change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• MiriamT's Profile Photo

Suggestions for fishing

Costa Rica Jul 10, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Will be in Samara July 15-18. My daughter would love to go fishing. can anyone recommend anyone good for this service?
      Thank you!!

more

Samara fishing

Costa Rica Jul 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Does anyone know a good contact for fishing in Samara?

more

Advise for staying in Nosara

Costa Rica Jul 3, 2014 at 3:45 PM

Staying at Mango B&B in Nosara July 15-18th. My daughter would like to go fishing. Does anyone know someone to contact that offers that services. Also any suggestions you have for activities would be be appreciated. We will not have a car so hoping to most things by foot.
      Thank you!

more
    • Pollydg's Profile Photo

Monteverde Tours

Costa Rica Jun 28, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Has anyone ever used Monteverde Tours please?

more
    • Tres Amigos Villas

Provincia de Puntarenas Jun 23, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Has anyone stayed here or heard anything about it? Thinking about booking but it states mangrove area towards rear of property which has me envisioning mosquitos everywhere.

more

Shuttle from San Jose airport to Monteverde

Costa Rica Jul 8, 2014 at 7:08 AM

There are so many choices for shuttles from San Jose to Monteverde does anyone have a recommendation on a specific one they have used?

more

Places to stay in Samara

Costa Rica Jun 30, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Have decided to stay on Pacific coast. What do you think of Samara and recommendations for places to stay. Will be arriving July 12th from Monteverde.

more

Travel to Cahuita

Costa Rica Jun 28, 2014 at 8:18 PM

We are looking to go to Cahuita after leaving Monte Verde. What is the best/economical way to get there? Public bus? We would like to go later in the afternoon so we don't wast a whole day traveling. Also we would appreciate some suggestions on places to stay and what your suggestions would be on things to do. Thank you all so much for your advise and suggestions!!

more
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Boat from Los Chiles to Caño Negro?

Costa Rica Jun 25, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Is it possible to go by boat instead of bus in the rainy season from Los Chiles to Caño Negro? I read somewhere about it but can’t find it anymore.

more
    • Safe for a woman traveling alone in San Jose?

San José Jun 17, 2014 at 10:35 PM

I'm trying to plan a trip to Costa Rica. I wanted to stay in Arenal, but the hotel is in San Jose. Is it safe for a woman traveling alone to stay in San Jose and take a day trip by bus to Arenal, La Fortuna, etc.? Also, has the Asian Striped Tiger mosquito become a problem in Costa Rica? ~Thanks!

more

transportation

Costa Rica Jul 4, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Still having trouble with transportation issues from San Jose to Monteverde and then from Monteverde to Samara. Back to airport from Samara. The $150 x 2( to MV then from Samara) for the shuttle is more than we would like to spend and don't mind the public bus but can we easily tell which ones to change to during the changes. For car rental how bad are the roads to and in Monteverde? Any suggestions or anyone wanting to share transportation July 11 to Monteverde?

more
    • Pollydg's Profile Photo

Tour Guides for Costa Rica

Costa Rica Jun 24, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Going to Costa Rica next year and would like to cut out the UK Tour Companies. Does anyone know of, or had experience of local Tour Companies in Costa Rica please?

We want to go to Arenal Volcano NP, Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve, Manuel Antonio and other places.

more

Caribbean or Pacific

Costa Rica Jun 14, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Just would like to ask your opinion on which beach you would recommend, the ones on the Caribbean side or Pacific side.  I know the Caribbean side will be further from Monteverde, but have heard they are a little less crowed.  Just would love your input/suggestions on which beaches you recommend and also places to stay that you recommend.  Do you know anything about Los Pinos Cabanas y Jardines in Monreverde?  I appreciate all  your help and suggestions!

Thank you

more
    • Weather in July-August

Puerto Viejo Jun 9, 2014 at 3:29 PM

What is the weather like from July0August? I know it will be rainy season, but does that mean there won't be any sun? Don't mind if there's sun in the morning and rain later on, but if its cloudy/rainy all day then not sure i want to make the trip...

2 Answers Jun 12, 2014 at 5:29 AM
    • Driving from Tortuguero to Monteverde via rental car

Monteverde Jun 3, 2014 at 10:33 AM

What is the easiest way to get to Monteverde from Tortuguero with a rental car?

5 Answers Jun 3, 2014 at 3:26 PM
    • What to do between Arenal and Puerto Viejo?

Puerto Viejo Feb 28, 2014 at 9:19 AM

My friend and I are arriving and leaving in San Jose, and have 12 days total. Our first 4 days are in Arenal, then we have 3 undecided days, then 5 in Puerto Viejo before we leave.
      Can anyone recommend a place to go that would be nice to see, in between Arenal and Puerto Viejo, but wouldn't add a lot of travel time?

1 Answer Feb 28, 2014 at 9:59 AM
    • lodging close to arenal volcano and monteverde cloud forest

Monteverde Feb 25, 2014 at 9:09 AM

where to stay for a reasonable price and drive time between the two places?

3 Answers Mar 25, 2014 at 5:40 PM
    • Kayaking to Bocas Del Toro

Puerto Viejo Jan 8, 2014 at 8:51 AM

What sort of information do I need if I am going to be kayaking to Bocas Del Toro from near Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica.
      Can I get an exit stamp from Puerto Viejo?
      Where Do I get my entry paperwork stuff in Bocas, if I tie up to a marina, could they help out with the paperwork?

This might seem like a crazy adventure, but I've done lots and lots of trips like this in Alaska, with a tent and a Kayak... I am skilled in this endeavour. However do not know the legal mumbojumbo and need a little help.

K

2 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 10:42 AM
    • bpolt's Profile Photo

lodgings, safe beach: Cocles or Cahuita?

Cahuita Nov 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM

My adult daughter and I will be in the area the first week of January. She mostly wants to go to a beach. I want to take some excursions, and to swim where the waves will not knock me over.

I prefer simple lodgings; my daughter says, "No hostels." What can you recommend?

5 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    • Safety concerns

Puerto Viejo Nov 15, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Read that a guy on a bike got shot in the arm with a bb gun as he was biking earlier this month. What is going on with the safety issue there and do we need to have concerns biking???!!!

1 Answer Nov 15, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    • Punta Uva Nov.27th for 10 days

Puerto Viejo Nov 15, 2013 at 1:47 PM

What main concerns are there???!!!!!!

10 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 4:13 PM
    • Diving to Puerto Viejo

Puerto Viejo Sep 14, 2013 at 11:34 PM

We are driving from Liberia to Puerto Viejo and was wonder how long the drive will take and the best route?

Thanks

1 Answer Sep 15, 2013 at 4:21 AM
    • Cahuita, Costa Rica to Bocas Del Toro

Cahuita Sep 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

What is the best (safest) way to get from Cahuita to Bocas Del Toro? Would love to save money and avoid flying, so I am thinking busing would be best, just don't know which one to take.

6 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 7:28 AM
    • twilightmuse's Profile Photo

Overnighter

Puerto Viejo Aug 29, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I'm planning on being in Bocas Del Toro for a week and was thinking of taking a shuttle bus to Puerto Viejo for a night or so. I'm a lone female traveller and everything I read thus far about the area says there can be sketchiness with regards to crime. Has anyone been there that can offer some insight to the safety of the area and whether it is worth the hassle? Thanks

5 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    • Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo

Is there a bus that runs from the Costa Rica side of the CR/Panama border to Puerto Viejo/Cocles?

Puerto Viejo Jul 7, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Is there a bus that runs from the Costa Rica side of the CR/Panama border to Puerto Viejo/Cocles?
      Schedule, cost, location? I can just walk across the border from Panama, but I'll need a bus/taxi to move on.

2 Answers Jul 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM
    • Travel from Monteverde

Tortuguero Jun 1, 2013 at 7:55 PM

We will be leaving Monteverde early in the morning and would like to get to Tortuguero in the evening, so we can see the turtles that night. We will have a rental car. What is the best way to travel to Tortuguero, and the best place to stay in order to see the turtles?

3 Answers Jun 5, 2013 at 5:24 AM
    • Veggie Lunch Monteverde

Monteverde Oct 1, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Can anyone suggest a good spot for a veggie lunch near the El Establo Hotel in Monteverde? I've read good and bad about Stella's Bakery.

• Monteverde In February/March

Monteverde Aug 29, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Planning a Costa Rica tour for Feb/Mar and plan to visit Arenal and Monteverde. What's the weather like?

1 Answer Aug 29, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    • Seek house share for 2-3 months December 2012-March 2013

Puerto Viejo Jul 2, 2012 at 3:48 AM

To VTers in Puerto Viejo:
      Does anyone need a temporary roommate in the Puerto Viejo/ Cahuita area? I am looking for a single room in a quiet 420-friendly place. Will be there two or three months, then return to Vermont in the spring. A reasonable guest house is also a possibility. Jungle and beach, hammock, quiet, a place to prepare simple meals, a room of my own. This is what I am looking for. Thanks for any offers or suggestions.

7 Answers Aug 2, 2012 at 4:43 AM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

apartment with boatdock in Cahuita?

Cahuita Jun 10, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Hi,

We are considering to spend some time in Cahuita.
      We are traveling with a small sailboat, on which we can not sleep.
      Is there a possibility to find a place to stay that has a boat dock?

Thanks!

3 Answers Oct 13, 2012 at 2:40 PM
    • Travel help

Puerto Viejo Apr 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Hi, we will be arriving in San Jose airport in April 4:05pm and I am concerned how to get to La Costa De Papito since the last bus leaves at 4:00pm.
      What are our options, we are family with 2 boys. How can we make it to Puerto Viejo less costly. what is a good place to stay in San Jose for the night?

As well we wanted to see Poas Volcano! How to go about from Puerto Viejo on May 8th to Alajuela, visit Poas Volcano, stay for the night and head back next day, May 9th to the airport, since we have a plane to catch at 12:20pm.
      Any helpful tips greatly appreciated.

2 Answers May 13, 2012 at 2:14 PM
    • I_luv_travelling's Profile Photo

Weather in January??

Provincia de Limón Jan 6, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I know taht it's been raining a lot for the last few days near Limon but from what I can read on the net, it is pretty typical for this region in January.

Could someone tell me if it's true? We are going from Jan. 26th to 30th but if the weather is crappy, I'll go somewhere else like Guanacaste where I'm pretty garanteed nice weather.

Thanks!

3 Answers Jan 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    • tours from Puerto Viejo

Puerto Viejo Jun 17, 2011 at 7:35 AM

My husband I will be visiting Puerto Viejo this winter for 2 weeks. We want to do a tour to Bocas tel toro, preferably an over night tour at a hotel there, then return the next day.
      Does anyone have any advice, any web links I can view, what are my best options for planning this. Any information would be helpful.
      This will be our 2nd visit to Puerto Viejo. We visited 3 years ago and LOVED the area, we just did some local tours back then...sloth sanctuary, chocolate bri bri tour ect, can't wait to return again.

5 Answers Nov 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    • ZeekLTK's Profile Photo

Hotel close to ziplining places?

Monteverde Mar 5, 2011 at 3:22 PM

Hi,

We're only going to be in Monteverde for one day - arriving in the morning and departing the following morning. We don't want to waste a lot of time going to/from stuff, so what are some hotels that are right by the cloud forest so that we can go ziplining, etc. shortly after checking in?

Thanks.

• Traveling to Cahuita

Cahuita Nov 27, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I have been doing some research about how to get from San Jose to Cahuita and i have seen several different stations: the Gran Terminal de Caribe, the coca-cola terminal, the carribian terminal. I was wondering if these were all the same, they seem to have the same bus times, or if they were all different. If they are different, which one is the best bet? Cheapest, most convenient and fastest. Also will there be bus service on Christmas eve or Christmas Day?

Thank you!

1 Answer Dec 1, 2010 at 1:05 AM
    • Share Ride from San Jose to Puerto Viejo?

Provincia de Limón Oct 27, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Three of us arriving in San Jose on March 4, 2011 at 2pm and taking a private minivan to Puerto Viejo (approx200 US). Wondering if anyone wants ot share the ride/fee. Van fits up tp eight depending on amount of luggage :)

• Where to stay near Earth University

Provincia de Limón Oct 21, 2010 at 12:09 PM

I am going to CR for business, most likely the last week in Feb. 2011 and may be spending a day at Earth University in Guacimo. I am also hoping to bring my family with me to have a mini vacation after my business is done, most likely in the Puerto Viejo area. I'm looking for some options for a place to stay within a reasonable distance from the University. I'll likely only need one night but was hoping for someplace that my wife and 7 year old son would enjoy for the day while I'm at the University. I thought the Hotel and Country Club Suerro in Guapiles might be a good choice but, at least according to one site I looked at it appears to be sold out. I can't seem to find any other good options. Any ideas?

• Puerto Viejo in January

Provincia de Limón Aug 22, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Hi,
      I am planning to visit Puerto Viejo in January 3 to 10 of 2011, should I visit this place at this time of year?
      Is it going to rain a lot, I really want to enjoy clear water and go snorkeling?

Please let me know what you think?

Thanks,

Laura

2 Answers Aug 24, 2010 at 12:49 PM
    • Paulo_Pinto's Profile Photo

Punta Uva

Puerto Viejo Aug 5, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Hi
      Punta Uva beach is really good ? In sorroundings are there supermarket or/and restaurants ? prices and quality ?
      What is the better period of the year to go ?

Thankd/Gracias

4 Answers Aug 28, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    • roamer61's Profile Photo

How many nights in Monteverde?

Monteverde Jun 1, 2010 at 5:58 AM

Hi. I am planning for a trip to Costa Rica for next year. What would be the ideal number of nights for the Monteverde/Arenal Area?

5 Answers Jun 9, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    • habitualwanderer's Profile Photo

Zip lining in Monteverde vs. Manual Antonio

Monteverde May 27, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Hello,
      Can anyone tell me what the difference between zip lining in Monteverde vs. Manual Antonio would be? We are sort of pressed for time in Monteverde and would prefer to do a hike to experience the wildlife and maybe spend some time on the suspension bridges. We would love to zip line, but are we missing out if we do it somewhere else rather than Monteverde?
      Any input is appreciated!

Thanks,
      Andrea

1 Answer May 30, 2010 at 11:33 PM
    • habitualwanderer's Profile Photo

Monteverde to Montezuma

Monteverde May 27, 2010 at 1:25 PM

Hello Travelers,
      I am looking to find the most efficient way (time and expense-wise) to get from Monteverde to Montezuma. It looks to me like most of the bus options are once a day and in the morning. Does anyone know of any options that leave in the early afternoon? Affordable travel options are always appreciated! I am open to most modes of transportation, i.e. bus, shuttle, rental car, ferry, etc? From what I have read so far, I should expect around 5 and a half hours for travel time? Definitely looking for an afternoon departure!
      Thank you in advance for your thoughts & suggestions!

Andrea

• from Tortuguero to Cahuita

Cahuita Dec 4, 2009 at 3:19 PM

What are the bus/boat transportation options to get from Tortuguero Village to Cahuita?

1 Answer Dec 8, 2009 at 1:08 AM