Provincia de La Habana

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travel times

Holguín Jun 17, 2014 at 6:52 PM

i want too travel too holguin from the usa i need too know the shortest destination i can get an internal flight as im travelling from london

more
    • ateach52's Profile Photo

Havana to the East: itinerary help

Cuba Jun 11, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Hi, We were in Western Cuba and down south to Trinidad and Cienfuegos 8 years ago. Going back in October for two weeks, this time hoping to go eastwards. We're two couples in our sixties. I'd really appreciate some help on the following from anyone who's done this.
      1) Any itinerary tips (i.e. which towns / villages to stay at, which definitely shouldn't be missed, any driving times etc.)
      2) A reliable car rental company in Havana where we can rent a car for about 10 days to be dropped off in Santiago or wherever we can catch a plane back to Havana from. We'd need a fairly sizable one since there are 4 of us, and we'll have some scuba equipment with us too)
      3) As for accommodation, any tips on Casa particulares. The last time we were in Cuba we loved this option - much better than the government-run hotels, we thought! Same goes for the 'private' restaurants. Do they still exist? I do speak fairly passable Spanish, so no problem if people don't speak English
      4) Any nice beach areas to be recommended for a day or two near the end of our trip where we can snorkel & scuba dive? Looking for paradise …. :)

Thanks so much to anyone who's willing to take the time to give me some feedback. Greatly appreciated!

more
    • Natalllya's Profile Photo

Visa for Cuba

Cuba Jun 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Which nationalities need a visa for Cuba?

more
    • abs87's Profile Photo

Flights to Cuba

Cuba Jun 17, 2014 at 6:17 PM

Hi everyone just looking for some advice on the most affordable way to access Cuba by air? I am flexible in terms of departure port although I have been planning to leave from Jamaica, (can depart canada or USA aswell) would also be interested to know if there are passenger boats or ships that travel around that area as an alternative, looking at the first two weeks of January 2015.
      Thanks in advance !

more

Popular Provincia de La Habana Travel Answer Locations

• Suzanne_M's Profile Photo

DECEMBER 2012 AND JANUARY 2013 IN CUBA!

Provincia de La Habana Nov 18, 2012 at 10:52 AM

i finally did it, i.e. i booked my flight to go to CUBA for the holidays. i will be leaving Montreal to VARADERO on DECEMBER 21 (arriving at 9pm) and returning to Montreal from VARADERO on JANUARY 5 (leaving at 12h25pm).
      i am planning on staying in 'CASAS PARTICULARES' in VARADERO on the first 2 nights (december 21 and december 22) and on the last 2 nights (january 3 and january 4) because of my flights.
      SO, for the other 11 nights, can i wait until i get there to book the rooms? i have not planned everything yet, but i was thinking of going to the west to do some biking, maybe going to Trinidad. also going to the playas del este. and i thought of spending DECEMBER 31 in LA HAVANA.
      does that seem like a good plan?
      thanks in advance for your advice.

CHRISTMAS IN VARADERO or IN LA HAVANA?

Provincia de La Habana Nov 12, 2012 at 6:54 AM

hi,
      i think i found the flight to go from MONTREAL to VARADERO.
      where is it BETTER to celebrate CHRISTMAS? VARADERO or LA HAVANA?
      also, which DAY would be better? December 24? December 25?
      also, would it be easy to get transport from Varadero to La Havana if i decide to spend christmas in La Havana?
      thanks in advance

4 Answers Nov 12, 2012 at 8:02 AM

CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR'S EVE IN LA HAVANA!

Provincia de La Habana Nov 12, 2012 at 4:10 AM

hi,
      i have finally decided to go to LA HAVANA this christmas. i will be buying a PLANE TICKET (return) and then i am planning to stay in CASAS PARTICULARES.
      considering that it will be at CHRISTMAS time (i am hoping to be leaving around DECEMBER 21-22 and staying until JANUARY 1st at least, i.e. i would like to spend BOTH CHRISTMAS and NEW YEAR'S EVE there!), can i just book a few night in one CASA for when i arrive and then book the other nights when i get there? i am thinking of maybe travelling around a bit, mostly in the north, maybe a bit of biking in the ouest of Havana.
      OR should i play it safe and book right away for the length of my stay?
      thanks for the advice.

2 Answers Nov 12, 2012 at 7:38 AM

CHRISTMAS 2012 IN CUBA?

Provincia de La Habana Nov 5, 2012 at 3:57 AM

i have been to cuba 4 times already, using all-inclusive packages. i need to go somewhere HOT for christmas 2012 (i am off between december 21 and january 6 inclusively). my last day at work is on december 20 and i was hoping to be a plane on december 21 (i believe the prices go up starting december 22).
      i was thinking of booking a plane and a B&B (together or separately) instead of an all-inclusive so i would have the freedom of doing what i want, eating where i want, etc. would that turn out to be more expensive? or would i be better off getting an all-inclusive package anyway, even if i don't eat and drink there all the time, and then still doing my own thing?
      also, i wanted to go to SANTIAGO, but SANDY has hit that area pretty hard. what are the chances of the area being able to receive tourists on time for christmas?
      should i be going to LA HABANA instead?
      i am also a yoga teacher and i was hoping to either go to yoga schools for drop-in classes OR maybe even doing a yoga-stay / retreat? is that possible? how is the yoga in cuba? what place would be best for yoga? (i would prefer to take the classes in spanish).

3 Answers Nov 5, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    • Maykoopman's Profile Photo

Painting lessons / dance lessons

Provincia de La Habana Jan 29, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Hi! Can anyone recommend a place for taking dance lessons in Havanna? Also I am looking for a place to study painting. Thanks.

• Maykoopman's Profile Photo

ATM Machines in Cuba

Provincia de La Habana Jan 12, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Do ATM machines exist in Cuba? Or does one have to bring all the cash?
      thanks.

3 Answers Jan 23, 2010 at 5:32 AM
    • FlyingDutchmen's Profile Photo

casa particulare in Havana in november 2008

Provincia de La Habana Sep 26, 2008 at 6:28 AM

Hello,

I will be in Havana in the beginning of November.
      Can anyone recommend me a normal priced accomodation in Havana Vieja?
      Please tell me how to email them.

Thanks

Tobias

1 Answer Sep 26, 2008 at 8:10 AM
    • Room in Havana (Miramar or Vedado)

Provincia de La Habana Oct 6, 2007 at 11:37 AM

Hello

I would like to rent a room with private shower and wc for a longer period, maybe 6 months or more

It has to be in Miramar or Vedado

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance

Please mail me at
      saschaolaevna@hotmail.com

1 Answer Oct 7, 2007 at 2:00 AM
    • Anyone rent a house in Havana?

Provincia de La Habana Jun 26, 2007 at 4:14 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has any information about renting a house or nice apt. in Havana. I have seen several listed with pools for rent for 300 cuc a night. I'm looking to spend 100-200 a night.Lat month I rented a nice 2 bedroom apt across from the Hotel Libre but I'm looking for a nicer place to rent for a week or two.

• unive's Profile Photo

cellular phones in Cuba

Provincia de La Habana Mar 18, 2007 at 9:18 AM

Hi, does anyone knows if I can use a cellular phone in Cuba?Thanks

3 Answers Mar 24, 2007 at 12:41 PM
    • unive's Profile Photo

driving in cuba

Provincia de La Habana Mar 1, 2007 at 7:44 AM

hi I wanted to know is it safe to drive in cuba or it is better to use a public transport? thanks

3 Answers Mar 5, 2007 at 12:22 PM
    • Casa in Vedado

Provincia de La Habana Oct 21, 2006 at 3:17 PM

Can someone recommend a nice casa particular in Vedado (about 20 CUC) that I can book online?

2 Answers Oct 22, 2006 at 6:16 AM
    • unive's Profile Photo

when is the best period to go to Cuba?

Provincia de La Habana Sep 29, 2006 at 6:08 AM

Hi, I'm pllaning a trip to Ciba and wanted to know now which is the best period to go? Thanks

2 Answers Oct 3, 2006 at 2:17 PM
    • adamlawler's Profile Photo

Photography in Habana

Provincia de La Habana Aug 10, 2006 at 5:58 AM

Hello fellow VTers :)

My girlfriend and I will possibly be going to Havana in two weeks time for a week. I'm very much into my photography, but from the stories I hear, Havana isn't particularly the safest place in the world.
      I'm alright with looking after myself, but I tend to carry a lot of gear with me and am worried about it.
      My bag is a Lowepro Orion Trekker, which has been made to look like a normal backpack, so I won't stand out in the crowd, and I'm definitely leaving my tripod at home. But I'm just paranoid about when I take out my gear (changing lenses, adding filters etc).

Can anyone share their experiences of photography in Havana? I don't mean with Point and Shoot cameras, I mean with SLRs and accompanying gear.
      Thanks

6 Answers Aug 16, 2006 at 8:35 AM
    • Cameleon Villas

Playa Jibacoa Feb 17, 2006 at 6:47 PM

We are going to Cameleon Villas during the second week of March. Has anyone been there recently. In particular we are wondering about the beach and the ability to do some biking from the resort.

2 Answers Mar 2, 2006 at 6:25 PM
    • Discovering Havana

Provincia de La Habana Feb 1, 2006 at 8:23 AM

Dear travellers,
      I intend to spend a week in Cuba in two weeks from now and I think it would be a pity to stay in a resort. I want to see how people live, so I want to go to Havana. I thought it would be best to stay in a Casa Particular. Would you, please, give a hint about where I should be located - Vedado, Centro Havana or Old Havana. Also, I was wondering whether I need to rent a car for Havana and of course, where to go. If you have a great experience with a Casa Particular, please, let me know.
      Thank you very much!
      Mia

4 Answers Feb 1, 2006 at 2:01 PM
    • acohiba's Profile Photo

Baseball

Provincia de La Habana Mar 24, 2005 at 3:12 PM

Can not go to Cuba and not catch a baseball game. I am planning my trip for the end of May beginning of June. Anyone advise me on where I can catch a good game? and which teams are the ones to watch? Thanks in advance. Alejandro

Estoy planeando ir a Cuba al fin de Mayo o principio de Junio. Donde puedo ver un buen juego de beisbol? y cual son los mejores equipos? Gracias

2 Answers Apr 3, 2005 at 9:54 PM
    • Travel from and back to Miramar

Provincia de La Habana Oct 27, 2004 at 10:47 AM

We will be staying at the Occidental Miramar in December. This hotel is not centralized. Has anyone ever stayed at this hotel, and could you tell me: what is the best way to get to the City Center and/or Old Havana?

1 Answer Oct 27, 2004 at 11:10 AM
    • groundhog56's Profile Photo

Havana vs. the beach

Provincia de La Habana Dec 21, 2003 at 8:00 AM

I will be going to Cuba in late January for one week. I like to explore, off the beaten path, in the city and on the beach, and take lots of pictures. Would it be best to stay in Havana (Old Havana?) and travel to the beach (which beach is close and preferably more private?) for several days? Or, should I stay at the beach and travel into Havana some days and evenings? I will be travelling on a budget.

2 Answers Aug 5, 2004 at 12:06 PM