nov 18, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Anyone dined at Casa Margot? Is it the same location as Margot Deli? They both list the same address but a different spot on the map

• Pavol's Profile Photo

Casa Margot outside Mendoza

Mendoza Nov 14, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Anyone visited Casa Margot? Is this place in the suburb of mendoza or in the open country side? Google Earth address shows it in middle of residential neighborhood

• Buses on 26th December to Santiago

Mendoza Oct 2, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Hi

We need to get from Mendoza to Santiago on 26th December 2011. Does anyone know if buses will be running this day and is it a normal service? Is it advisable to book this in advance and can that be done via the internet?

Also, how much of a shut down is there in the Mendoza area on Christmas Day?

Any recommendations for local Christmas highlights?

Thanks

Barry

4 Answers Oct 6, 2011 at 9:01 AM
    • stjomopaul's Profile Photo

Spanish Language School

Mendoza Apr 23, 2011 at 2:03 PM

It is my understanding that there are some very fine Spanish Language schools in Mendoza. I live in the United States, have no knodledge of Spanish and would like to travel to Mendoza and immerse myself in the study of Spanish for up to one month. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

4 Answers May 15, 2013 at 2:58 AM
    • milliturtle's Profile Photo

Biking in August?

Mendoza Mar 25, 2011 at 9:58 PM

My friend and I are thinking about visiting Argentina in late August. One thing she really wants to do is to take a day tour biking to visit the wineries. I know August will be winter in Mendoza, but what is the temperature like? Will it be good biking weather or will there be snow on the ground? I did a quick search on the Internet and the temperature seem to range from 6 C to 22 C, so I am a bit confused now. Also, would you describe the region to be an easy biking trip or would it be rolling hills like (say) Tuscany?

Are there other activities you can suggest for us? Like cooking classes or other non-sports activities? (Friend made it clear she won't go horseback riding, so that's out.)

Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 2, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    • English in Mendoza & Santiago

Mendoza Dec 18, 2010 at 5:21 AM

I don't speak Spanish (yet), but will be visiting Argentina in February and March. I will be traveling alone. Will it be difficult for me to get by using English in Mendoza and Santiago?

8 Answers Dec 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM
    • Summiting Aconcagua without guide

Mendoza Dec 17, 2010 at 5:10 PM

Hi all. I plan to summit Aconcagua around Jan/Feb,route to be discussed. I would like to do it by myself without the crazy expense of going with the guided tours. It's possible with good planning but extra company would be great. Any one interested I would be keen to hear from.
      good travels

1 Answer Dec 18, 2010 at 5:28 AM
    • Santiago to Mendoza

Provincia de Mendoza Dec 10, 2010 at 8:03 PM

How long is the bus ride from Santiago to Mendoza? How much does it cost? What is the condition of the bus? Any suggestions? Thanks.

1 Answer Dec 11, 2010 at 11:46 AM
    • What else to do in Mendoz area apart from wine

Mendoza Nov 18, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Hi we live in a very good wine growing region of france and are not seriously interested invisiting wineries in Mendoza unless they have something special to offer. We are on our way north from Bariloche to Salta area via Cordoba. Is there anything else worth stopping off for in Mendoza or should we go onto Cordoba. Would appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks

4 Answers Nov 18, 2010 at 1:33 PM
    • andrew.rowe86's Profile Photo

When to book everything?

Mendoza Nov 16, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Hey everyone, Im going to Mendoza in Feb 2011 and was wondering when is the best time to book trips for activities whilst in Mendoza?
      I want to do some winery tours and trips to the Andes etc.. is it best to wait until I arrive in Mendoza or pre book before I go?
      Im a young guy travelling solo - can anyone reccomend some good activities to do?

6 Answers Mar 10, 2011 at 3:09 AM
    • visit mendoza from santiago

Provincia de Mendoza Sep 10, 2010 at 2:59 PM

My wife and I would like to visit wineries in mendoza. We would start from santiago and return to santiago. We can take as much as 3 or 4 days. Should we take a packaged tour or travel on our own? If a tour, are there some recommended tour companies? If we go on our own what is the best way to arrange it? Should we fly or go by train, bus or car with driver? Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

1 Answer Sep 11, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    • Hi i am looking for a good guide to go to good winery

Mendoza Jul 5, 2010 at 7:35 PM

If you have experiences with one good guided tour plz recommend me the name and the website, thanks.

2 Answers Aug 18, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    • Aconcagua Park on July 1st

Mendoza Jun 23, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Aconcagua Park is closed during the winter months? We want to visit the Aconcagua Peak, as I heard the view is nice. I looked into some tour companies, and only few seem to go there while others just show you the view of the peak from a distance. Any information on this would be helpful. Thanks,

4 Answers Jun 28, 2010 at 5:04 PM
    • ChaplinM's Profile Photo

I will travel to Mendoza coming from Santiago, for New Year´s Eve, any suggestions?

Mendoza Nov 5, 2009 at 5:50 PM

I would like to know about 3 star hotels in Mendoza and also in Santiago, if possible. In Santiago, I would like to stay in Providencia neighborhood. In Mendoza, in a walking distance from everywhere in town. Besides, I need to know which are the best vineyeards and if a reservation is needed for lunch.
      Also about companies that take tourists to vineyards.
      Thanks in advance.

6 Answers Dec 1, 2009 at 1:18 PM
    • getting from Mendoza to Buenos Aries

Mendoza Sep 27, 2009 at 3:23 PM

We are going to take the bus to Buenos Aries from Mendoza. How long is the trip? When does it go? I have seen on the net to plan for 22 hrs. I am befudled by when to book the hotel in Mendoza. If I come in on Friday at 3pm and want to spend a day in Mendoza, when will the bus leave to take me to BA? Ideally if I came in at 3Pm on Friday, I would l leave Sat. night. at 10PM and arrive Sunday evening about 6PM. Does this sound right?

2 Answers Sep 28, 2009 at 2:34 PM
    • travelm8s's Profile Photo

Looking for a car and driver for wine tour and Drive to Santiago

Mendoza Sep 18, 2009 at 12:27 PM

We are coming to Mendoza in November (2 people)and wish to arrange for a private tour of the wineries of the region. We are in the area for 3 nights. Any recommendations would be appreicated (individuals our tour companies). Also, we wish to make an arrangement with a car and driver for a one-way drive to Santiago. I am a photographer and would want to make various stops along the way. Thank you in advance, we can hardly wait to arrive to Argentina.

5 Answers Sep 19, 2009 at 11:03 AM
    • Bicycle and University

Mendoza Aug 13, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Hello!

I have two very unrelated questions:

1. Is it easy to buy a decent road bike in mendoza? Also, is it a bike friendly town at all?

2. Is it possible to take classes at any of the local universities? I don't really want to enroll full time, but I'd love to take a class or two.

Thanks!

badassumption

1 Answer Feb 16, 2010 at 5:08 AM
    • Fly Fishing in Mendoza

Mendoza Jun 15, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Does anyone know a private guide for fly fishing? We've seen the websites for troutandwine.com etc. Many thanks.

1 Answer Jun 15, 2009 at 8:34 PM