change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Provincia de Maputo Travel Answer Locations

• cost of bus trips north

Maputo Apr 30, 2014 at 6:36 AM

How much does it cost to take a bus from Maputo north to Mocuba on Nagi Nagi or another of the big bus companies?

1 Answer Apr 30, 2014 at 11:28 PM
    • ozzieinmozzie's Profile Photo

Ferries to Xefina Island

Ilha Xefina Grande Mar 5, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Hi, I'm trying to organise a day trip or overnight trip to Xefina Island but according to this website (mozambicanhotels.com/tourist...) there is no ferry there. Anyone know how much it costs to hire a boat to carry you out there?

• ChibweF's Profile Photo

Social Economy

Maputo Nov 13, 2013 at 7:30 AM

How is social life and are hotels quite of night walkers

1 Answer Nov 13, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • Laranjinha (tuk-tuk taxi)

Maputo Sep 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM

We will be ariving by MSC ship, in harbour in November. Where will we find the tuk-tuks for transportation and what will the fee per km be?

1 Answer Sep 30, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    • By bus from OR Tambo to Maputo

Maputo Aug 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I need to go from OR Tambo to Maputo by bus. I would prefer not to go in the city and catch the bus on the station. Does some one know the best company to pick?
      Many thanks

10 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    • Transport Maputo to Bilene

Maputo Jun 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Hello, I am going to Maputo by bus in a few weeks and need transport from Translux bus stop to a resort in Bilene. We are 2 people travelling and would like to use a shuttle door to door/meter taxi or any means that will deliver us to the resort direct. Any suggestions please, and the cost?

1 Answer Jun 30, 2013 at 3:17 AM
    • Night Clubs

Maputo Mar 19, 2013 at 7:02 AM

what is happening on the 30th of March 2013

• Accomodation Problem

Maputo Oct 22, 2012 at 10:34 PM

8 of us (Australians) had a booking at the The Quiet Corner Guesthouse for New Year in Maputo but the owners of the guesthouse cancelled our booking yesterday, as they have decided to do renovations. Now faced with big problem of finding accommodation. If you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate it...the dates are: Check in: 30/12/2012 Check out: 02/01/2013 Total days = 3

1 Answer Oct 23, 2012 at 2:25 AM
    • Elephant reserve Maputo

Maputo Jun 20, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Dear all

It'll be my third time in Maputo, but I was always in transit. This time I really want to visit a looot :)
      So I thought it could be cool to combine a visit to the Inhaca and Portuguese Islands with a visit to the Elephant reserve. The problem is I cannot find any up to date information online. Can someone help?

Since I'm travelling afterwards to Niassa, I'm not affiliated with any hotel or tour operator. Of course I'd be keen to join any organized tour/ or group to the Elephant reserve. Any tips are more more than welcome :)

Assante,

Luisa

• Surf Board Rental in Maputo?

Maputo Jan 1, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Hi all,

anyone know if there is a place to rent boards (or even boogie boards) in or near Maputo?

Thanks greatly for any help!!!

1 Answer Jan 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM
    • Best Areas in Maputo for fun

Maputo Dec 3, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Hi Folks,
      My partner and I are coming to Maputo for a few days early in the new year and are wondering where the best area is to stay in town that is close to the best nightlife and things to do.
      We dont particularly want to be in the business district but probably need something close to the airport, with transfers to and from.
      Also, what are the best things to do in Maputo?
      Any help would be appreciated
      Cheers
      Stuart

1 Answer Dec 5, 2011 at 6:40 AM
    • how can i travel from Ponta Malongane or ponta da oura to maputu?

Provincia de Maputo Dec 1, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Hi guys,
      Does any one know for sure of any reliable public transport or private operator that travels this route - we are volunteering in kwazulu natal, then mozambique in jan / feb '12 and can find travel for all other legs of the journey, but nothing for this leg - we need it cheap and reliable in rainy season...happy to go on boat / bus/ you name it...any e-mail adds / tel no's would be most appreciated
      god bless, big hugs, rena and neal

1 Answer Dec 2, 2011 at 2:38 AM
    • HOTEL TRANSFERS

Maputo Jul 7, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Could you please advise whether there are taxi's or bus transfers to and from Bilene. We are going there for a week and do not wish to hire a car as this works out extremely expensive i.e. over R450-00 per day and we only need to get to the hotel and back.

Thanks
      Lynn

1 Answer Jul 7, 2011 at 1:38 AM
    • restaurant

Maputo Sep 18, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Do you know any Turkish Restaurant in Moputo

• Taxi Trouble

Maputo Sep 14, 2010 at 5:34 AM

How do I go about getting a taxi from Maputo Airport till Xai Xai?
      Will a taxi service be available from the airport?

1 Answer Nov 13, 2010 at 7:28 AM
    • travel guide

Maputo Jun 2, 2010 at 4:55 AM

What are the different means of transport from Maputo to Inhaca Island and what are the costs

• schmechi's Profile Photo

Flying visit from South Africa

Maputo May 19, 2010 at 12:29 PM

During my South Africa journey I'll stay in Komatipoort, just 2 kms away from the Mozambique boarder. So I'm lusting for a stamp of that country in my passport too. To be honest, my travel schedule does not allow much time, I just can afford up to three hours... So is it worth to cross the boarder just for geographic reasons? Is there anything to see/visit near the boarder to South African Komatipoort?

As an alternative I'd be able to cross the boarder in Giriyondo inside Kruger Park to get into Greater Limpopo park, but it would cause a detour. Would this be a better option?

I already checked visa requirements and I am allowed to cross the boarder with my rented car. So is there anything else to be considered?

• Visiting Maputo - hobby Lapidary

Maputo Feb 22, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Hi

I will be visiting Maputo on business for a couple of days and wondered if there is anywhere I can find rocks for use in my hobby of lapidary.

agates, amythest, tourmaline, etc

JJ

• jesniel's Profile Photo

Crossing the border

Namaacha Feb 14, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I want to leave my car in Lomahasha and walk to Naamacha. How long will it take to get visa? Is it safe to walk around? Can you get a taxi on the Mozembique side?

• Fishing

Maputo Dec 11, 2008 at 3:35 AM

Good day all,

I'd like to go fishing in Maputo in December, where should I go? I don't have any equipment, just my car. I want to do it legally of course. How much would it cost?

-Wilson

• windpaard's Profile Photo

maputo,moçambique

Maputo Oct 21, 2008 at 2:50 AM

hello
      I would like to visit ,begin next year,maputo,marracuene,bilene and xai-xai;
      I would like to receive info about this places,is maputo safe to visit? and also info about budget accomodation,
      a lot of thanks,janu

2 Answers Oct 31, 2008 at 4:41 PM
    • 9nick10's Profile Photo

Polano Shopping Centre

Maputo Oct 1, 2008 at 9:19 AM

Please please please can someone tell me the name of the outrageously expensive (Italian i think??) men's clothes shop on the top floor of the Polano Shopping centre? It pains me to say i have to get a sweater from there but am no longer in Maputo. Can anyone help please?!

Regards
      Nick

• Rentals and Transport

Maputo Sep 12, 2008 at 2:28 AM

Visiting Maputo..

I would like to know if there is a rental service in Maputo for cars/4x4/motorhome campervans/ect. and is there a train service between Johannesburg and Maputo because no indiction on the website..do you perhaps have a contact at the train service for me?

Thanks for you great service*

Gay-Lynn

2 Answers Sep 17, 2008 at 1:48 PM
    • Map to Polana Hotel

Maputo May 21, 2008 at 2:02 AM

I am looking for a map to the Polana Hotel. Can't read the one that's on the Internet.

3 Answers May 26, 2008 at 2:25 AM
    • Transportation from Maputo to Vilanculos

Maputo Mar 16, 2008 at 8:32 AM

Does anybody know if there is any public transportation going from Maputo to Vilanculos?

Thnanks a lot, cheerio, Sylvie

• johannesburg-maputo

Maputo Feb 16, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Hi,

I would like to know if there's a bus service (instead of the train) from Johannesburg to Maputo and, if yes:
      1. where I can get it (directly from the airport?)
      2. where I can find a timetable
      3. there can be problems at the border with the police, even if on a public transport.

Moreover, I read in a reply to the two sisters that it takes only two hours to reach the border. I was told there should be 7 hours in total Johannesburg- maputo. So it means that it takes 5 hours from the border to Maputo?

Thanks a lot.

Silvia

2 Answers Apr 20, 2008 at 12:08 AM
    • Ramonq's Profile Photo

Angola-Mozambique

Maputo May 15, 2007 at 3:38 AM

I am currently working in Angola, but I would like to visit Mozambique this September. Both countries are Lusophones, but how do they differ from each other?

2 Answers Aug 27, 2007 at 1:17 AM
    • Mail service to Maputo

Maputo Apr 13, 2007 at 1:11 PM

Hello everyone.

I am very interested in mail service from USA to Maputo. I would like to send regular sized letters and sometimes small packages. How can I do this efficiently? Were can I get addt information?

Can I rent or purchase a PO BOX?

Any advice would be great. Thanks!

2 Answers Oct 25, 2007 at 7:23 AM
    • Transport in Mozambique

Maputo Mar 12, 2007 at 6:53 AM

hi guys

Hope someone can help me with my problem. How do we get from the Airport in Maputo to Ponta Malongane Resort. I cant find any website to help me with it and it seems that their public transport's not that good. Please help! Thanks
      Monzi

2 Answers Oct 27, 2007 at 12:10 PM
    • Road from Maputo to Ponta

Provincia de Maputo Nov 23, 2006 at 1:10 AM

Hi, was just wondering if I would make the trip with a diff lock 2x4 bakkie towing a rubberduck if my tyres are deflated to 0.8bar, or would that be taking a chance?

2 Answers Oct 27, 2007 at 12:20 PM