Provincia de Loja

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lost camera!!!

Ecuador Aug 2, 2014 at 11:31 AM

We travelled for 17 days in Ecuador and on the 14th day I lost my camera during a busdrive from the beach Los Frailes to Puerto Lopez. It was around 3 pm. Maybe someone found it? It was our honeymoon and now all the rememberances are gone...The battery was already low and there were two storage cards in the case. It was a black Canon Ixus, a small digital camera...I would be so happy to get the storage cards back!!! Is somebody able to help me or give me a hint what to do?!!!

more
    • jmanson6191's Profile Photo

Air Travel

Cuenca Aug 2, 2014 at 6:07 AM

What is cheapest air fare from Quito to United States

more
    • Montanita bus stop.

Montañita Aug 16, 2014 at 8:03 AM

I would be traveling to Puerto Lopez from Salinas by bus, in two weeks. Would like to make a stop for a night or two at the Hurvinek Hotel in Montanita. Wondering if the Bus running from Salinas to Puerto Lopez stop in Montanita? How far Is the Hotel from bus stop. Thanks.

more
    • Elgreco77's Profile Photo

Trip Advice; Ecuador, Galapagos Trip; Jan, Feb 2015

Ecuador Aug 2, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Our itinerary is almost complete now and I'm going to start firming things up this weekend. I'd still welcome any tips before we do. This is it;
      Fly to Quito (5 nights)
      Mindo ( 2 nights)
      Quito airport hotel ( 1)
      Galapagos, Puerto Ayora ( 13 nights including a cruise, whatever we can get)
      Guayacil ( 1 night. Got a hostel next to the airport and bus station. Didn't want to stop here but do want to do Cuenca)
      coach to Cuenca ( 4 nights)
      Coach to Riobamba ( we now have 5 nights between here and Baños) We want to do the train and the loop and like the look of Latacunga. This is where we are open to suggestions
      Baños ( 2)
      Tena ( 2)
      Papallacta (2)
      taxi with Suntravel to the airport and home
      The only question we have is what to do with the 5 nights before Baños. We could add another night in Baños or Tena. Or spend 3 days on the loop. Thanks in advance. We're nearly there

more
    • Is it worth spending a few days in Quito?

Ecuador Aug 17, 2014 at 8:37 AM

Hi, I am planning to go to Puerto Lopez, Cuenca, Vilacabamba. I have about 3 1/2 weeks. Getting in and out of Quito from the airport is a long way--is it worth the hassle of spending a few days in Quito? Cuenca seems much easier to navigate, especially since I am travelling alone. Otherwise, I would just stay near the airport and fly out to Manta the next day. I want a low stress relaxed vacation. Thanks!

more
    • Is the site www.amazon-rainforest-tours.org safe to use?

Ecuador Aug 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Me and my girlfriend are currently looking at a trip to the Galapagos islands and the Amazon rainforest, to include both travelling and volunteering. A trip offered by amazon-rainforest-tours as a 44 day tour.
      We do not know if the site looks like a scam though, as we can not find any reviews?
      But do not want to rule it out straight away as it would be exactly what we are looking for!

Thank you for any help in advance,
      Matt

more

Popular Provincia de Loja Travel Answer Locations

• Best time of year.

Vilcabamba Apr 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM

What the best time of year to see the area, would like to do some cycling while there. Thanks.

• Traveling from Guayaquil to Loja

Provincia de Loja Nov 18, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Hey, I just got offered a job in Loja teaching English and I will be leaving from New York to get there. I plan on flying into Guayaquil, and do not know what the best way to get to Loja is after that. I hear they have small planes, but I also hear that buses are very cheap. Any help would be great!

1 Answer Nov 20, 2008 at 7:50 AM
    • Hosteria Izhcayluma

Vilcabamba May 26, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Seems like this place been getting some awesome reviews and I really wanna try it. Is it hard to get a room at this place? Is it usually over-booked? I'm going there in the beginning of october, 2008. If anyone knows, please post a reply.

/Christer

1 Answer Jun 3, 2008 at 8:18 PM
    • Vilcabamba

Vilcabamba Dec 2, 2007 at 9:27 AM

1) Are yellow fever vaccinations recommended for visiting Vilcabamba ?
      2) Is Vilcabamba "child friendly" ?

1 Answer Nov 24, 2008 at 11:03 AM
    • Vilcabamba Information Sought From a Local

Vilcabamba Oct 18, 2007 at 6:49 PM

Seeking contact for informational purposes only with a Vilcabamba Ecuador english speaking local or someone who has spent time in Vilcabamba.

Please e-mail your external e-mail address if possible.

Thanks Much,

John

• billsparadigm's Profile Photo

GSM cell phone service

Vilcabamba Apr 24, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Is GSM cell phone service available in Vilcabambe? Should I purchase a dual, tri or quad band phone and service in the US? If so, what is the cost and who is the best service provider? Which GSM frequencies are used 850, 900, 1800 or 1900?
      My wife and I are planning a trip to Cuenca, Ecuador in early June and want to visit Vilcabamba. Our goal is to relocate from Tennessee, USA to Ecuador by the end of 2007. Vilcabamba has the most appeal to us for its low cost of living and hopefully low crime rate as compared to the bigger cities. My wife is 61 and I am 71 and drawing Social Security. My wife will be receiving SS benefits in early 2008. We have many questions about life in Ecuador which will be mostly answered when get there in June. We would very much like to meet expats living in Vilcabamba when we arrive. Any information on relocating and living in Vilcabamba or Ecuador in general is much appreciated.
      Bill & Christa

1 Answer Apr 24, 2007 at 2:21 PM
    • chevas72's Profile Photo

PLACES TO VISIT

Provincia de Loja Oct 16, 2003 at 3:56 AM

I AM GOING TO LOJA TOMORROW AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT CAN I DO THERE PLACES TO VISIT , ETC. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP. JC

1 Answer Nov 21, 2003 at 11:27 AM