Provincia de Los Santos Travel Answers

change location
MPem's Profile Photo

Cry for Independce

by MPem Online Now Aug 3, 2004 at 8:54 AM

I plan to be in Los Santos, Panama, during the "First Cry For Independence" celebration this November. My guide books don't have much to say. Has anyone been? Activity and accomadation input would be sooo appreciated. I'm basically a budget traveler, but will splurge if need be.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • quime's Profile Photo

Re: Cry for Independce

by quime Online Now Aug 28, 2004 at 4:18 PM

Dear VT Friend, the celebration of the first cry for independence is a great celebration on that province by november 10th. the place must be crowded so you better be there from some 2 or 3 days in advantage. that celebration is not on books because is pure panamanian nationality, so i can tell yopu is one of the off the beating path...for tourist. Los Santos province has an area of 3,806 sq. km, and is therefore the scond smallest of the Panamanian provinces. Population in 1996 was 79,849 inhabitants. Provincial capital is Las Tablas. Los Santos province is bordering Herrera province on south. Both provinces have a shore on the Pacific Ocean. The place is quiet safe enough, the joy is sure. there are some web pages to help you for accomodations, but maybe are only in spanish..los santos isnt a big city! but full of tradition. there is a place called Los Guayacanes, it could be the greates hotel on the region, maybe not expensed for you. ot os near the los santos city...i will look for the w eb address, but you said are a budget traveler, well, welcome to Los Santos and Panama!!! try www.lossantosonline.com or www.chitrenet.net www.ipat.gob.pa/hoteles/hotel-losantos.html www.ipat.gob.pa/hoteles/hotel-herrera.html any question...will me my pleasure! have a nice trip!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MPem's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Cry for Independce

by MPem Online Now Sep 9, 2004 at 7:22 AM

quime, Thank you so much for your help. I've read that the festival takes place on the nearest saturday to the 10th. Am I correct to assume that it will be on the 13th this year? Or will it be celebrated on the saturday before, like we often celebrate our holidays in the US? Thanks again. I've had a hard time tracking down this info. MPem

• quime's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Cry for Independce

by quime Online Now Sep 9, 2004 at 7:50 AM

you must know that there is a celebartion from the 3rd of novmber here in panama...why? november 3rd, independence from colombia november 4th, flag day novembr 5th, city of santiago cry of independence november 6th, city of columbus november 10th, cry of freedon, los santos november 28th independence from spain so be prepare for travel from los santos to the cities of chitre, and santiago, they are near and has celebrations too. november 10th will be celebrating, if not the same day (los santos residents has a strong custom to do that) the 13th...but i have to wait to be complety sure. hugs from panama quime

• Ponchalos's Profile Photo

Re: Cry for Independce

by Ponchalos Online Now Feb 11, 2012 at 10:21 AM

we have a resturant in town called ponchalos, we help people settle in. house rentals($150 to400),used cars 3,0000 to 5,0000, and what ever else you need for free.

cabs are 1.25to most anywhere in town,and the most expensive thing on our menu is5, quesadillas.

feel free to contact me

Phily Liztell
    (507)69823716
    Phily@PanamaPty.com
    www.PanamaPty.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Provincia de Los Santos Travel Answer Locations